'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
She would be a great Abby. But she gotta put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle.

Abby gotta be swole. I don’t know how they are going to do it but they gotta figure it out. That shyt is literally her identity.

She already got that stocky no neck look, if she can just get a little more cut/defined it might work

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this is an honest question. let me preface it by saying it was a very well made pilot, and i thought the acting was well done. as someone with no knowledge of the game, how am i supposed to see this as anything more than "derivative, typical zombie-ish dystopian storytelling?" i feel like i'm supposed to be jizzing all over myself after that pilot, and outside of "oh these people are all hopped up on fungus" i don't think i saw a single thing that i haven't seen before.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is an honest question. let me preface it by saying it was a very well made pilot, and i thought the acting was well done. as someone with no knowledge of the game, how am i supposed to see this as anything more than "derivative, typical zombie-ish dystopian storytelling?" i feel like i'm supposed to be jizzing all over myself after that pilot, and outside of "oh these people are all hopped up on fungus" i don't think i saw a single thing that i haven't seen before.

if the show itself didn’t evoke that “feeling” from you then words definitely won’t either lol and that’s ok…not everyone is supposed to be excited by the show…especially not after one ep even tho I liked it and am familiar enough with the material to be excited for what’s to come based on how the first ep was handled…but again everyone doesn’t have to be excited about it nor should they feel the need to ask folks to coax them into feeling great about the ep

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
if the show itself didn’t evoke that “feeling” from you then words definitely won’t either lol and that’s ok…not everyone is supposed to be excited by the show…especially not after one ep even tho I liked it and am familiar wit the material to be excited for what’s to come based on how the first ep was handled…but again everyone doesn’t have to be excited about or coaxed into feeling great about the ep
I wasn't excited for game of thrones untill Bran fell off the tower

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I think a lot of people (who aren’t fans of the game) just want to see a prestige drama about a zombie outbreak, something no other network has really delivered on. Walking Dead was the closest one but they’ve been very inconsistent throughout the seasons and i think we can all agree that the budget ain’t there or the acting.

If you weren’t sold on the first episode then it’s probably not for you. People were in the House of The Dragon thread basically saying the same thing, “we seen this stuff before”, “its boring”, etc.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
if the show itself didn’t evoke that “feeling” from you then words definitely won’t either lol and that’s ok…not everyone is supposed to be excited by the show…especially not after one ep even tho I liked it and am familiar enough with the material to be excited for what’s to come based on how the first ep was handled…but again everyone doesn’t have to be excited about it nor should they feel they need to ask folks to coax them into feeling great about the ep
i mean yeah, but if i saw this in a vacuum i would just think, "man that was an expensive version of 12 other things." people that have spent 40 hours playing what will amount to 9 hours of screen time keep telling me it's gonna be amazing, so i guess i gotta listen to em

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't excited for game of thrones untill Bran fell off the tower

to each their own…I had zero knowledge of the books yet was literally hooked from the opening scene…and there are no words I would waste to “convince” you to like it out the gate and conversely there’s nothing you can say that can make me understand why it took that long for you to enjoy the first ep…and neither of us are right or wrong on the shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
to each their own…I had zero knowledge of the books yet was literally hooked from the opening scene…and there are no words I would waste to “convince” you to like it out the gate and conversely there’s nothing you can say that can make me understand why it took that long for you to enjoy the first ep…and neither of us are right or wrong on the shyt

All you gotta tell me is HBO and I like it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i mean yeah, but if i saw this in a vacuum i would just think, "man that was an expensive version of 12 other things."

this means nothing to me…you have to decide on your own if you want to continue watching it or not…no one’s words are gonna trump what you saw and decided about the show as a result

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All you gotta tell me is HBO and I like it.

HBO has fallen flat a few times…but being familiar with the source material and them using the “chernobyl” creator on top of that is what made me anticipate this

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Should have gave god of war to hbo max
They already have Game of Thrones which is expensive.
Did you watch Station Eleven? I feel like while that show was great, it releasing on HBO just a year or so before this could create some genre fatigue for viewers IMO.