'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is crazy how much of this story I got committed to memory, to where I see everything coming, settings, the differences, scenes they skipped, characters all of it :russ:

I’m fw it. It’s not hard to replicate since the point of the game was to replicate film/TV, but they got the vibes down pat.

Old lady in the background was some bonafide horror shyt :leon: it really is like I’m watching somebody play the game tho, it’s amazing how 1:1 it is overall. I’m wondering how they pace it out. Is it gonna be seasons matching the seasons of the game? Whole game in the first season, pt 2 next season? I’m guessing the latter.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I mean it’s pretty much exactly like the game. I don’t know what else you expected…
I didn't really remember the game like that, but it was 10 years ago so I guess I was just less used to zombie setups back then

Everything relating to the outbreak itself, including the one immune kid, feels very run-of-the-mill now. So it's kind of surprising to see people so sucked into it already

It's not bad at all but it feels like it's barely gotten started to me

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This was a good adaptation. My only critique would be that the environment and the set design didn't feel real to me. It felt like they were on a studio/warehouse with good CGI for the larger scale shots the entire time.

i felt the opposite. the 1st 30-45 minutes they are in that suburb community of Austin and it felt real.. trying to get through the traffic and onto the highway.. was tremendously shot..

Post-Apocalyptic Boston was good as well.. it felt deserted and once habitable.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't really remember the game like that, but it was 10 years ago so I guess I was just less used to zombie setups back then

Everything relating to the outbreak itself, including the one immune kid, feels very run-of-the-mill now. So it's kind of surprising to see people so sucked into it already

Well if they do part 2 that’s less about zombies and moreso about people being the villains. Walking dead tried this concept except it was stale as fukk

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i felt the opposite. the 1st 30-45 minutes they are in that suburb community of Austin and it felt real.. trying to get through the traffic and onto the highway.. was tremendously shot..

Post-Apocalyptic Boston was good as well.. it felt deserted and once habitable.
That's fine, it's preference anyway.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The Walking Dead is/was one of the most popular shows on TV, is it really surprising that this pilot has people intrigued? Production value alone, this is shytting on TWD and it's just 1 episode in

:dead:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Here's a wild thought -- maybe they aren't trying to force some ideology. Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy... but maybe she had the best audition and was the best person for the role? Obviously she killed it, so... is it possible that could be why she got the part?!
:skip: You think the casting call description just included everybody huh? No specificities. Nothing intentional.

A younger Marsai Martin could’ve gotten it, if she just acted better huh

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else feel like the pilot was solid but not like groundbreaking? Very good, enough to keep watching, but sort of generic in how it set things up
People who haven't played the game are going to be blown away by this story. The end is going to have non-gamers talking about this shyt for a minute. It's not groundbreaking to you and I because we've played and experienced the game and a sequel years ago.