'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I dont understand exactly what a bloater is. Are they going to explain that soon? Please don't tell me anything that's gonna spoil me

Pretagging @hex just in case. Y'all know imma snitch when it comes to the Film Room :ufdup:
Not really a spoiler

It’s just an infected person who has been isolated and infected for a long time

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Lamar Johnson (Henry) is Canadian. The stereotypical Canadian accent sounds like people from Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc.

Not all Canadians have that accent though.
This was my first time seeing young dude. Hopefully this sparks a big career for him, he did a great job.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I dont understand exactly what a bloater is. Are they going to explain that soon? Please don't tell me anything that's gonna spoil me

Pretagging @hex just in case. Y'all know imma snitch when it comes to the Film Room :ufdup:

I looked it up after the episode

Bloaters are basically infected whose hosts haven’t “died” yet so the fungus can continue growing and spreading until totally encasing the host body under a thick layer of the fungus.

They’re the “evolution” of clickers

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Think this is a good rundown of the zombies so far and their time range
47fe19b8cc125c0a63ab3b4668677cb5.png

Not sure about the ecolocation on bloaters part though :jbhmm:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Breh, if the show was trying to tell us that Kathleen was out in the streets putting in work, beating the shyt out of people, a combo of Solid Snake and Marcus Fenix, then yeah, I'd have the :aicmon:

Ellie was eating a chicken sandwich in the 2nd episode. They didn't explain whether Marlene's assistant worked in a restaurant.
Plus you'd assume that to build momentum with a revolution, you'd need somebody playing the "politician" role, meaning making sure that your side gets the resources, supplies and allies it needs, and putting everybody that can be in the QZ on the same page

Her brother seemed to have these skills and gathered good will from everybody under FEDRA tyranny, so with him becoming a martyr and getting beaten to death by the police state, it begs to reason that she'd inherit his network and folks would be willing to let her in and listen to what she has to say

Her brother's reputation, plus some cunning negociations and social skills, I'm not surprised she'd end up on top.

Now if folks have problem with the acting performance that's another thing altogether. But pretending as if women that don't have military experience can't end up leading revolutions in chaotic times is a lowbrow take. A superficial reading of history or understanding of group social dynamics would be enough to show that the world doesn't work like that

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Plus you'd assume that to build momentum with a revolution, you'd need somebody playing the "politician" role, meaning making sure that your side gets the resources, supplies and allies it needs, and putting everybody that can be in the QZ on the same page

Her brother seemed to have these skills and gathered good will from everybody under FEDRA tyranny, so with him becoming a martyr and getting beaten to death by the police state, it begs to reason that she'd inherit his network and folks would be willing to let her in and listen to what she has to say

Her brother's reputation, plus some cunning negociations and social skills, I'm not surprised she'd end up on top.

Now if folks have problem with the acting performance that's another thing altogether. But pretending as if women that don't have military experience can't end up leading revolutions in chaotic times is a lowbrow take. A superficial reading of history or understanding of group social dynamics would be enough to show that the world doesn't work like that

I’m not arguing with any of this

The ACTRESS however was miscast. She wasn’t believable as a leader or politician or someone who got the “dirty” stuff done.

She came off weak willed and whiny. She didn’t have the guts to really pull the trigger on Henry TWICE when she had him dead to rights and this is the dude you been hell bent on finding? She shoulda capped him the moment she saw his face.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I’m not arguing with any of this

The ACTRESS however was miscast. She wasn’t believable as a leader or politician or someone who got the “dirty” stuff done.

She came off weak willed and whiny. She didn’t have the guts to really pull the trigger on Henry TWICE when she had him dead to rights and this is the dude you been hell bent on finding? She shoulda capped him the moment she saw his face.
The actress was whatever for me. She didn't shine but didn't take me out of it.

As for her not killing Henry, he knew her brother personally, so I assume he had a semblance of relationship with her too. I'd understand her wanting to take her time with it and trying to take in the moment.

But I'm also fine with considering that one of those writing clichés where the villain wants to talk or fukk around and not kill the hero when he has the chance for a Deus Ex Machina to occur. Same as Ellie, Sam and Henry not bouncing as soon as the explosion happened and the rebels' attention was directed elsewhere.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Same as Ellie, Sam and Henry not bouncing as soon as the explosion happened and the rebels' attention was directed elsewhere.
That was so annoying. Im like "Run!!! while they looking at the zombies :what:"
Then they did the same thing when Kathleen died, sitting and look. Joel had to come out and be like " :dahell:Let's GO!"