'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overbearing soccer mom / president of the middle school moms club vibes. True :patrice:
Without spoiling anything, a lot of the story deals with how much fukked. up shyt people have to do to survive. As nice as someone may be in normal life, if shyt goes bad and the only way for you and yours to eat is to kill someone, you might do it. If the only way to survive is to transfer something/someone, you might have to do some fukked up shyt to make sure you're successful.

shyt goes bad, I'm not necessarily following the person with the biggest muscles, I'm following the person that make sure everyone in their camp gets to eat, can find a good place for us to live, can delegate to make sure we're safe and anyone that tries to fukk with us gets handled.

And if that's her character, her being that annoying ass mom that knew how much deli meat and chips to buy to feed the team, coaches and volunteers without going a dollar over budget, mapped the quickest way to get to the game, got two kids that were about to fight to hug it out, and then went off on the ref for a blown call, may be someone to follow, especially if she shows she can get dirty when the time calls for it.

Would I bet on her in a fist fight against some big ass dude, no, but if she has the camp ran efficient as fukk to where no one would want to challenge her then :manny:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
On top of what you mention, people don't want to be alone...That's the whole point of Bill & Frank. The prepper shyt from Bill was false bravado to hide the fact that the man was bottling all that loneliness & hurt inside. I mean look at real life and how people reacted to Covid...shyt like this shouldn't have to be explained about human nature.
but this is why some people are upset about that episode because they changed BIll- he DIDNT have false Bravado at all - he LIKED the world as it had turned into and Frank left him because he wanted more than just to survive

the love story was nice and all but BIll would have never killed himself even if he DID fall in love - he was all about surviving at any cost....

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
And if that's her character, her being that annoying ass mom that knew how much deli meat and chips to buy to feed the team, coaches and volunteers without going a dollar over budget, mapped the quickest way to get to the game, got two kids that were about to fight to hug it out, and then went off on the ref for a blown call, may be someone to follow, especially if she shows she can get dirty when the time calls for it.
Speaking of, she made another post after someone called her out for not "looking" like she could lead

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
in the trailer there was an old couple they showed. Im pretty sure Joel still gets hurt at some point and they help keep him alive while Ellie goes out on her own. I think they skip the University all together.

I hope we get the giraffe scene...feels like we have too

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This is the most duh statement of all time, and I'm sort of surprised so many people didn't realize that.

Obviously the creators aren't interested in maintaining the typical tropes and stereotypes we see in this genre. Evidenced by:
  • Non-blue eyed, blonde-hair actress playing Sarah in episode 1.
  • Macho man/Bear Grylls-esque survivalist being a gay homosexual in episode 3.
  • A typically nameless thug raider is revealed to be a scared and desperate kid, who cop pleas when faced with his own mortality.
Lynskey is right about the character being interesting, but dead wrong about people choosing the best leaders in the future. That has never and will never happen. People are way too superficial, vain and choose leaders for stupid reasons.

Look at the last president :wow:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
People stereotype everything about this show fitting some agenda or whatever but the point of a show like this is that once the apocalypse happens none of the stereotypes matter anymore and its about who steps up to allow people to survive
For instance Joel this episode literally said he is not a good man and he has ambushed and killed innocent people. Well I don't care if I was in Ellie's position he is the main one protecting me IDC why anything else would matter.

In a situation where the gov't is literally running the QZ like a fascist camp you think the people who engage in a revolt or uprising are caring about how tough or pretty someone is looking when they need a competent leader?

I'm surprised all this needs to be explained in general this show is not that far from the walking dead but it doesn't need to hold your hand that much
People are fukking stupid :manny:

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
but this is why some people are upset about that episode because they changed BIll- he DIDNT have false Bravado at all - he LIKED the world as it had turned into and Frank left him because he wanted more than just to survive

the love story was nice and all but BIll would have never killed himself even if he DID fall in love - he was all about surviving at any cost....

In the game we get 5 - 10 mins of any actual insight into Bill...and in that time, we do see him choke up seeing Frank and then goes back to pretending he doesn't care when Joel tells him he is sorry. You can infer a lot from that small moment right there.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
In the game we get 5 - 10 mins of any actual insight into Bill...and in that time, we do see him choke up seeing Frank and then goes back to pretending he doesn't care when Joel tells him he is sorry. You can infer a lot from that small moment right there.
yeh but that was again supposed to be an indication about BIlls selfishness- he knew what it took for him to change but he STILL refused to ..

I get why they changed it. The goal of the story for the show seems to be "we need a goal and each other to survive," and after what happened with Tess, having Bill's story end in the same way that the video game did would make things even more oppressive and bleak. But I also feel like something huge was missed by not doing it. Bill has survived because he closed himself off from anything and everything that could hurt him. It wasn't until Joel and Ellie find him that he starts to venture out, even if it was just for survival. And the more he opened himself, the longer he stayed around Joel and Ellie, the more he put his life in danger. All to culminate at the moment he and Joel find Frank's body and he has a sincere moment of vulnerability and sadness. And instead of choosing to accept that danger that comes with being with others, to deal with that sadness and vulnerability and the risk of being vulnerable again, he chooses to be alone and further cut himself off from others. Even the suicide note plays to that fear of others and fear of being vulnerable to others because even Bill's relationship with Frank, he still was an a$$hole who chose to cut himself off from things that made him vulnerable.

The dangers of letting people get close to us is compelling to me as a story as why we need others to survive, and I feel like that is something that was missed when the writers made this story choice. I'm not sure I explained it, but it is what it is.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Right, the hard version of bill in the game was because Frank left. They played that same scene in the show. It was this scene below, they had a big blow up because Frank wanted to fix stuff and go into town(wrong quote, didnt fill like finding the exact sentence).
Un4xygx.gif

Where in the game, Bill didnt budge from his position and Frank storms off to get killed, in the show Bill acquiesced, he helps Frank build out the stores and they stayed together for 20 years. Either way, Bill serves as a lesson to Joel and motivates him to be there for Ellie.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Speaking of, she made another post after someone called her out for not "looking" like she could lead

Look at the last president :wow:

Exactly. People are incredibly shallow, and first and foremost care about if their leaders 'look the part'. Trump, for all his weakness, looks like a guy who can get shyt done, even if its 99.9% bullshyt bravado. Hilary Clinton, despite all her experience and first hand knowledge, reminds people of the shrill nagging they get from their wives or mothers.

Similarly, this is why people are having a knee-jerk reaction to the superficial aspects of Kathleen. They have preconceptions of what the leader of the "evil faction" is supposd to look like, not realizing this isn't an evil warlord commanding lifelong hardened militants, and former US Navy SEALs. Outside of Greybeard, they seem to all be normal, regular people, with slapdashed weapons and armor. If you think she's leading trained killers, you aren't really paying attention. If you think the KC QZ rebels are just "apocalyptic warlords" , you have too simplistic view of morality.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

For the ppl saying she doesnt seem fit to be the leader, looks like that is the point of the character :manny:

I mean, that's not the issue (at least not to me). My problem so far is that we haven't gotten any explanation as to why someone like her is in that position, so all her scenes stuck out badly. We might get the backstory tomorrow so it's :manny: until it happens.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, that's not the issue (at least not to me). My problem so far is that we haven't gotten any explanation as to why someone like her is in that position, so all her scenes stuck out badly. We might get the backstory tomorrow so it's :manny: until it happens.
She only had like 2 scenes though.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Similarly, this is why people are having a knee-jerk reaction to the superficial aspects of Kathleen. They have preconceptions of what the leader of the "evil faction" is supposd to look like, not realizing this isn't an evil warlord commanding lifelong hardened militants, and former US Navy SEALs. Outside of Greybeard, they seem to all be normal, regular people, with slapdashed weapons and armor. If you think she's leading trained killers, you aren't really paying attention. If you think the KC QZ rebels are just "apocalyptic warlords" , you have too simplistic view of morality.
Like.......I really don't get where people get the group is evil or "para military/trained" from. Joel said he used to do the same trick and playing injured to lure ppl, so if Joel isnt evil, you can't really call them evil for that, just surviving. We know that they are against Fedra(who have been said to be Nazis in the show) from the interrogation scene.

The whole kid crying for his mom scene was to show the audience......these just regular folks.

Do we really need to know why/how she got in charge? I'd be cool if they left it a mystery and let ppl wonder :manny: