'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
He just killed what looked like a teenager that screamed for his mom

And he didn't shoot him, he stabbed him in the chest.. Joel ain't soft in the show lol

Still watching this though..
Man he's having heart to heart conversations with Ellie and giggling and shyt. Hell yeah he's too soft.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Finally caught up after not watching since the premiere. Episode 3 was fantastic brehs cmon now. Just pure relationship shyt, they werent even flamboyant with it. I loved seeing the 20 year gap in time touched upon and Bill's portrayal was excellent. His letter to Joel perfectly encapsulates what Last of Us embodies as a story. I really hope they continue fleshing out characters in this way. I'm looking forward to the Left Behind episode now.

Wasn't sure I was gonna watch week to week but I'm in now. Nothing else really on anyway except Pokerface.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
The more I think about it the more I believe winter will be totally different from the game.

I don't think Joel is going to be impaled through his stomach. Having Ellie be by herself for that long of a period might not play well on TV. How would she get big ass Joel to a hideout, drag him by a horse? And then stitch him up and give him antibiotics and everything's ok? I just don't see it going that way.

They might get separated but I think it'll be for a much shorter period of time. Like she gets kidnapped by rapey dude.

Just speculation but I just know any changes will be received with extreme hate, even if the show made it better lol

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The more I think about it the more I believe winter will be totally different from the game.

I don't think Joel is going to be impaled through his stomach. Having Ellie be by herself for that long of a period might not play well on TV. How would she get big ass Joel to a hideout, drag him by a horse? And then stitch him up and give him antibiotics and everything's ok? I just don't see it going that way.

They might get separated but I think it'll be for a much shorter period of time. Like she gets kidnapped by rapey dude.

Just speculation but I just know any changes will be received with extreme hate, even if the show made it better lol
No doubt it will be very different
Joel getting impaled makes little sense unless you finish ep. 7 with that and then make a time skip for the beginning of ep. 8. And even still, like you said, it would be very weird to "yada yada" how Ellie was able to keep him alive for weeks and drag his ass to a safe place.

The trailers have shown they are together during winter when they are in that (indian?) house and Joel looks scared about what's out there. So as you said, they probably get separated for some fukkery reason and we split TV time between Joel going on a rampage to find Ellie and her having to deal with David (who might not be a pedo in this version either, he might "just" be a cannibal).

We've also seen Joel bumping into a bloodied/shocked Ellie so her fight with David will be different too (or at least there wont be a fire).

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No doubt it will be very different
Joel getting impaled makes little sense unless you finish ep. 7 with that and then make a time skip for the beginning of ep. 8. And even still, like you said, it would be very weird to "yada yada" how Ellie was able to keep him alive for weeks and drag his ass to a safe place.

The trailers have shown they are together during winter when they are in that (indian?) house and Joel looks scared about what's out there. So as you said, they probably get separated for some fukkery reason and we split TV time between Joel going on a rampage to find Ellie and her having to deal with David (who might not be a pedo in this version either, he might "just" be a cannibal).

We've also seen Joel bumping into a bloodied/shocked Ellie so her fight with David will be different too (or at least there wont be a fire).
in the trailer there was an old couple they showed. Im pretty sure Joel still gets hurt at some point and they help keep him alive while Ellie goes out on her own. I think they skip the University all together.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So this show is filled with fakkitry?

WTF?

I don't know if I should start watching this.

not "filled" but there is alphabet shyt in it (and of course HBO gonna do what they do).

It's not something "made up" at least in the fact it was in the game, but in the game it wasn't anywhere near the level of what you saw in Episode 3.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
in the trailer there was an old couple they showed. Im pretty sure Joel still gets hurt at some point and they help keep him alive while Ellie goes out on her own. I think they skip the University all together.
Yup, I think they'll skip that.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I'm so behind, been busy with work so only up to episode 3. What was the point of the gay lovers story? I'm not really tripping about gay characters but it kind of seemed pointless. It didn't need to take up the entire episode. They only needed 10-15 minutes to introduce Bill so they can explain how Joel and Elle get the truck.

For brehs and brehettes who've played the game(s), how is the adaptation so far? I only played a little of part 2 until I got bored and sold it. I don't really care for the zombie genre but got to support my boy Pedro Pascal and have heard great things about the show.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm so behind, been busy with work so only up to episode 3. What was the point of the gay lovers story? I'm not really tripping about gay characters but it kind of seemed pointless. It didn't need to take up the entire episode. They only needed 10-15 minutes to introduce Bill so they can explain how Joel and Elle get the truck.

the letter he left joel thrown in at the end ties it all together…but the love story was definitely overdrawn imo…one could argue it drives the point of the letter better but I think the same affect could’ve been achieved without deviating from the main story/characters for practically an entire episode

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

For brehs and brehettes who've played the game(s), how is the adaptation so far? I only played a little of part 2 until I got bored and sold it. I don't really care for the zombie genre but got to support my boy Pedro Pascal and have heard great things about the show.
Nah. We literally skip 20 years of the outbreak in episode 1.

Bill and Frank give some idea of how life outside Fedra QZ could work. We see how smuggling works and we glimpse the raiders.
But how even this outlier falls into the same problems in the QZ.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Unless all of these remaining episodes are about to be at least an hour each I feel like there should be an episode between episodes 6 & 7

Nope, they filmed at a university

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Unless all of these remaining episodes are about to be at least an hour each I feel like there should be an episode between episodes 6 & 7

Nope, they filmed at a university

579f248a867d51ca5c8a147789ef147a.png

Those the running times that have been floating around.