'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Like.......I really don't get where people get the group is evil or "para military/trained" from. Joel said he used to do the same trick and playing injured to lure ppl, so if Joel isnt evil, you can't really call them evil for that, just surviving. We know that they are against Fedra(who have been said to be Nazis in the show) from the interrogation scene.

The whole kid crying for his mom scene was to show the audience......these just regular folks.

Do we really need to know why/how she got in charge? I'd be cool if they left it a mystery and let ppl wonder :manny:
Part 2 kind of established that the writers think Joel is evil.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Part 2 kind of established that the writers think Joel is evil.
1. Why you coming with Part 2 spoilers/details in a show thread having to do with Part 1, especially with no spoiler tag?
2. We are dealing with the show. Nothing in the show from either Joel or the KC faction has shown them to be evil.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
She only had like 2 scenes though.
It was a legit criticism in my view. I think there's a percentage of people that make it a way bigger deal than what it is but there's other percentage that act like the the show can't have misses either :manny:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
She only had like 2 scenes though.
It was a legit criticism in my view. I think there's a percentage of people that make it a way bigger deal than what it is but there's other percentage that act like the the show can't have misses either :manny:

True but I think people are jumping the gun by saying it's a bad casting decision or bad acting -- the critique only holds water if they don't justify her position in future episodes.... which, tbh could go either way. This is not part of the original game's story, and HBO writers has been known to fukk it up when they don't have solid source material (i.e. final seasons of Game of Thrones).

Do we really need to know why/how she got in charge? I'd be cool if they left it a mystery and let ppl wonder :manny:

People will be REALLY pissed if we don't get some more context behind Kathleen's story. I can't see them leaving it up to the audience's imagination.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
True but I think people are jumping the gun by saying it's a bad casting decision or bad acting -- the critique only holds water if they don't justify her position in future episodes.... which, tbh could go either way. This is not part of the original game's story, and HBO writers has been known to fukk it up when they don't have solid source material (i.e. final seasons of Game of Thrones).
I think the writer's will do aight, especially with Druckmann there, since it's his baby. Seems they got a nice balance of ppl who love/know the ip and ppl who dont know anything about it, which will help make a better product.

For example Craig/Neil left out telling the audience that the clickers couldnt see. One of the producers looked at the cut/scene and was like "I know yall know the world, but as someone who doesnt, it's kinda hard to tell that they cant see." So they reshot some scenes adding Joel gesturing to Ellie that they can't see, but can hear.
7d4GFZK.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna lie The Last of Us is a rip off of the walking dead on some level. Its more about humans and character drama vs survival sometimes
Its episodes like this that highlight that fact
Once they zero in on the humans in the setting you begin to expose the house of cards

I still like it but you can't tell me that Ellie and Joel's relationship and growth during the first game isn't pretty much a race swap version of the relationship between Lee and Clementine(and really many other child companion video games since)

The walking dead show went to trash when they couldn't focus in on a small amount of characters in a group. Whereas with the games you saw the formula vastly improve what the TV tried to do.
Naughty dog basically took the lessons learned there and made bank.

I'd like to see the show expound more on the happenings behind the plot. This episode could have focused on Sam and henry instead of just throwing them in as a cliffhanger. Don't care about the karen white lady mob leader at all
Stupid take.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Shout out to the truck scene coming straight from the game

Melanie Lynskey ain't selling me on shyt so far but we'll see

Next episode or 2

:francis:

That's it, ep was kind of :russell:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Oh right, cuz if I came in here bytchin about the bullets missing everybody that would make more sense ? You honestly didn't have to quote me. You literally had nothing to add but "just enjoy the show bro" ... Like this ain't a whole discussion thread 🧐
nikkas in here be legit crying if you say something they disagree with and it's lowkey more entertaining than the show :mjlol:

Ol boy was right, Kathleen got substitute teacher swag until further notice :russ:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Most likely, and damn they hid her body well in this. Face is ehh, but not sure I’ll be giving a shyt about that in the post-apocalyptic world. I’ve certainly had them days at work when the 5s be looking like 8s.:mjcry:
Post Apocalyptic and she the leader too........so maybe you can get some extra rations or the nice gun or something. Gotta be some perks :sadcam: