'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Not gonna lie The Last of Us is a rip off of the walking dead on some level. Its more about humans and character drama vs survival sometimes
Its episodes like this that highlight that fact
Once they zero in on the humans in the setting you begin to expose the house of cards

I still like it but you can't tell me that Ellie and Joel's relationship and growth during the first game isn't pretty much a race swap version of the relationship between Lee and Clementine(and really many other child companion video games since)

The walking dead show went to trash when they couldn't focus in on a small amount of characters in a group. Whereas with the games you saw the formula vastly improve what the TV tried to do.
Naughty dog basically took the lessons learned there and made bank.

I'd like to see the show expound more on the happenings behind the plot. This episode could have focused on Sam and henry instead of just throwing them in as a cliffhanger. Don't care about the karen white lady mob leader at all

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Kathleen was absolutely atrocious. Stuck out like a sore thumb and the fact they created a new character for this "actress" to play reminded me of the last season of Curb.

I would believe a report that said someone was blackmailing the show runners to put her in this

I don’t know or care about the games so I can’t say anything about how her character fits within the lore but Melanie Lynsky is a really dope actress, how you put her profession in quotations is crazy to me.

shyt Yellowjackets > this show pretty easily so far.

Anyway dope episode though too short.

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
hN3HKin.gif
:russ:
:russ: :russ:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
My least favorite episode yet, was kinda dry to be honest.

When the car crashed I really wanted Joel to black out on nikkaz like he did in the game , instead all I got was one head shot and another offscreen kill. I know drukkman said he would back out on the gore but come man …

Next we got Roseanne leading a group of men by her emotions. TERRIBLE character. She just didn’t fit here in my opinion. Somebody said it earlier but this felt very walking dead….

7/10

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This episode was pretty good too

Once again I'm more interested in what they will add compared to the game I already know

I like what they're doing, little stuff like Joel having hearing issues from his right side (so it makes sense he sleeps with the other side up), or putting glass around them as an alarm, all of this is dope.
Big stuff too like Henry and Sam being the primary targets of an entire clan and introducing a new villain :whoo: I like their leader so far, or I should say I'm moreso curious. I liked when she pulled the gun on the doc. The fact she's so focused on Henry and Sam also gives her a :mjpls: edge that is interesting

I also noticed that they're setting up a lot of stuff for part 2 already
  • humanizing NPCs/background characters right away, like Bryan begging for his life and other opps caring about him
  • Joel and his love for coffee
  • Ellie saying "okay" while not being convinced like for the ending of part 1

The laugh Joel and Ellie shared after the diarrhea joke was heartwarming asf :wow:

Henry and Sam on demon timing? :ohhh: In the game Henry gets beaten the fukk up by Joel :mjpls: Here they bypassed his alarm and got the upper hand :leon:

I'm looking forward to this arc...! :wow:
My lil bro and I have the same age gap... What happens hit me like a ton of bricks when I played the game the first time :mjcry:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Do all this, but just add more clickers please. You can't go 2 episodes in a row half-assing the clicker appearances. That shyt is irritating.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I just realized Sam
is probably the one who is going to Ellie her love for comics :whoo: the drawings and him having this superhero mask on. He looked way younger than her though in that little clip

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
For all my NON-GAMING (or gamers that haven't played TLOU) watchers, how we feeling about the episode?

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because it's most likely a set-up episode, but for the standard the show has set it felt kinda mid for me.

Also, I miss the cold-opens with the pre-pandemic stuff.