'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
they may go all out for that one, have him go full school shooter. Thats the exact point where they want to drive home the point that Joel is a borderline psychopath that will kill for ellie.

The way he escape will probably play out exactly like the game. He’ll slide out the back of the OR, and narrowly escape in the elevator.
yeah I can't see them not going all out on that part

taker597

Superstar
Daps
they may go all out for that one, have him go full school shooter. Thats the exact point where they want to drive home the point that Joel is a borderline psychopath that will kill for ellie.

The way he escape will probably play out exactly like the game. He’ll slide out the back of the OR, and narrowly escape in the elevator.
I just don't see how they pull it off, because Fireflies are kind of stupid with this cure bullshyt. It doesn't stop the infested from killing you. They have no real means to use it . society has completely collapse beyond repair. Cure just looks more like a political tool. In the grand sense of it. Ellie immunity isn't worth taking her life as her immunity is humanity last chance to surviving long term. Killing that to attempt to find a cure for a fungal infection (Which is damn near Impossible to develop with 2003 equipment)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just don't see how they pull it off, because Fireflies are kind of stupid with this cure bullshyt. It doesn't stop the infested from killing you. They have no real means to use it . society has completely collapse beyond repair. Cure just looks more like a political tool. In the grand sense of it. Ellie immunity isn't worth taking her life as her immunity is humanity last chance to surviving long term. Killing that to attempt to find a cure for a fungal infection (Which is damn near Impossible to develop with 2003 equipment)

its just simple hubris. They see themelves as the good guys, they justify killing that way. They have no problem with killing a 14 year old girl because it would mean they are humanities saviors, even if it is all bullshyt. The way abbys father talks about finding the cure like a giddy little kid completely ignoring the sacrifice of ellie kind of says it all. They’re not good people, no one is in this universe. Nothing is genuinely an act of altruism

taker597

Superstar
Daps
its just simple hubris. They see themelves as the good guys, they justify killing that way. They have no problem with killing a 14 year old girl because it would mean they are humanities saviors, even if it is all bullshyt. The way abbys father talks about finding the cure like a giddy little kid completely ignoring the sacrifice of ellie kind of says it all. They’re not good people, no one is in this universe. Nothing is genuinely an act of altruism
Exactly... But I do hope they rewrite it to make it more gray area and put Joel in a more legitimate questionable light. Just feels too easy to logically solve that the Fireflies ain't shyt, but radical terrorists.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Kathleen was absolutely atrocious. Stuck out like a sore thumb and the fact they created a new character for this "actress" to play reminded me of the last season of Curb.

I would believe a report that said someone was blackmailing the show runners to put her in this show.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m late. Just started this. :unimpressed:

How is this anything different than the walking dead? :what:

Dont spoil it but is there more to this series which justifies the hype?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Ellie I need you to get back behind the wall:demonic:

Also it's funny having two Tommy's in the show. Gabriel Luna is doing a good impression of the voice actors voice lol

This show is going to be much more character driven with the plot being focused on a specific target.

Walking Dead was a lot more aimless at times imo

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

Playing the game, you get a lot more emotionally attached to the characters you encounter. TWD had promise but it started to drag season after season.

Especially with so many characters, it lost direction. There’s no danger of that on TLOU as it really shows the growing bond between Joel and Ellie.

Edit: also, the story in TLOU is alot more linear, whereas TWD, it just seems to rinse and repeat the same formula season after season.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
This is my problem with this game since the 2nd one dropped.

I loved this episode. Best one yet. However, these mfs who wrote this shyt really live in opposite world.

In a post apocalyptic world, ain't no grown ass men taking orders from this Amy Schumer/Rosie O'Donnell looking bih.

Things I'm expecting moving forward: all the strong "dominant" roles will be female characters, all the weaker ones will be male. I wouldn't even be surprised if they started making infected/clickers/bloaters gay and lesbian. These storytelling mfs in 2023 are all about gay shyt and flipping things upside down from the real world. We let them get away with Marlene, but now a woman is running the raiders/hunters operations? Man get all the way the fukk outta here.