'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
in all seriousness.. the character was meant to be gay so obviously HBO was gonna lean into that.. people just gotta accept that most shows are gonna have a gay quota :manny:

Episode was good to me but not at the level of ep. 1 and ep. 2. it's the best show on TV though... so damn good :wow:

Calibrated

Superstar
Daps
next ep should be goat
cant-wait-football.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My issue with how they did this wasn't even the relationship between Bill and Frank. The problem for me was more about them crippling Bill's character and having him quit. It also makes less sense given the circumstances.

Bill is a survivalist to the core. He was ready for the world ending. That's represented well in this episode, it also was how he was depicted in the game. Now, I get the dynamic of showing Bill falling in love and his perspective changing... But idk, when you go the suicide route, like they did, it opens up other possibilities that weren't explored.

It makes sense for Joel and Ellie to just keep it pushing in the game because Bill is still alive and on high alert, and still about surviving. Now when you have Joel make it to Bill's house and he's dead. Would he be so fast to keep going West? He was literally ready to turn around in the last episode. Seemed like there should have been more internal conflict displayed here instead of it feeling like just another checkpoint.

Bill's situation was about as safe and secure as one could hope for. Hard seeing someone like Joel just looting that place and leaving so quickly.

:patrice:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Bill is a lot more spry/younger than this version of Bill so I had no issue with him wanting to end it. He looked old as hell at the end even if he's only supposed to be in his 60s. He couldn't keep up with the maintenance of survival and he was losing his reason to keep doing it.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
My issue with how they did this wasn't even the relationship between Bill and Frank. The problem for me was more about them crippling Bill's character and having him quit. It also makes less sense given the circumstances.

Bill is a survivalist to the core. He was ready for the world ending. That's represented well in this episode, it also was how he was depicted in the game. Now, I get the dynamic of showing Bill falling in love and his perspective changing... But idk, when you go the suicide route, like they did, it opens up other possibilities that weren't explored.

It makes sense for Joel and Ellie to just keep it pushing in the game because Bill is still alive and on high alert, and still about surviving. Now when you have Joel make it to Bill's house and he's dead. Would he be so fast to keep going West? He was literally ready to turn around in the last episode. Seemed like there should have been more internal conflict displayed here instead of it feeling like just another checkpoint.
Bill in the game was so generic and too Walking Dead. Which is probably why they took this aspect of his character and rewoven to make him something different.

Survivalist Bill will probably be in later half of the show. He just be a different character name and all. Probably a better character too. So... I just let it play out. The show runner saw something in the lore and he likes it. Took creative liberties. Made a good episode with it.

I guess this episode hits home hard for me, because I really moved to a really shytty small cac town for my career with some of the worst dating experience in my life to the point that I didn't want to do shyt anymore. Getting a bullshyt DUI that I later beat in court. Watching people die in a COVID hospital nonstop for months. I was in that perpetual cycle of questioning my life. Then, I accidentally found my wife, focus hard on other career opportunities, and we moved to Houston. Life been at it's peak for the past 2 years. The episode kind of made me relive that struggle of loneliness and feeling of that happiness of finding her.

Sometimes an episode is more than just characters and plot. It's about how things make you feel.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Bill's situation was about as safe and secure as one could hope for. Hard seeing someone like Joel just looting that place and leaving so quickly.

:patrice:
I mean, Joel still wants to check on his brother. Plus Bill's letter and relationship just confirmed Tess' mission of getting Ellie to the FIreflies for Joel. You are right that he wanted to turn back last episode......but Tess died giving him that mission. Bill and Joel are the same person. Where Bill decided to die with his lover, Joel decided to keep on pushing and surviving, in part to complete his own lover's last wish.
uvCWVts.gif