'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
79988n.jpg

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I truly wonder how Mazin will tell Part 2's story for the 2nd and 3rd season. The game relies heavily on flashbacks and a very specific way of handling points of view...

Some of y'all are more paranoid than Bill with this shyt :mjlol: they told a great story about a couple that found love in a really fukked up apocalyptic world. "Love" is the whole point of the video game, not shooting and surviving zombies so I'm fine with the change.

If they followed the game's script we would be 3 episode in with each one having a miserable story to tell, full of broken people that are very unlikable.

For people that know the whole story they can have all the patience in the world because they know what's coming but for TV-only watches it's a hard task to ask them to keep watching if every week is gonna be a new fukked up story. Like I said in another post, there's no need to make the TV show a misery fest (we already have enough with what Joel has been through) so having a "happy moment" and give Bill and Frank closure made more sense than going with the video game script, imo :yeshrug:
Nah that's a shytty cop out

Ppl were going to watch regardless
Idc either way
I liked the episode

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Not my vibe on the gay shyt, but the episode objectively was pretty immaculate and well written with some really good writing and moments with Joel, Ellie, Bill, Frank, and Tess. It really encapsulate that loneliness, existential crisis, Finding that person that gives a bigger purpose in life, and Acceptance in death with your person.

The beginning was kind of rushed too, but Frank and Bill nailed their roles and key moments to make it worthwhile.

:dame:

But HBO be all be this dikk shyt. After Westworld, I was so ready to turn that shyt off.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I mean, HBO and most TV channels have an esoteric quota they have to hit, but ngl...this was a great episode. Was digging the switch to finding love/purpose in a difficult time and under difficult circumstances. Kinda subtle nod showing why some people fight, despite living in a terrible world.

It was funny as hell watching the comments pivot in here though. My girl was dying when she saw my face change when they added the twist in.