'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Wild seeing how triggered some of y’all get by gay shyt. Never played the game, so as a complete newcomer it fit with the story to me. An incel found companionship. :ehh:

Still don’t get the hype of the show overall. It’s solid, but don’t see why it’s being crowned. :ld:
I think it's primarily being carried by the massive hype of the fandom from the games, and the snowball effect of word of mouth. Honestly whenever I look at some of these reviews and talk shows on YouTube about the it, some of the people are laying it on the little thick as to how good it is. Like it's Better Call Saul or Mr robot or something. But it is a very specific genre and based off of a videogame (which narratively is very different from television parameters)

It's enjoyable but it ain't cream of the crop

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
So they didn’t follow the games script for tv to appease alphabet gang?
They gave more background of the relationship between Bill and Frank. Whether or not it was to appease the alphabet gang is :yeshrug:

Outside of the “intimate” scenes, it was nice to have Bill’s character arc more detailed.

But it’s HBO, so I’m not surprised they were heavy on that.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
like real talk, they went WAYYYYY overboard with this episode
Bill character to the story had absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality

Well, let’s see if they gonna do the same to Henry and Sam :francis:
Right. Game Bill was a grumpy sarcastic b*stard and efficient gritty survivalist, with an implied sexual orientation. Him and Ellie stayed beefing, and all three were combating the infected to reach a goal.

I was little disappointed that Joel and Ellie don't even meet him in the TV series.

Again, you really have to look at the HBO show as something pretty much completely different from the games. The same general outline but taken in completely new directions.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I truly wonder how Mazin will tell Part 2's story for the 2nd and 3rd season. The game relies heavily on flashbacks and a very specific way of handling points of view...

So they didn’t follow the games script for tv to appease alphabet gang?
Some of y'all are more paranoid than Bill with this shyt :mjlol: they told a great story about a couple that found love in a really fukked up apocalyptic world. "Love" is the whole point of the video game, not shooting and surviving zombies so I'm fine with the change.

If they followed the game's script we would be 3 episode in with each one having a miserable story to tell, full of broken people that are very unlikable.

For people that know the whole story they can have all the patience in the world because they know what's coming but for TV-only watches it's a hard task to ask them to keep watching if every week is gonna be a new fukked up story. Like I said in another post, there's no need to make the TV show a misery fest (we already have enough with what Joel has been through) so having a "happy moment" and give Bill and Frank closure made more sense than going with the video game script, imo :yeshrug:

Last edited: