The judge in the Young Thug case recites his lyrics which are putting him under the jail LOL

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I haven't followed this drama much. Not aware of all the charges.

I know the argument was that its a first amendment issue to use a rappers lyrics against him. Are the crimes he is accused of the same as the ones he rapped about verbatim?

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Uhhh, I'm not. My point is, lyrics are not some admission of guilt. IF they are, then every rapper needs to be arrested immediately if they rap about the streets, bc they're lyrics are evidence.

If you've ever rapped about unloading the clip on a opp, you should be arrested immediately bc no more evidence should be needed
This ain't the hill you want to die on. Young Thug is on trial, not every rapper.

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
Going to have all these rappers say before every song come on or video say this

main-qimg-a4e14523440b3ba4e3a91e652a44721c-lq

images

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uhhh, I'm not. My point is, lyrics are not some admission of guilt. IF they are, then every rapper needs to be arrested immediately if they rap about the streets, bc they're lyrics are evidence.

If you've ever rapped about unloading the clip on a opp, you should be arrested immediately bc no more evidence should be needed
Ur missing the point… the vagueness and discreetness is what’s missing. Most rappers nowadays are blatantly obvious, it’s pretty comical.
If you rap about unloading on an opp and your opp was recently killed, how you gonna act like that's not incriminating?
This…

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
If you rap about unloading on an opp and your opp was recently killed, how you gonna act like that's not incriminating?
It's not really incriminating. You could be someone Kool enough to claim to have something to do with that body for the clout or to convey association with the actual culprits while in reality all you know is you heard about before it made the news. It happens more often than you might think.

Like if my dawg did blank, and he at the studio with me, I could put down sumn bout his blank mission on a verse and he'd look at it like paying homage. That's pretty much what it is anyway.

Lyrics are a no-go in court for me. There's too many variables related to interpretation

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA

Incorrect. He is talking about shyt that actually happened and gave specific details only people there would know.

You better not ever commit a crime homie.
😶

Oh yeah, the people who actually killed people and commited crimes admitted to it and pointed the finger at Jeffrey Williams.

You can't make this shyt up.

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
It's not really incriminating. You could be someone Kool enough to claim to have something to do with that body for the clout or to convey association with the actual culprits while in reality all you know is you heard about before it made the news. It happens more often than you might think.

Like if my dawg did blank, and he at the studio with me, I could put down sumn bout his blank mission on a verse and he'd look at it like paying homage. That's pretty much what it is anyway.

Lyrics are a no-go in court for me. There's too many variables related to interpretation
You're wrong.

Robo Squirrel

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I haven't followed this drama much. Not aware of all the charges.

I know the argument was that its a first amendment issue to use a rappers lyrics against him. Are the crimes he is accused of the same as the ones he rapped about verbatim?
Correct.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Go to jail for clout, brehs...

You are known to police.
One of your known enemies gets shot.
You rap about shooting them.

You're absolutely getting hauled in for questioning, at the very least.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Go to jail for clout, brehs...

You are known to police.
One of your known enemies gets shot.
You rap about shooting them.

You're absolutely getting hauled in for questioning, at the very least.
That's Kool. Can't tell em shyt if all i know is what happened, and none of the details. Alibi and all that. YSL had sloppy joes moving with em, that's why they dealing with this now. Could've still been out here causing chaos and making music if they were slicker

I could maybe see a potential to be called on for terroristic threats :ehh: