The James Brown Biopic "Get On Up" Is The Best Black Biopic Since "Ray"

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
that movie went....watched the HD screener wit moms yesterday :obama:....She was like, "why they aint say nothing about his works with Michael Jackson?" IDK, but the acting was SUPERB! :whew: That was a talented brother we lost in '06 :to:.....My mans was doing the splits.....Running thru them forests in Augusta had me on some :salute: sh1t cuz I was doin the same thing during my summers in Mississippi :usure:.....That Black Experience is just :wow:.

Salute to all the actors. Jill Scott had me missing my semi-bbw light-skinned pretty-faced, tigolbittied ex. :lawd: They're easy to come across tho, so :yeshrug:

8/10 movie cuz the jumping around sh1t wit the time periods was :camby:

Dpc292

Banned
Daps
Oh shyt guys, the guy that played baby Roy played Joel Rawlings the green ranger from power rangers Lightspeed rescue.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
the movie is good

but why can't we get any big budget black bio pics about black people that aren't singers, sports stars, drug dealers, or slaves/servants?

2014 and still no big budget MLK movie :smh:

all i got is a 20 year old malcolm X movie

I know this thread is old but "selma" is coming out in December. Its not MLK biopic but his character is the starring role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selma_(film)

dscn1074.jpg

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Chadwick Boseman better get an Oscar for this shyt because he literally BECAME James Brown in that movie. He had the look, the walk, and the fukking dance :wow:

For you dumb nikkas thinking this is going to be like 42 :camby:....this is about James motherfukking Brown and that dude deserves an Oscar for this. Real talk...:banderas:
word, dude, had the walk and talk, and dance... if you closed your eyes, you swore it was JB himself... didnt know he was fukking dude sister though.
jill scott and them titty meats too

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Movie was dope. Chad did his damn thing in this movie, can't believe he wasn't even nominated.:dwillhuh::aicmon: No way a white actor embodies a white Icon this well and doesn't even sniff a nomination much less actually win.