The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
cheese.gif
Draft day, A. Wiggins
fukk that other side, bytch we stay winnin'

:blessed:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
everyone knows their role, they dont over extend and if they're caught between picking two players on a kick out they always play the percentages for the worst shooter. sometimes open looks are inevitable in a drive and kick offense....even as predictable as the warriors make it look. helps they always have draymond on the back end communicating and hold each other accountable.
Al does the same thing for Boston but at this age, he just doesn't have the legs and Boston lack of depth is killing them as GS can go to the bench and not be lacking which Boston just starts to run out of steam especially if their offense isn't working.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Silver like "I gave these dudes 2 days off for this shyt :scust: "

Make game 6 on Wed to put these green celtics out they misery

Daps
I agree with a lot of your points.. but you can't say that a team one win away from the title isn't championship caliber. I mean if that's the case there are no championship caliber teams in the NBA. But yea they could have adequate their path easier..but if they pull this off... and keep all the youngsters... watch out
In terms, of talent and ability, I don't think they are.

I say this as someone who believes if you have a healthy Steph, you're automatically in the conversation for the championship, by default. But if you go through this squad it's not what I'd call "championship caliber":

Klay is two years removed from the game and has been struggling all postseason
Dray's body has been breaking down and he isn't the player he once was
Looney is a fringe NBA talent and he's the ONLY big man in the rotation
Wiggins was a forgotten man and everyone had written him off as a bust prior to the GS trade
Poole is in his first ever playoff run and it's showing
GP2 has been stuck in the G-League for his entire career
Bjeli was practically out of the league
Iggy is 38 years old.

The Celtics have a better roster. There's a few teams in the league that have better rosters. Again, this is all a testament to Steph, the original core and Kerr for creating this culture/system that allows them to go beyond the talent they have and win. I didn't think they'd win a title this season, and I happily admit that I was wrong about that, but that speaks more to just how historically great the genesis of this team is.

I don't think I've seen such a flawed/limited roster win like this before in the modern era.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I say this as someone who believes if you have a healthy Steph, you're automatically in the conversation for the championship, by default. But if you go through this squad it's not what I'd call "championship caliber":

Wiggins was a forgotten man and everyone had written him off as a bust prior to the GS trade
Iggy is 38 years old.

The Celtics have a better roster. There's a few teams in the league that have better rosters. Again, this is all a testament to Steph, the original core and Kerr for creating this culture/system that allows them to go beyond the talent they have and win. I didn't think they'd win a title this season, and I happily admit that I was wrong about that, but that speaks more to just how historically great the genesis of this team is.

I don't think I've seen such a flawed/limited roster win like this before in the modern era.

Every team in the final four was flawed and someone has to win....None of these teams are the 01 Lakers,17 Warriors etc...speaks to al the weird swings ur seeing within the games themselves....Warriors up 16 blow it in the 3rd then come back and win by 10....thats 2 flawed teams that are the best of a flawed bunch...

These are good teams but not great teams,there was no great teams this year....

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Iggy is 38 years old.

As you say breh, that is a testament to just how good the core is and in particular Steph. None of this shyt is possible without him. No other player/superstar gets the same results with this group.