The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Celtics need a PG. I had Celtics in 6 because i thought their defensive style was perfectly built to guard this kinda warriors team. But now? I’m not sure what’s gonna happen. This series might be a wrap, because Boston is reverting back to the pre-February Celtics habits. Brown and Tatum are GOOD. But they’re not GREAT/transcendent enough to play a Your turn-my turn offense. Ime came from the Pop system. Ball movement over everything.
A lot of people bigged up the Celtics defense leading into the game but they need an offense to match as well and other than what seems to be miracle stretches of hitting miraculous shots with high difficulty, they haven't been able to match GS in that respsct

Robbo

All Star
Daps
It ain't over yet, but just imagine how much earlier they would've ended this series had they had an athletic big man (who could get his own), instead of carrying Wiseman's bum ass. All their young guys (Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody and Poole) have either not played or been ineffective. They've gotten incredibly lucky to be one win away given how many flaws they have in their roster. I mean, let's face it, this isn't a championship-caliber roster. How many teams could win a title with Looney as their one and only big man, fringe NBA talent throughout, and multiple young cats who're not getting any burn in the Finals?

A testament to what Steph, Klay, Dray and Kerr have built over the years.

I agree with a lot of your points.. but you can't say that a team one win away from the title isn't championship caliber. I mean if that's the case there are no championship caliber teams in the NBA. But yea they could have made their path easier..but if they pull this off... and keep all the youngsters... watch out

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
look at this insecure fakkit :umad:
Insecure? fakkit?
You got me confused with your loved ones.
Stop tryna participation trophy ya way into this.
Dynasties put 3 peats GSW hasn’t . Stop tryna lower them standards cuz ya team can’t do it like the Lakeshow :umad:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Insecure? fakkit?
You got me confused with your loved ones.
Stop tryna participation trophy ya way into this.
Dynasties put 3 peats GSW hasn’t . Stop tryna lower them standards cuz ya team can’t do it like the Lakeshow :umad:
my guy hella insecure :laff:

no1 cares about Lakeshow. Y'all nikkas are a dumpster fire

Livin in the past ass nikkas :umad:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yo real talk when Steph is being doubled on Pick and rolls why does he not Iso more? I used to always wonder that in all of our battles vs the Cavs. It feels like once defenses start selling out to guard Steph he should be asking for clear outs and going one on one imo. Steph needs to be on the ball if the defense is going to zone in on him that much.

Lowkey a lot of shyt went wrong for us in this game. Game 6 will be tough. It amazes me these cats didn't push the ball at every opportunity after what we saw in Game 4, smh.
Because he's a team player who wants to keep the team engaged, and if he wants to hunt for a shot he does it within the flow of the offense, lets a few guys set a pick or 2.

It keeps everyone engaged and not standing around, which is what teams like the Mavs struggled with

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Golden State had the #1 defense in the NBA. They may not have the names outside of Green but a lot of guys contribute
everyone knows their role, they dont over extend and if they're caught between picking two players on a kick out they always play the percentages for the worst shooter. sometimes open looks are inevitable in a drive and kick offense....even as predictable as the warriors make it look. helps they always have draymond on the back end communicating and hold each other accountable.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
It ain't over yet, but just imagine how much earlier they would've ended this series had they had an athletic big man (who could get his own), instead of carrying Wiseman's bum ass. All their young guys (Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody and Poole) have either not played or been ineffective. They've gotten incredibly lucky to be one win away given how many flaws they have in their roster. I mean, let's face it, this isn't a championship-caliber roster. How many teams could win a title with Looney as their one and only big man, fringe NBA talent throughout, and multiple young cats who're not getting any burn in the Finals?

A testament to what Steph, Klay, Dray and Kerr have built over the years.

Negged for Wiseman slander.

:mjcry:

LuckyLibra619

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Steph will have his legs back next game and wont miss those looks from 3
He had multiple shots hit the front of the rim so yeah fatigue was def a factor. With that being said I don't want to see Steph going long stretches of the game without touching the ball. Also Dubs made it hard on themselves all game for not pushing the tempo.