The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
JP is due to cook too. They’re giving him the same treatment.
Poole did cook a little last night, think he scored 11 or 12 in about 8 minutes in the first half but he got himself in foul trouble and had to exit. Type of plays that get overlooked because of when they happen, but those were crucial points that kept the score close at half, when it seemed like Boston had really outplayed the Dubs but you look up and it's only a 5 point deficit at half.

Think Klay is due. He got it going a little in game 3 and hit some crucial shots second half last night. Last two games he had some real good looks and just missed by an inch or two. Feels like he's on the verge of a night where those start falling and he goes off for 35 or 40

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
FMVP doesn't work like that.

Outside of one time which was the first ever award it has gone to the player on the team which won the series.

Jerry West has made sure no player on the losing team will win the FMVP again by publicly denouncing his FMVP which he won on a losing team.

I hear you, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. This is a perfect storm. There’s so much distance between his performance and anyone else on either team. Add the fact that he doesn’t have one on his resume. It could happen

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Picked the C's in 7 and still feel good about it, but last night was tough to see. Turnovers and poor decision making in crunch time. Pretty much the same story as every loss this postseason. I'm confident JT will start to shoot better and the C's half court defense is still locking shyt down. Steph has willed his team to being competitive this series. Literally nobody else in a Warriors uniform concerns me on a consistent basis.

Seems like they only play focused after a loss. So frustrating after a win. They be up 10 and start giving the ball away like they want the other team to catch up. I’m sure Ime puts emphasis on holding onto the ball but they start making the most difficult careless passes.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Picked the C's in 7 and still feel good about it, but last night was tough to see. Turnovers and poor decision making in crunch time. Pretty much the same story as every loss this postseason. I'm confident JT will start to shoot better and the C's half court defense is still locking shyt down. Steph has willed his team to being competitive this series. Literally nobody else in a Warriors uniform concerns me on a consistent basis.
JT shooting horrific what makes you think that will change?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
FMVP doesn't work like that.

Outside of one time which was the first ever award it has gone to the player on the team which won the series.

Jerry West has made sure no player on the losing team will win the FMVP again by publicly denouncing his FMVP which he won on a losing team.
steph does deserve it though. it is what it is

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

It’s over for y’all bro.. Steph was on one from the first quarter, stared y’all fans and bench down and dared y’all say something and then proceeded to show y’all why he the goat in y’all house bro… He did that shyt in y’all house..

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s over for y’all bro.. Steph was on one from the first quarter, stared y’all fans and bench down and dared y’all say something and then proceeded to show y’all why he the goat in y’all house bro… He did that shyt in y’all house..
Great analysis there.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s facts tho.. plus I’m close games C’s literally nut up the joint with 5 mins left when the game is close.. basically y’all need to learn how to close out games..
Whether the C's win/lose at home or the road has been completely inconsequential all postseason. They haven't been getting a boost from their home crowd at all this Playoff run, and have been unaffected by opposing crowds on the road. All that matters is whether they play disciplined or not. When they're throwing the ball away repeatedly, they lose. When they take care of it, they win. That's been the only constant all postseason.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The Celtics defense has caused all sorts of problems for the Warriors.
This series isn't over and I think both teams have a real shot of victory.

That said, what has clearly emerged on this board over the past few days is that seemingly no one is actually rooting for the Celtics here.
With the losses, all people on this board do is praise or bash Jayson Tatum.

There are at least 3 threads now:

1. Jayson Tatum gave me depression again
2. I've seen enough thru 4 games...
3. Jayson Tatum is NOT a "Superstar"

where if you read through the comments, you'll see a lot of references about Tatum not being Kobe.

And that's the subtext of these 2022 NBA Finals.
An entire group of people on this board who view a Celtics championship, a Jayson Tatum championship....as a Kobe Bryant championship. And through 4 games they're trashing one of the best young players in the game because he seemingly isn't on the path, or isn't showing the flash that they want to equate with Tatum's idol.

Boston could very well still win this series. Their defense is suffocating and Ime Udoka has shown the ability to adjust multiple times already in these playoffs. The same is true for the job Steve Kerr and his coaching staff has done.

But like ...well I suppose most Finals...the fans are stuck on petty and stupid narratives rather than enjoying the best players in the world.

Are you purposely choosing to ignore the threads bashing Steph?