The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Lol getting emotional prepared for another gs loss tonight :russ: you better hope they win tonight
I don’t even know why I post in neutral game threads during this time of year.:mjlol:

I’m too old for the extra drama. I just wanna watch my squad play basketball :manny:

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
i don't usually discuss beyond the game at hand. GSW can win in Boston so let's forget all that. i need to see Boston play tonight w/ urgency... they never really put they foot on anyone's necc.

I got this feeling Tatum gonna play like we took the L last game. He shot 3-17 and we got the W but I know the kid gonna come for blood. With all the 3s they gave up the paint is gonna be less clogged because they gonna stay closer to the perimeter for game 2. Time for Brown and Tatum to eat.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I got this feeling Tatum gonna play like we took the L last game. He shot 3-17 and we got the W but I know the kid gonna come for blood. With all the 3s they gave up the paint is gonna be less clogged because they gonna stay closer to the perimeter for game 2. Time for Brown and Tatum to eat.

That's my hope. Steve wants to shut down the perimeter game 2 so Tatum/Brown should be able to get to the hoop

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
That's my hope. Steve wants to shut down the perimeter game 2 so Tatum/Brown should be able to get to the hoop

This type of defense is what killed them. Nobody told Kerr the Celtics can hit 3s. Every time Tatum or Brown took it to the rack there were at least 3 open shooters waiting patiently.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
i don't usually discuss beyond the game at hand. GSW can win in Boston so let's forget all that. i need to see Boston play tonight w/ urgency... they never really put they foot on anyone's necc.

2-4 this playoffs following a double digit victory. It's either gonna be 3-4 or 2-5 after tonight

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I’m so tired of seeing that stupid “Team A only shot X percent from the field/only made X amount of threes and only won/lost by x amount of points” narrative.:scust:
You can literally cherry pick any team stat from a certain game to make either team look good if you twist it enough. Such a lazy take.:scust:
Normally I agree but we’ve seen constantly in the playoffs the last few years that if a team gets that hot from three at that volume it’s basically a guaranteed win. Even without the threes Boston does have the defense and offensive personnel to beat the Warriors, I just don’t see them winning the rest of the games with such a three point barrage at that high of a percentage.

If those threes start dropping at 40% instead of 50% that gives GS more transition opportunities and less possessions going against a set defense which is death against Boston.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Normally I agree but we’ve seen constantly in the playoffs the last few years that if a team gets that hot from three at that volume it’s basically a guaranteed win.

Boston hit 21 3's and GSW had 19. Boston didn't win game 1 because they had an advantage from three. They won because the defense held GSW to 16 in the 4th

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I’m not getting cocky, I said it’s a MUST win for the Warriors, This series going at least 6 unless the Warriors lose tonight, they better win or is not going past 5, they can split at TD garden but the Celtics can steal another game at Chase these Celtics are one of the best road teams in the history of the NBA and can go on the road and win. Their last 31 games they’ve beat teams in their court by a 12 point margin. 7.5 for the entire season + Playoffs.

And somehow the warriors are 2-7 at home Vs the Celtics in the Kerr era with -9.4 scoring margin.

Facts > Narrative

Big game tonight

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Boston hit 21 3's and GSW had 19. Boston didn't win game 1 because they had an advantage from three. They won because the defense held GSW to 16 in the 4th
GS shot 42% to 51% for Boston. Plus GS’s top three shooters are much better three point shooters than Bostons outside of Pritchard. That was an all-time shooting performance by a lot of low 30% shooters on Boston. That will not happen again.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps

This is not surprising to me. Boston is the number 10 media market in the country and number 6 in local RSN TV ratings for Celtics games.

San Fran / The Bay is the number 6 media market in the country but number one in local RSN TV ratings for Warriors games, by a Grand Canyon gap. They out-rate second place Cleveland by more than two times in the local ratings.

It's a different story tho when talking National TV ratings. For national games, San Francisco is the number 2 rated market, while Boston is not in the top 10. So people in the Bay will watch their local Warriors games and they'll watch national games. That's not the case in Boston.

Boston ain't a basketball market. I know. I live in the city. It's a Patriots / football market. Then a Red Sox market. There's a very highly rated show called The Baseball Hour, hosted by Tony Massarotti, which is on Monday through Friday from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. The show talks about the Red Sox on 98.5 The Sports hub which is not the flagship radio station of the Red Sox.

The Bruins and Celtics are watched locally. If u listen to sports talk radio out here, the C's are usually receiving the 3rd or 4th most media coverage. It'll flip with the Bruins with whoever is doing better that season. The local radio Celtics show is called the Sports Hub Celtics show, which is on 98.5 The Sports hub, the flagship radio station for the Celtics. That show is on Saturdays for 1 hour. The Red Sox get 5x more coverage on 98.5 than the Celtics get, and 98.5 don't even broadcast the Red Sox games!

On Friday, on Felger and Mazz, the number one sports radio show, they were speculating about game one's ratings. They were like, "oh, I bet the ratings were great. The game was great. The basketball was great." I heard that and said to myself that these guys are fukkin bozos. Yeah the game was entertaining but just look at what the Boston market does / does not watch. When the Finals come around we should have more people watching from Boston but it's not the case. They not the Tom Brady Patriots. They not a draw like that but more importantly, Boston don't fukk with basketball like that. They like the C's but they don't love em.

I'm obviously not talmbout individual fans cuz I've watched every Celtics game since the 99-00 season. I'm talking about the Boston media market as a whole.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Dubs lose tonight and the series is over

And BTW, Tatum about to have a monster game tonight to make up for previous game where he simply helped facilitate

The Warriors can leave the Boston shooters open at their own peril because if it ain't Derrick White it'll be Grant Williams

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Dubs lose tonight and the series is over

And BTW, Tatum about to have a monster game tonight to make up for previous game where he simply helped facilitate

The Warriors can leave the Boston shooters open at their own peril because if it ain't Derrick White it'll be Grant Williams
Who mans is this? Series don’t start until game 3.. plenty of teams went down 0-2 and came back to win the series.. Mavs did it against the lakers and Heat the same year 2011

Anyway Dubs ain’t losing this game lol