The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Klay looks slow, didn't think he would get exposed that bad but yeah :picard:

They need to have Wiggins stay on whoever is hot between Jaylen/Tatum. Unless Poole is hitting shots, dude offers nothing else.

It's going to take Klay at least a full year to get his legs back under him to fully be able to contribute on a championship run. I tried telling GS fans that, yet they insisted that he'd be ready and back to full strength by now when that just wasn't the case after missing two and a half seasons.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
It might be a tight race for Boston for FMVP if they end up winning it. Jaylen Brown has been great in the 4th all playoffs, and Tatum always has a few duds.

I'm curious, if they end up winning the series in 5-6, if they would still push for a Tatum FMVP

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
It's going to take Klay at least a full year to get his legs back under him to fully be able to contribute on a championship run. I tried telling GS fans that, yet they insisted that he'd be ready and back to full strength by now when that just wasn't the case after missing two and a half seasons.

Time to win is now for them tho, imo. A Boston squad with no finals experience prolly the best look they're going to get. Celtics just gonna get better next year, and no one outside of them wants to see a healthy Bucks squad.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Time to win is now for them tho, imo. A Boston squad with no finals experience prolly the best look they're going to get. Celtics just gonna get better next year, and no one outside of them wants to see a healthy Bucks squad.

The Bucks might not even be the Bucks next season depending on what happens with Portis and Connaughton.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
All the "they won't shoot like that again" talk don't really matter tbh...there's more than one way to win a game. What if they do have another crazy shooting game or Tatum and Brown both have a complete game or Curry has an off shooting game or its a low scoring defensive game in general which probably favors Boston?

It's a race to 4 wins at this point to win a championship and Celtics stole one on the road when their star player had 12 points. I wouldn't be trying to make myself feel better about the situation by thinking they won't shoot that well again and that'll solve everything.
I agree, but if your a player on the Warriors or a Warriors fan you can't just act like all hope is lost either. You adjust your strategy and get ready for the next game.

Losing game 1 doesn't mean the series is over

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree, but if your a player on the Warriors or a Warriors fan you can't just act like all hope is lost either. You adjust your strategy and get ready for the next game.

Losing game 1 doesn't mean the series is over

You're right it doesnt, but hopefully it puts a squash to the conversation that Boston was going to get an easy wash to the chip.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You're right it doesnt, but hopefully it puts a squash to the conversation that Boston was going to get an easy wash to the chip.
For sure, but that comes with the territory, people always go overboard when picking the favorites and what not in the finals and me I've personally doubted Boston all season and playoffs so this is nothing new to me. :russ:

Just from an analytical basketball perspective this team is massively outplaying expectations, so of course the talking heads and fans will do that.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Jaylen Brown had a great 4th QTR

They not winning this series unless they get more from Tatum tho