The Irish Try To Cross The Bay, Will They Make A Splash? | Official Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I feel like the Celtics felt more uncomfortable against the Heat defense than they do against the Warriors defenders.

I don’t think the Warriors are as equipped for a slugfest as the Celtics are.

You are 100% correct. You see how comfortable Jaylen and JT were compared to the MKE and Hear series?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Trade(s) for guys that could bridge Steph, Dray and Klay into being a contender because what they've got right now isn't it. All the stars are going to need to align for them to win.
They got Poole, Wiggins, Kaminga, Looney and Wiseman all 26 and under.

The days of quick fix trades and team hopping every year is almost done hopefully.

Figure that shyt out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think he did a good job of controlling the pace of the game, man. Tatum used to focus on his scoring and isolation ability to win but he seems like he’s really leaning into impacting the game in a variety of ways.

Playoffs is all about finding different ways to win in all situations. Tatum was on the court for the longest, handled primary playmaking duties, attacked the paint to get fouls and stress the defense, and attacked the defense where it was weakest.

He played like a general.

i give him some credit... been saying all year he's much much improved passing but part of tonight was about what GSW was willing to give. They wanted to protect the rim from Jaylen and Tatum so they collapsed a lot and left Smart/Horford/White

They'll probably try to protect the perimeter more game 2 so i need Tatum to exploit that and go get his own especially if Poole and Steph are out there at the same time... they need to hunt those matchups

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What kind of vets we talking? :laff:

Trade for Beal?

KAT?
Oh you didn't know? :whoo:

He really isn't.

And he most certainly isn't better for this Warriors squad than Simmons is. Ben would transform Golden State, whereas Wiggins is doing his damn best to drag the team down to his level of aloofness and ineffectiveness.
Again, Simmons turns this team into a contender. It seems to me you don't pay attention to the rest of the league.

Let's not forget your take about Eric Paschall being an integral part of this squad and set to be a star. You have a habit of overrating the "young guys" this team drafts.

:lolbron:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Vet role players.

There's an infinite amount of them in the league. And yes, a star player like Siakam, for instance. There's no point getting caught up in specifics of who, because the Warriors didn't actually go out there and test the waters to know whether or not a specific player was attainable. You're only supposed to be taking this in theory, as it's pointing out what's wrong with the roster.

Vet role players is me telling you they needed guys who know how to win on this type of stage. The Celtics have those guys and GS do not.

You’re basically saying they need 2015 Iggy.

A veteran who can start or be your 6th.

The Celtics have Horford who’s been in the postseason countless times and of course won championships in college.

Smart is an 8-year vet. Tatum and Brown are veterans now even though they’re young. Theis been there but he’s not playable.

White obviously had a couple great postseason games in San Antonio. But never got to the Finals.

But beside that, no one else on that roster got postseason burn..

Warriors got their core 3.

I guess Otto is the only veteran they added who has postseason experience with my Wizards

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i give him some credit... been saying all year he's much much improved passing but part of tonight was about what GSW was willing to give. They wanted to protect the rim from Jaylen and Tatum so they collapsed a lot and left Smart/Horford/White

They'll probably try to protect the perimeter more game 2 so i need Tatum to exploit that and go get his own especially if Poole and Steph are out there at the same time... they need to hunt those matchups

Exactly. As a star player, he recognized that his teammates were in a good rhythm and acted as a “decoy” to tilt the defense and get his role players in a good space.

Getting them hyped up, feeding them and trusting them to hit the big shots, and them following through to beat the Warriors in their own house is huge.

“We beat you, at home, without relying on Tatum”.

Next game, Tatum attacks more because they’re less willing to help off the others.

Daps
They got Poole, Wiggins, Kaminga, Looney and Wiseman all 26 and under.

The days of quick fix trades and team hopping every year is almost done hopefully.

Figure that shyt out.
Poole is in his first playoff run
Wiggins is in his first playoff run*
Looney is a fringe NBA talent
Kuminga is a rookie
Wiseman can't even play.

This isn't a championship roster. It's Steph and guys who're past their best and guys who aren't anywhere near their best.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Usually in a 7 game series you can blow one game you should have won and still win the series. Warriors should be a little on edge IMO.

Daps
You’re basically saying they need 2015 Iggy.

A veteran who can start or be your 6th.

The Celtics have Horford who’s been in the postseason countless times and of course won championships in college.

Smart is an 8-year vet. Tatum and Brown are veterans now even though they’re young. Theis been there but he’s not playable.

White obviously had a couple great postseason games in San Antonio. But never got to the Finals.

But beside that, no one else on that roster got postseason burn..

Warriors got their core 3.

I guess Otto is the only veteran they added who has postseason experience with my Wizards
Look at the Warriors roster.

Does that scream to you a talented, experienced championship team? The Warriors may have their core 3, but they've only played 11 minutes together (total) over the last three seasons; Klay only had a half a season after not playing for two entire seasons; Dray was out for a large portion of the season because his body is breaking down. The Celtics have more experience top to bottom, they have more talent top to bottom and they have a better balance top to bottom.

I said all throughout the season that the Warriors needed to make moves to make them a true contender, and although it's only one game, we're seeing how that is reflective with how everyone outside Steph struggled. Tatum had one of his worst games, and yet nearly everyone else for Boston stepped up - it was quite literally the opposite to the Warriors' situation.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
KL9hCGA.gif

:mjlol: