The iPhone is just a superior end user product to Android

DMR

Killa
Daps
You don't need or even want to close all the apps on the iOS.

All apps have 'freeze' mode so unlike Android they don't take the phone's resources while in the background. Killing and restarting app on iOS will take more battery while loading from zero than from the 'freeze' state.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

All apps have 'freeze' mode so unlike Android they don't take the phone's resources while in the background. Killing and restarting app on iOS will take more battery while loading from zero than from the 'freeze' state.

Dude I have paranoia when I have even two apps in the background on the Iphone. I am so used to apps eating up resources and causing crashes. Its really night and day going from a Android to Apple :wow:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
At this point of my life I value a sense of "order". Knowing that my phone is going to get updated, knowing if I have any issues with my phone I have an official store to go to so I can get it fixed, having the best quality apps. I used to do that tinkering shyt in Android back in 2013 and WebOS back before that, but that's pretty much behind me now. I just want my phone to work without issues. I'm sure Android phones are great now, but I'm in the Apple ecosystem and I'm happy.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
At this point of my life I value a sense of "order". Knowing that my phone is going to get updated, knowing if I have any issues with my phone I have an official store to go to so I can get it fixed, having the best quality apps. I used to do that tinkering shyt in Android back in 2013 and WebOS back before that, but that's pretty much behind me now. I just want my phone to work without issues. I'm sure Android phones are great now, but I'm in the Apple ecosystem and I'm happy.

you speak as if updates don't break things, introduce new bugs or remove features. I root my devices and block updates unless i come across a show stopping bug or a must have feature. i don't lose sleep over security update since I tend to update my browsers often and rarely run strange executables. apple has made it more difficult for 3rd party repairers to repair iphones/ipads over the years. you're paying a lot more just to go to an official store and get slower service in many cases depending on your location.

I still have a jailbroken ipad air 2 somewhere on 9.x :yeshrug:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
you speak as if updates don't break things, introduce new bugs or remove features. I root my devices and block updates unless i come across a show stopping bug or a must have feature. i don't lose sleep over security update since I tend to update my browsers often and rarely run strange executables. apple has made it more difficult for 3rd party repairers to repair iphones/ipads over the years. you're paying a lot more just to go to an official store and get slower service in many cases depending on your location.

I still have a jailbroken ipad air 2 somewhere on 9.x :yeshrug:

That's fine that you feel that way, but I don't care.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps

77mvJaX.jpg

:mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Smartphones with the Longest Battery Life

published 3/31/2022
Best phone battery life in 2022: The longest lasting smartphones

By Philip Michaels published 10 days ago

These are the smartphones with the best phone battery life based on our tests

Grab one of the devices that appears on our best phone battery life list, and you never have to worry about a charger. A phone needs to last 11.5 hours on our demanding battery test to land a place on this list, and that translates to all-day battery life — and beyond — for everyday phone use.

As you can see from the best phone battery life list below, you don't have to spend big bucks to benefit from a long-lasting phone. The longest-lasting device we've tested in the last 18 months can be yours for around $200, and there are other midrange models that put a premium on battery life, not price, for you to choose from.

Galaxy S22 lineup — even with a 5,000 mAh battery of its own, the Galaxy S22 Ultra didn't come anywhere close to landing on this list.)

Every phone we review goes through our custom battery test in which we make phones surf the web continuously over LTE or 5G until they run out of juice. We set the phone's screen at 150 nits of brightness to ensure comparable results.

The average phone lasts around 10 hours, but the phones we’ve highlighted here held out for more than 11 hours. That's the kind of endurance where you're less reliant on one of our best portable charger picks.

Our current battery champ is the Moto G Power (2021), which relies on a 5,000 mAH battery to last at least 14 hours; its successor — the Moto G Power (2022) — lands just two spaces behind it. In fact, Motorola phones tend to do very well on our test, as they make up five of the top 15 devices; the Moto G Stylus 5G falls just shy of making the cut.

Here are all the top performers we've tested in the last year-and-a-half.

Best phone battery life at a glance (hours:minutes)
  1. Moto G Power (2021): 14:04
  2. Nubia RedMagic 6: 13:20
  3. Moto G Power (2022): 13: 15
  4. Nubia RedMagic 6S Pro: 13:13
  5. Moto G Stylus (2022): 12:30
  6. Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G UW: 12:29
  7. Asus ROG Phone 5: 12:23
  8. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: 12:19
  9. iPhone 13 Pro Max: 12:16 (tie)
  10. Cat S62 Pro: 12:16 (tie)
  11. Motorola One 5G Ace: 12:03
  12. OnePlus 10 Pro: 11:52 (tie)
  13. Moto G Pure: 11:52 (tie)
  14. OnePlus Nord N10 5G: 11:48
  15. iPhone 13 Pro: 11:42

Phones with the best battery life in 2022

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
IOS had a issue with battery drain on 15.3 and other versions before 15.4 fix came out, also I've experienced several freezing issues with spotlight search not coming up when swiping down.

All due respect don't act like IOS is some bulletproof system, clearly it's not.

I don't care.