The iPhone 5C was a big mistake by Apple

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
@Liquid
I think you should apply for a top position at Apple, so you can share your sophisticated analysis of the market with the CEO. :russ:

Same goes for the rest of you android peasants. Richest companies in the world need your consultation. :banderas:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
@Liquid
I think you should apply for a top position at Apple, so you can share your sophisticated analysis of the market with the CEO. :russ:

Same goes for the rest of you android peasants. Richest companies in the world need your consultation. :banderas:

:deadrose:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@Liquid

I bet they will be asking for help like they did back in 97 from Microsoft. That company has never been able to hold it together without Jobs.

You'll see soon enough though, I bet by next year that AAPL stock will be under $400 per share

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Its a 5 but with a plastic cover.

What's strange about the whole thing is that essentially you are getting less than in the past. In the past you at least had a previous model with the same aluminum and glass finish for $99 on contract, but now you get the previous model wrapped in plastic instead. I am sure it increases their profit per unit sold, but its pretty pathetic that Apple did not drop that price to $399.99

Apple should know better, but I am sure it will sell well initially because of the color offerings. It cannot possibly be sustained for long though. Their stock has taken a 5% hit so far and down to 470 per share.

im sure they knew it was gonna take a hit. the market always jumps to a conclusion based on how shiny the newest innovation is or isn't. this was expected though. the alternate "S" years always have minimal upgrades. theyre banking short term on ios7 & mavericks to get them thru the fall. they've got to knock this apple tv out of the park though. its the only thing people are waiting for them to jump out there and do. that and/or something else we don't know about.

cellphone wise, only thing they can do is make it thinner, nfc and possibly haptic touch, but you gotta think that's even longer term.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Except in Asia...more specifically China where 750m people use cellphones and that's why Apple is trying to penetrate that market.
They can't be doing that well, they were basically begging Microsoft to buy them.

I still root for NOKIA though because they make quality phones, but they have been in a bad spot for 6+ years

Daps
They can't be doing that well, they were basically begging Microsoft to buy them.

I still root for NOKIA though because they make quality phones, but they have been in a bad spot for 6+ years

That's true.

How I see it:
Android is the new Apple, Apple is the new BlackBerry, BlackBerry is the new Palm

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I cant believe I agree with @Liquid for once. That fisher price iPhone 5c will be looked down upon the arrogant apple mass. Yes it is too expensive for 1+ old tech. It least you have the "baller" Gold iPhone! Apple is bringing the gold chain 80's era back Boiiiiiiiii!

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

MS did buy them last week

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
NOKIA is irrelevant in the big picture. They make solid devices that most don't care about.

Sorry, the facts would like to disagree with you

http://nokiarevolution.com/kantar-reports-wp-marketshare-soaring-higher-in-uk-france-and-mexico/
Kantar’s latest Worldpanel Comtech Data covering June 2012 to June 2013 shows continuous growth of the Windows Phone platform in different countries. The current trend is good and with the release of new Lumia handsets, our line graphs in terms of marketshare may even soar higher than ever.

Window Phone OS smartphones, majority of which are Lumia devices, are gaining sales and popularity in European countries such as UK and France, where the increase in marketshare showed 91.1% and 291.3% growth rate, having the actual marketshare doubled and tripled, respectively. Although slight decline was seen in the German, Italian, and Spanish markets, the drop is just around 1-2%, not much significant, and can easily be recovered especially with the new phone releases. When summed up, Windows Phone is faring well in the European smartphone market, with an average increase of 2.2%, from June 2012 to June 2013.
As for the North America market, growth with the WP marketshare was also visible in Mexico – from 1.9% last June 2012, it soared to an impressive 7.0% of June this year, which according to Kantar, can be attributed to the good sales of low-end smartphones, particularly the Lumia 505, an exclusive Lumia phone for Mexican telecom company Telcel, sporting WP7.8 OS, but with a 8MP camera. As for the US market, marketshare show a 37.9% growth – a bit slower, but with effective promotions of 625, 925, and 1020, plus partnerships with AT&T and other telecom companies, the sales are expected to rise before the year ends.
Not much increase in market performance was seen in Australia, with just a 0.1% change during the time period of the data collection.
Overall, the Kantar data presents promising results for the Windows Phone market. Even though majority of the market is still dominated by iOS and Android, the mere fact that growth can be in the graphs and table of WP shows those promotions of Microsoft and its major WP partner Nokia is paying off well. We are expecting to see more good news in the upcoming marketshare reports from Kantar.
Source: Kantar WorldPanel

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
That's true.

How I see it:
Android is the new Apple, Apple is the new BlackBerry, BlackBerry is the new Palm

Android isn't the new apple, as they don't make anything of real value.

Its more like Nokia is the new Apple, Apple is the new Microsoft, and Microsoft is the new Google. Blackberry is irrelevant at this point, and will honestly get bought out by M$ in a fire sale.