The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
No one cares about our needs because we are disenfranchised.

We are disenfranchise partly because we don't vote and don't have an outsized influence on the political process like the Joos or rich Asians.

We should be more politically involved than anyone since we bear the brunt of all negative policy decisions.

:manny:I agree

The problem is you have a lot of black media out there telling folks their biggest concern is black men v black women, going 50/50, dumb celebrity shyt and reinforcing the absolute worse about us as a people

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I understand it's election season, but as a Black man I'm fvcking sick and tired of Black men being blamed for everything under the sun.

I also don't like it because I'm voting for Kamala.

Obama needs to keep that same energy for all the MAGA racist voting for Trump, because if Donald wins it's white people who put him back in office, this doesn't have a dam thing to do with Black men being not enthusiastic about voting for Harris
I agree, this blaming of Black men is dumb too because I am willing to bet the majority of us lean more towards Kamala than Trump. :francis:

It was the same in 2016 as well. Most of the blame should go to White women, White men, and Latinos. That small percentage of Black c00ns voting for Trump this year should be the least of Democrats worries.

Daps
Obeezy wants the full 100%
obama-barak-obame.gif

If the Democrats lose PA, they will find a way to blame black men.
:beli:
doesn’t look like kamala is losing pennsylvania. she’s consistently up in the polls and those early voting numbers are :huhldup: for trump.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
agreed.

i’ve said for a while that kamala’s campaign is the best i’ve seen, topping even obama’s in 08.

she’s a much more savvy politician than obama, deserving a lot more credit than she’s given.

:francis:
Interesting. What makes you that? It seems as though she’s been running don’t fukk it up game. I guess she has been hitting the podcasts and SM circuit which is very smart.

Still, she’s in a dead heat with Trump after out raising him by 3 to 1. She had a huge bump after taking over for Biden and still isn’t running away with polling.

We will see what happens Election Day but it seems like it shouldn’t be this close. The road to 270 goes through PA. We will see how that comes out.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
white men and white women are gonna get their bread buttered with either party in power, it's just to different degrees. when it comes to black voters preventing republicans from getting more political power is about self-preservation because they're policies are demonstrably and immediately harmful to us. we should be engaged in political action at much higher rates than we currently are and future generations will wonder why we aren't truly capitalizing on our numbers as a voting bloc as we should. demographics are changing and our window to get our issues addressed in a meaningful way will be closing in a decade or two.

Black people go above and beyond in nearly every election to get democrat presidents elected. The only recent miss was Hillary, who clearly didn't excite anyone so we can't be solely blamed for that. And yet it doesn't stop us from being talked to like small children every 4 years. We can expand beyond white people to Hispanics....they don't get talked to like this. Hispanic men vote less than we do, yet I don't see noteworthy politicians saying "tell Tito and Carlos to get off the couch and vote."

Dems could be talking about how black unemployment reached a near all-time low within the last few years, or discuss the impressive way the administration kept fighting to get that money approved for black farmers after multiple (racist) court delays. They could be talking about what the SBA is doing to help black men get loans for businesses, or how student loan forgiveness has helped many black women, or how increasing access to affordable community college helps us. But no, instead we just get lectured. Even when they do things for black voters, they'd rather speak down to us than talk about their own accomplishments! This is a problem.

I also think it's clear that if Kamala loses, Obama's people will blame her for not picking his guy Shapiro as VP. And he will be the heir apparent for 2028. It's layers to all of this.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Black people go above and beyond in nearly every election to get democrat presidents elected. The only recent miss was Hillary, who clearly didn't excite anyone so we can't be solely blamed for that. And yet it doesn't stop us from being talked to like small children every 4 years. We can expand beyond white people to Hispanics....they don't get talked to like this. Hispanic men vote less than we do, yet I don't see noteworthy politicians saying "tell Tito and Carlos to get off the couch and vote."

Dems could be talking about how black unemployment reached a near all-time low within the last few years, or discuss the impressive way the administration kept fighting to get that money approved for black farmers after multiple (racist) court delays. They could be talking about what the SBA is doing to help black men get loans for businesses, or how student loan forgiveness has helped many black women, or how increasing access to affordable community college helps us. But no, instead we just get lectured. Even when they do things for black voters, they'd rather speak down to us than talk about their own accomplishments! This is a problem.

Black people do not go beyond our elders are the one's that mostly show up to the polls. I've worked as a pole worker multiple times in the last 3 years and the number one most consistent voter is Black women over 40. Some younger Black men show up but they are a vast minority. The problem is voter turnout.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I agree, this blaming of Black men is dumb too because I am willing to bet the majority of us lean more towards Kamala than Trump. :francis:

It was the same in 2016 as well. Most of the blame should go to White women, White men, and Latinos. That small percentage of Black c00ns voting for Trump this year should be the least of Democrats worries.

It ain't gonna work like that

you need a black person speaking to black people

a cac speaking to whites

hispanic speaking to whomever they're linked to Mexican/P.R./Central American etc.

A outsider is not gonna be able to reach you like someone within the fold. I can't go to the hood where the Mexicans be at and tell them to chill at, but the mfer Felipe working on a house or contracting probably can

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Black people do not go beyond our elders are the one's that mostly show up to the polls. I've worked as a pole worker multiple times in the last 3 years and the number one most consistent voter is Black women over 40. Some younger Black men show up but they are a vast minority. The problem is voter turnout.
What happens if the next gen of women don't show up

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I agree with this sentiment.

What I don't agree with the generalization of that support of Trump over the entire population of Black men. What I don't agree with is this idea that you can shame, insult, browbeat, and lie about Black men to get us to support your issues; instead of coming to us like you come to ever other ethnic group and demonstrate how your side will benefit Black men.

So, what I do not agree with is Liberal racism being accepted, just because they are Liberals. I will not accept some generalized mischaracterization of Black men, just because some Liberal (no matter the ethnicity or sex of the Liberal) said it.

republicans are literally spewing lies about black men, spreading AI generated images depicting black men negatively and even using them to fake positive black support of trump racist maga agenda. you'd almost have a point if one party wasn't trying to denigrate, undermine and actively harm us. this is about self-preservation and working to keep the worse outcome from happening so we can work towards building a just society with political parties that can approach black voters and their issues with dignity and respect.

voting the couch is voting for the status quo which would allow trump to win and trumps presidency has demonstrably harmed black folks and still continues to do so through the racist judges he's appointed to the federal courts and supreme court.

Qt5lbEa.jpg

tlDqKuy.png

the issues she wants to address are our issues too.

1/1
Black and Hispanic communities face 56-63% more exposure to pollutants than they cause.

Pollution of any kind in any community is unacceptable. But we must fight for #RacialJustice and equity if we are to achieve #ClimateJustice and a green world worth fighting for.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
FonSjRAXwAITwJB.jpg

1/1
The EPA will begin unannounced inspections of industrial plants along Louisiana’s “Cancer Alley.”

The area is home to large Black communities that have worried about pollution for years. A study found higher cancer rates were linked to air pollution in Black & low-income areas.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
FKCP-jDXIAID59O.jpg

1/1
One of the most dangerous chemical plants in America sits in one of West Virginia’s only majority-Black communities. For decades, residents of Institute have raised alarms about air pollution. They say concerns have “fallen on deaf ears.”

1/1
Environmental racism is the result of years of intentional pollution in Black communities.

Experts say that changing current environmental rules to include protections for people of color is the only way to reverse this harm. There’s a clear fix to helping Black communities fight pollution

Last edited:
Daps
Interesting. What makes you that? It seems as though she’s been running don’t fukk it up game. I guess she has been hitting the podcasts and SM circuit which is very smart.

Still, she’s in a dead heat with Trump after out raising him by 3 to 1. She had a huge bump after taking over for Biden and still isn’t running away with polling.

We will see what happens Election Day but it seems like it shouldn’t be this close. The road to 270 goes through PA. We will see how that comes out.
she’s not in a dead heat with trump.

we have to stop using this type of language, because it’s dishonest.

if the current polling numbers were reversed, articles would be declaring an emergency in kamala’s campaign, with pundits saying that a trump presidency is all but certain.

she is consistently ahead of trump in the national and swing state aggregates, sometimes outside of the moe.

as for her campaign, her outreach on social media is unmatched, constantly framing trump in a way that prevents the media from effectively laundering his stench. she comes across as genuine in her engagement with the public, rarely pandering with insincere platitudes, able to communicate empathy that resonates with the average voter.

kamala just strikes me as a good person, and it’s rare to see that in a politician running for the highest office. that’s why her favorability numbers, as the public sees more of her, are climbing.

:francis:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
republicans are literally spewing lies about black men, spreading AI generated images depicting black men negatively and even using them to fake positive black support of trump racist maga agenda. you'd almost have a point if one party wasn't trying to denigrate, undermine and actively harm us. this is about self-preservation and working to keep the worse outcome from happening so we can work towards building a just society with political parties that can approach black voters and their issues with dignity and respect.

voting the couch is voting for the status quo which would allow trump to win and trumps presidency has demonstrably harmed black folks and still continues to do so through the racist judges he's appointed to the federal courts and supreme court.

Qt5lbEa.jpg

tlDqKuy.png

the issues she wants to address are our issues too.

1/1
Black and Hispanic communities face 56-63% more exposure to pollutants than they cause.

Pollution of any kind in any community is unacceptable. But we must fight for #RacialJustice and equity if we are to achieve #ClimateJustice and a green world worth fighting for.

FonSjRAXwAITwJB.jpg

1/1
The EPA will begin unannounced inspections of industrial plants along Louisiana’s “Cancer Alley.”

The area is home to large Black communities that have worried about pollution for years. A study found higher cancer rates were linked to air pollution in Black & low-income areas.

FKCP-jDXIAID59O.jpg

1/1
One of the most dangerous chemical plants in America sits in one of West Virginia’s only majority-Black communities. For decades, residents of Institute have raised alarms about air pollution. They say concerns have “fallen on deaf ears.”

1/1
Environmental racism is the result of years of intentional pollution in Black communities.

Experts say that changing current environmental rules to include protections for people of color is the only way to reverse this harm. There’s a clear fix to helping Black communities fight pollution

So are you stating that just because the side I do not support spews lies about us, it is fine for the side I do support to do it?

Do you even think about what you are writing, or is it just a stream of emotion being put into words? You seem to think it is ok for your side to do, what the other side you are against is doing. Really, do you not see the absolute hypocrisy in that stance?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
If there was ever a microcosm of political
facts I was like cap at that post. Young black males consistently have one of the lowest turnouts across all groups.