The Hidden History Museum Presented By Tariq Nasheed

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Doing it independently without state funds (and regulations/intereference)? Illogical. How is he to afford that, then he has to watch him and the funds he accesses. Not worth it. Keeping it local means you and staff you already have can do it.

Exactly.
Now I can understand someone doing it that way for a 2nd museum in a different location, but most often you're going to wanna be more hands on with something like that for the 1st time. That way you can at least set a standard for yourself and see how things operate. It's easier for someone to fukk you and your property over when its on the other side of the country and you gotta take flights and road trips to see it.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Completely illogical

How? It makes more sense to buy a larger building in a black area, than a smaller building in a majority Latino area. You just give the museum director instructions and tell him what art and info you want displayed. You don’t have to agree with everything Tariq does just because you’re a fan.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
How? It makes more sense to buy a larger building in a black area, than a smaller building in a majority Latino area. You just give the museum director instructions and tell him what art and info you want displayed. You don’t have to agree with everything Tariq does just because you’re a fan.
Tariq wanted a property close to home. He actually has/had real estate in Atlanta but that was for tenants so he didn't care about being there, he hired a property management company for that.

For a commercial building that will be used for various events outside of FBA that revolve around him and his personal brand, it needed to be in LA. If the museum was really for FBA people, it would have been in a FBA city like ATL or the DMV. Even Baltimore would have been dope.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Doing it independently without state funds (and regulations/intereference)? Illogical. How is he to afford that, then he has to watch him and the funds he accesses. Not worth it. Keeping it local means you and staff you already have can do it.
I see your point.. But I guess I'd have to believe he has the ability to do it in Cali either. I don't. So out of the two options, going for cheaper land/staff because of COL, would get this shyt done a lot quicker than doing it alone with cali prices and laws

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Think about it, he wouldn't be able to utilize the Screening Room upstairs at his leisure from a remote location.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
A lot of running around in circles in here :mjlol:

What started as a museum to rival the one in DC is now a party spot that already has tenants in it.

People were donating with the hopes of being able to bring their children to a museum and learn black history. Now you might walk in on a Trap&B brunch when you were just trying to read up on Garret Morgan :picard:

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

What started as a museum to rival the one in DC is now a party spot that already has tenants in it.

People were donating with the hopes of being able to bring their children to a museum and learn black history. Now you might walk in on a Trap&B brunch when you were just trying to read up on Garret Morgan :picard:

U trippin breh. There's 5 sections in the museum. Take yo ass to the Black Explorers and Black Moors section... We Mink Sliding & gettin our FBA gig on-in the Black Music section.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps

Look man, I won't sit here and let you talk about the Hidden History Museum like this.

On my list of what FBA needs to make progress in this country, an event space located in Cali owned by Tariq is at the top of the list. I want a nice spot to kick it at in LA after looking at drawings of indigenous FBA people. I can't wait to get my sip on in the back of the establishment where I can meet Tariq and shake his hand for a job well done.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps

Yowzers! Glad I ain't donate my money to this nikkatry. Atleast Dr Umar still on track even if that haunted house never gets finished

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

Only at night*
I'm curious how the space is gonna be designed to accommodate for the "exhibits" vs general event space tho.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Only at night*
I'm curious how the space is gonna be designed to accommodate for the "exhibits" vs general event space tho.
He’s already talking about day parties. He will rent it out to the highest bidder, history be damned.

I’m curious as well as there are tenants in the space, further limiting the space. The whole thing was a hustle for LA real estate :yeshrug:

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Only at night*

Easy fam. Were going to partition the room with rope and caution cones.
We got a bunch of FBA, Moor Us, and Melanoid Nation Flags to cover up the Exhibits... It's a grassroots owned and controlled museum, We Got This!