The Hidden History Museum Presented By Tariq Nasheed

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
such is your legacy. say less.

Hey I didn't come in the thread hating. I don't hate on any Black Man doing his thing.

The only thing I will ask is have you ever been to any museum? I mean are you donating because you want to support him or really into art. Because I can say that I'm a fan of the studio museum in Harlem and have donated to that and nobody had to even ask me to.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well not even being critical if duke could get a million dollar grant why go to a bank? Go to the community again (even the best non government funded museums need donor support) and maybe use the equity on his houses to get the money up have some mexicans build it for cheap put some shyt in that he finds on his travels sell Hidden Colors merch host events in the spot rent out space and if it doesn't work sell it and flip the money. Either way he can say he built it so it's technically not a scam.

I asked the question w/o the intent of him scamming because he certainly isn't a scammer.

I think it is amazing he was able to meet his goal, but I really don't think that he can receive 100% financial support on a grassroots level. He has too many detractors for that to happen.

Now, as far as grants are concerned, I think he can get a good chunk of $$ that way and yes, people donate to museums all the time.

Just based on what he discussed about what he wanna do, it is gonna cost a lot of money! I am sure she get ideas he has in store will come into fruition, but if he really wanna fulfill everything he wants to do without this museum, then he may have to conduct several donation drives as well as hit up individuals with a substantial amount of money, not to mention, it may take a couple to a few years to complete..

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Extremely impressive meanwhile Black congressionals can't and don't depend on Black folks to donate to them.

If this is legit 'Riq can get 7 million easy by consulting to every non profit development department. Say what you will about the man he has the magic touch and a rabid fan base just like Trump.

To keep it real he shamelessly put out the tin cup for every single project before and got way more than he asked so why would he put in his own cash now? It might be legit.

:mjlol:THIS COCKSUCKER IS FURIOUS.

NOW HES COMPARING THE NATIVE
BLACK AMERICAN DONATORS
TO TRUMP SUPPORTERS.
:devil:
:evil:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I asked the question here to seek opinions from people here.

If I had doubts about him producing, then I would have never donated to this project nor would have bought any of his products which I have BEEN doing since his first book came out..

Now, if I would take your advice, what is the likelihood he would tell me? Do you think he would be transparent and give me the details of his plans or do you think he would take said query a different way and do what he does to other people who ask him questions?

Big Boda, I have no issue with you, but don’t be an ingrate…
Since Poliight is in the news I'll say this. I don't think any of these brothers came in the game with the intent to scam. the problem is first the women come around corrupting them:

And again say what you want 'Riq has never been caught up in the sex scandal and I'm sure women have tried. Looks like he listened to 'Budd

Then come the men. same with women most dudes find it hard to constantly turn down p*ssy being thrown at them. It's the same for Men you expect to give a nikka millions of dollars and expect him not to spend at least some of it on himself?

I mean if someone was just giving you money would you not spend a few racks on yourself again money with no accountability

People win the lottery all the time and 99% of them end up broke within 5 years.

the game remains the same

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:THIS COCKSUCKER IS FURIOUS.

NOW HES COMPARING THE NATIVE
BLACK AMERICAN DONATORS
TO TRUMP SUPPORTERS.
:devil:
:evil:
Well the easy go to would be to call you white because usually only white people call people Cocksuckers Maybe if should compare Native Black American donators to their parents who donated to Reverend Ike.

A true FBA would know who that is without googling

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I asked the question w/o the intent of him scamming because he certainly isn't a scammer.

I think it is amazing he was able to meet his goal, but I really don't think that he can receive 100% financial support on a grassroots level. He has too many detractors for that to happen.

Now, as far as grants are concerned, I think he can get a good chunk of $$ that way and yes, people donate to museums all the time.

Just based on what he discussed about what he wanna do, it is gonna cost a lot of money! I am sure she get ideas he has in store will come into fruition, but if he really wanna fulfill everything he wants to do without this museum, then he may have to conduct several donation drives as well as hit up individuals with a substantial amount of money, not to mention, it may take a couple to a few years to complete..

you got to remember he does everything on the cheap everything is crowdsouced he literally asked people to be in his horror film He used Upwork to hire indians to build out Moorus. He brought the Flex Step boots from a factory in China

Like I said No one is expecting pieces from Romare Bearden like I said in a previous thread stuff from Hidden Colors souvenirs from his trips, random donations from old school LA Rappers and stuff. Throw that in there and it's a museum. Will people hate on it? sure that's why they'll be called haters. Trust me the land will the most expensive thing including the building in general.

All I know is that the FBA conference was supposed to be an annual event, granted COVID fukked it up but I hope he doesn't drop that for this just because this will bring in more money than the FBA conference.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Since Poliight is in the news I'll say this. I don't think any of these brothers came in the game with the intent to scam. the problem is first the women come around corrupting them:

And again say what you want 'Riq has never been caught up in the sex scandal and I'm sure women have tried. Looks like he listened to 'Budd

Then come the men. same with women most dudes find it hard to constantly turn down p*ssy being thrown at them. It's the same for Men you expect to give a nikka millions of dollars and expect him not to spend at least some of it on himself?

I mean if someone was just giving you money would you not spend a few racks on yourself again money with no accountability

People win the lottery all the time and 99% of them end up broke within 5 years.

the game remains the same

I think that TN is going to be a man of his word like he always done and follow through…

However,

I honestly believe that it is unrealistic to expect this museum to be 100% grassroots funded. That isn’t to say that he can’t try, but if he does go that route, then people going to become skeptical and doubt him like people did Dr. Umar.

Like you stated, TN hasn’t been caught in any scandals and at worst, he had a few failed ventures that happens to damn near every successful entrepreneur.

I do believe people put unrealistic expectations upon him as well as other Black entrepreneurs. They are constantly placed on a short leash to mess up. I think it is a trust issue for many people.

But, if TN says that the HH museum gonna be fly, then I know it will cost a grip! I do agree with TN that Black people have to change their mindset and become more proactive in becoming self sufficient. I also love the idea of him putting all donors name inside the museum.

We shall see what happens moving forward. I am happy TN made his goal! It’s good start!

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
That is Impressive , here hoping that the museum isn't jam-packed with historical negationism like most of his "historical" documentaries.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you got to remember he does everything on the cheap everything is crowdsouced he literally asked people to be in his horror film He used Upwork to hire indians to build out Moorus. He brought the Flex Step boots from a factory in China

Like I said No one is expecting pieces from Romare Bearden like I said in a previous thread stuff from Hidden Colors souvenirs from his trips, random donations from old school LA Rappers and stuff. Throw that in there and it's a museum. Will people hate on it? sure that's why they'll be called haters. Trust me the land will the most expensive thing including the building in general.

All I know is that the FBA conference was supposed to be an annual event, granted COVID fukked it up but I hope he doesn't drop that for this just because this will bring in more money than the FBA conference.

I don't know man..

I hear ya, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that this project will be his most successful one yet.

This is how I see it..

If he half ass this project & put up a janky ass museum then he can pretty much forget people funding any future projects.

He will get Dr. Umar'dudid! Lol

Lemert Park is an excellent area to have such a museum, but let's face it, it is also going to be in the hood, so he has to take into account parking issues, dealing with vandalism, safety issues for his visitors, hiring security and the whole shebang!!

IMO, for this museum to end up how he says he want it to be, it will take years! He can't just put up paper mache statues and masks. He is going to have to get some authentic artifacts. He is also going to have to hire a solid ass curator. He basically is going to have to dedicate the rest of his life towards this museum.

Granted, he may have sold some budgeted products early in the game, but once again, every successful entrepreneur has failed, made mistakes, etc.

We shall see what happens though..

If he pulls this out, then the amount of positive impact this can make for the community in that area and beyond will be exponential!

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Well the easy go to would be to call you white because usually only white people call people Cocksuckers Maybe if should compare Native Black American donators to their parents who donated to Reverend Ike.

A true FBA would know who that is without googling

It's well known that @CHICAGO ain't White lol

@Houston911 on the other hand:sadcam:

Login • Instagram

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I already see people going at Umar. To be fair to him you can't really compare recreation to education.

Yeah you can say museum is education too but not in the same way as school. You'll never get a large group of people excited about building a school.
Depends on the people. Education trump's entertainment in a lot of places 10 times out of 10. Speaks more to the value of education in modern American times...

Beyond all that Umar didn't fail because of lack of funding. He was in over his head from the beginning.