The Hidden History Museum Presented By Tariq Nasheed

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See how hard they trying to take the focus off the black family coming together for a project and put it on one man

Watch the people doing that.

The global black family decided this is what We want to do. Eventually the family as a group will put their eyes on hating losers as trash that needs to be thrown out

I bet if folks were at a successful fundraiser event the dust would get swept out Quick.

@Squirrel from Meteor Man is the biggest agent of them all.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What the hell makes you think he's gonna do any of that shyt. You think he's gonna hire a curator? Did he hire a trained director for his docs or did he do it himself and go to Poland to get it done on the cheap? Did it work? He might lose you as a supporter but he's not worried about all that shyt. Granted like you said he's building a building I mean first you need a project manager for that That could be the Umar like boondoggle but I assume that like everything else he's put out it will be just enough to say that he did it.

You and I may question it but think that he's ever goona lose nikkas like Big Boda brehs

nikkas want to believe pointing out how difficult this could be and insinuating that it will be up and running in months really doesn't matter to people who want to believe. Same shyt with Umar people wanted to believe that he could get a school running in a matter of months too.

Seems like we just see things differently. I am not gonna argue with you over what we think TN may or may not do.

Next, I don’t care if TN cares about losing people like me as a supporter. That’s on him! I am telling you that he will not get the financial support as he has been, if he drops the ball on his project.

All that shyt you are talking about is really conjecture. In addition, creating a brick and mortar institution is different than making a documentary or selling clothes, flags and pepper spray.

He did all of his flicks with a smaller budget than major film companies, yet he managed to do a pretty good job! Perhaps your bias of him is clouding your judgment. I am gonna give him he benefit of the doubt this time. If he does what he say he gonna do, then it may solidify him a spot as a cultural icon or people’s champ.

We may simply have to agree to disagree on this one.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My thing is why trust him? Would you cash app me 100 bucks for me to give you 110 bucks next week on some I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today shyt or would you not because you don't know me. You don't know Tariq either. Everyone is skeptical of the local preacher down the street that your mother has been funding for years. The church has been there for 60 years but you're asking How did the Pastor get that Caddy?

Again Polight did an excellent take down on Umar saying why doesn't he get a 501c and be transparent (while literally posting a video from a Beverly Hills Mansion) I agree with him. People invest with Fidelity and Charles Schwab and they show you all the fiduciary information show you exactly what they will do with the money make projections update you constantly and still say Past performance is not indicative of future success and the biggest banks in the world scammed people. But trust some random on the internet brehs.

I say why trust anyone? Of course it's hard as hell and many many obstacles in the way of making a museum "fly" in fact technically it's almost impossible to make money off of a museum which is why the vast majority are government funded. But he or any one could clean out their closet take a milly so so and start a "museum". Again he could put his hidden Colors shyt in there a Yomo & Maulkie tour jacket and call it a museum. The question is will it be there in ten years.

Time will tell.

I give him the benefit of the doubt because he never did anything to me to be skeptical of his work. I have bought things from him over the years and he always delivered. I always received my products in a timely fashion. I go as far back as his first book and CD with him which may be close to 20 years! I been following him since the MySpace days. I seen him grow and evolve.

Do you know that am an middle aged sneaker head? That is a hobby of mine which started by happenstance. Point is, I may have over 200+ pairs of Diadora kicks, not to mention other vintage shoe brands and styles. I also spent a lot of money on other stuff. Point is..

If I can help two Italian based sneaker companies bottomline increase exponentially and could easily say that I gave one company 20K versus TN who may have got less than $500 over a lifetime and $25 of that money went to one documentary project and another $100 went to a B&M project, then I think it is fair to say that I am not really trippin off him getting over on me.

I have no reason to doubt him at this point. I do know that this project is different than the other stuff he has done. He will have to step things up because this is an institution he is dealing with.

We may just see things differently. No biggie..

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I give him the benefit of the doubt because he never did anything to me to be skeptical of his work. I have bought things from him over the years and he always delivered. I always received my products in a timely fashion. I go as far back as his first book and CD with him which may be close to 20 years! I been following him since the MySpace days. I seen him grow and evolve.

Do you know that am an middle aged sneaker head? That is a hobby of mine which started by happenstance. Point is, I may have over 200+ pairs of Diadora kicks, not to mention other vintage shoe brands and styles. I also spent a lot of money on other stuff. Point is..

If I can help two Italian based sneaker companies bottomline increase exponentially and could easily say that I gave one company 20K versus TN who may have got less than $500 over a lifetime and $25 of that money went to one documentary project and another $100 went to a B&M project, then I think it is fair to say that I am not really trippin off him getting over on me.

I have no reason to doubt him at this point. I do know that this project is different than the other stuff he has done. He will have to step things up because this is an institution he is dealing with.

We may just see things differently. No biggie..

I never met anyone who fukked with Diadora's It was me and Ralph Tresvant who had the big tougue shyts. i wore them shyts to school and I got clowned severely.

As a far as the TN thing you fukk with him because you haven't seen any scamming that's cool. shyt I haven't seen too much obvious scamming the slight shyt I've seen maybe just be L's that he doesn't want to admit to. My point is if he wanted to scam he could and personally I don't agree with giving dudes grants for businesses I'll invest but not give and don't expect anyone to give me shyt.

The other problem I have is unlike you some of his superfans act like anyone who disagrees is a c00n or an agent, Name me the thing that all Black People agree on no need for nikkas to get in their feelings just because another nikka don't fukk with a nikka they fukk with.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Seems like we just see things differently. I am not gonna argue with you over what we think TN may or may not do.

Next, I don’t care if TN cares about losing people like me as a supporter. That’s on him! I am telling you that he will not get the financial support as he has been, if he drops the ball on his project.

All that shyt you are talking about is really conjecture. In addition, creating a brick and mortar institution is different than making a documentary or selling clothes, flags and pepper spray.

He did all of his flicks with a smaller budget than major film companies, yet he managed to do a pretty good job! Perhaps your bias of him is clouding your judgment. I am gonna give him he benefit of the doubt this time. If he does what he say he gonna do, then it may solidify him a spot as a cultural icon or people’s champ.

We may simply have to agree to disagree on this one.
We really don't have a disagreement. basically you gave him the benefit of the doubt now you see the monumental task that building a museum from the ground up would entail. Should it not happen he'd look a ways to you but the majority of people that fukk with him see him literally as the personification of "the Black Family" If he has people thinking that a failed project wouldn't dissuade them. Besides he's just think of something else and focus on that.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never met anyone who fukked with Diadora's It was me and Ralph Tresvant who had the big tougue shyts. i wore them shyts to school and I got clowned severely.

As a far as the TN thing you fukk with him because you haven't seen any scamming that's cool. shyt I haven't seen too much obvious scamming the slight shyt I've seen maybe just be L's that he doesn't want to admit to. My point is if he wanted to scam he could and personally I don't agree with giving dudes grants for businesses I'll invest but not give and don't expect anyone to give me shyt.

The other problem I have is unlike you some of his superfans act like anyone who disagrees is a c00n or an agent, Name me the thing that all Black People agree on no need for nikkas to get in their feelings just because another nikka don't fukk with a nikka they fukk with.

Let me first start by saying that Diadora is an internationally known brand shoe and sport clothing company.

Next, that brand isn't popular in the States because Diadora left the US market in the early 90s and only focused on their soccer products Stateside.

They went back home and focused on the European market. Next, the reason why you, your homies and people in your orbit don't fukk with that brand is the reason why I LOVE it!

I am someone who likes shyt that not too many people wear/rock. I like standing out. In addition, I am probably from a different generation than you. Most people who know about that brand are in my age bracket & generation along with people who live in Europe or are sneaker aficionados.

Every shoe brand has it's own niche following. You see people wear Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Puma, etc because it is heavily accessible. You can go to any mall and buy those brands.

That's cool, but to me, those brands are cookie cutter brands. Everyone wears them just like most people listen to mainstream music. I ain't a mainstream music lover nor support that shyt. I am also not a mainstream sneaker supporter like that eventhough I may own a few pairs of mainstream brand sneakers.

Moral of the story:

In my day, it was about being unique. No biting! Today's era, it is about everyone wearing the same shyt and making the same type of music, sounding the same and shyt like that. Just different stokes for different folks!
*shrugs*

As for TN...

I want to make it clear that I personally despise the usage of the c-word! Not only is it an offensive word equal to the n-word, it is a pejorative that has been re-contextualized as well as misused and abused by people for reasons you have stated.

BTW, it is TN who is credited for remixing the re-contextualizing that word that many people on this board use til this day. He also did the same with the pejoratives bed wench/buck.

So, I am NOT someone who is cool with those words, but I understand that willful ignorance is blissful, especially in our community. Smh

Bottom line..

If you don't trust TN to do right by you nor trust him to do right by any of the contributions he has received, then simply don't support him! When he builds this museum, don't visit the museum!

You are very well within your right to not support anything that man does from now til Armageddon!

I believe in giving this man the benefit of the doubt until he does something I deem to breach said benefit of the doubt.

I am listening to Dwann B. podcast show speaking on the HH Museum right now. TN asked Dwann to help him with his expertise to the music section of the museum on one of his most recent IG streams.

I heard ya and accepted your POV even if we hold a different opinion.

To each one's own!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I can't front, I gotta salute that man:salute: Congratulations homie! I didn't think it could be done, but yet here we are! $1million in a short few weeks!

Swindling money out of hard working Americans to purchase some prime LA real estate for himself is feat only matched by the most scrupulous, ruthless snake oil salesmen of yesteryear. :banderas:

Respect to Tariq, man. The Hustler's hustler. :salute:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I can't front, I gotta salute that man:salute: Congratulations homie! I didn't think it could be done, but yet here we are! $1million in a short few weeks!

Swindling money out of hard working Americans to purchase some prime LA real estate for himself is feat only matched by the most scrupulous, ruthless snake oil salesmen of yesteryear. :banderas:

Respect to Tariq, man. The Hustler's hustler. :salute:

That's crazy because somebody White did the same thing and bought the Crenshaw Mall and you did not say anything and try to boycott.