"The Guest", 2014 psychological thriller from the same folks as "You're Next"

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
This movie was pretty good however not in the story or the acting but the mood it created. It had a very 80s nostalgic feel to it, very similar to Drive although of course Drive was better, but they both conveyed the same feelings. Another difference is that Drive was an homage while The Guest was kind of a parody. I did find the movie more funny then serious and I hope that 's what they were going for or else it will be like the time I found Schindler's List kinda funny when I guess it wasn't supposed to be.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i want to find fan theories for this movie but its so hard to search for because of the movies name. :/

breh had to have had regenerative powers, right? breh got shot in the leg and chest, stabbed in the back, and stabbed in the chest. how the fukk did he survive all that :damn:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I wish I felt the same. I love It Follows while I'm just lukewarm on this one. I've watched it twice, the second time trying to see if I just missed something but nah, still the same
Im legit befuddled you don't like this breh especially since the second half seems straight 80s action throwback

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Im legit befuddled you don't like this breh especially since the second half seems straight 80s action throwback

Because it's a poor, poor movie. There's nothing to be befuddled about except the lack of people who don't grasp how poor this movie is.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Because it's a poor, poor movie. There's nothing to be befuddled about except the lack of people who don't grasp how poor this movie is.
Dude was pretty good in it. Even you admitted as such

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Dude was pretty good in it. Even you admitted as such

Actor Extraordinaire Eric Roberts is good in every single movie he stars in, but that says nothing about the quality of those movies, breh.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Actor Extraordinaire Eric Roberts is good in every single movie he stars in, but that says nothing about the quality of those movies, breh.

Only thing I can really give this movie credit for is the solid start and the fact this Dan Stevens is an actor to watch out for, because he undeniably killed his part.