"The Guest", 2014 psychological thriller from the same folks as "You're Next"

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Watching now... Asian bullies :russ:

This psycho ass cac :wow: I knew something was wrong as soon as he stared off into the distance all menacingly

EDIT: The fukk? He's on some Super Soldier shyt. He's not doing what I was expecting (yet)...

EDIT 2: Lt. Daniels :myman: Movie is going in a different direction than I thought

EDIT 3: :russ: Headshot from 100+ yards away? :childplease:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
shyt started off good with some solid fukkery, then it went full retard on the fukkery and just became a clusterfukk of garbage. This is one of those movies that shows why so many horror directors never achieve anything out of horror, because they can't direct anything other than the clichés of the movies they grew up with. Seriously, when this guy got into a bar fight and his movements were backed up with actual "whoosh" sound effects to emphasize how fast he was moving, I pretty much gave up.

Also, as someone who loves 80s synthesizers to death, the soundtrack was so forced it became ridiculous. Redneck bar? Let's play synths. Jock party? Let's play synths. Shall I make you a soundtrack? Here, a synthesizer cd. You had synthesizer songs fading out only to 'mood swing' immediately into another synthesizer song. I don't care if the songs are good if they're this terribly used. It certainly didn't help it also made it more blatantly clear how they were trying to rip off the atmosphere from Drive (and doing it poorly).

Only thing I can really give this movie credit for is the solid start and the fact this Dan Stevens is an actor to watch out for, because he undeniably killed his part.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
shyt started off good with some solid fukkery, then it went full retard on the fukkery and just became a clusterfukk of garbage. This is one of those movies that shows why so many horror directors never achieve anything out of horror, because they can't direct anything other than the clichés of the movies they grew up with. Seriously, when this guy got into a bar fight and his movements were backed up with actual "whoosh" sound effects to emphasize how fast he was moving, I pretty much gave up.

Also, as someone who loves 80s synthesizers to death, the soundtrack was so forced it became ridiculous. Redneck bar? Let's play synths. Jock party? Let's play synths. Shall I make you a soundtrack? Here, a synthesizer cd. You had synthesizer songs fading out only to 'mood swing' immediately into another synthesizer song. I don't care if the songs are good if they're this terribly used. It certainly didn't help it also made it more blatantly clear how they were trying to rip off the atmosphere from Drive (and doing it poorly).

Only thing I can really give this movie credit for is the solid start and the fact this Dan Stevens is an actor to watch out for, because he undeniably killed his part.

There were no such sounds, I just watched the movie and re-watched the scene. Movie is pure piff though. Anna :ahh:

The super soldier David delivered on the fukkery :blessed:

It was obvious he would come out at the end being a genetically enhanced soldier though.

My only question: When David was talking on the cell phone when Anna was ease-dropping before he went off to get the weapons, he said "I don't need an orthodontist, I need fingers." The fukk does this mean :what: I thought the conversation between David and Luke proved he already had his fingerprints removed. Dan Stevens killed that shyt though! Thought he was gonna poke up Laura because of how much of a bum Spencer appeared to be. Spencer was the worst death to me, he was the one who defended David the most.

Peep the necklace Anna was wearing by the way :gladbron: I'm not into that stupid Illuminati shyt, but she was wearing a symbol of that Illuminati shyt when she was driving Luke.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching this and enjoyed it :obama:.
David was on some other ish, that diner scene at the end had me :russ: