The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.
not only that but developers will have to support different SKUs like lets sday 5 years from now..Thats 5 different SKUs for the same game and only one SKU for Play
You're thinking PC. PS4 is strong enough to run games made for today's consoles. If you turn the Xbox brand into a glorified steambox, I don't know how the public will react to it.

You know you're getting good enough for at least 5 years with a console. Consoles will NEVER be on par with PC gaming just based on price alone. Consoles are intended to be wallet friendly entries into gaming.

Also does MS want to fight a 2 front war with PC Gaming and Consoles? Not sure.

I'm interested to see their logic behind this if true.
The price for their upgraded console determine if this idea is DOA or not..If they releasing the upgraded XBOX for 399-599 thats DOA...They better go 199-250 if they're going to do this..Imagine little Johnnies dad walking into walmart on black friday/Christmas every year and seeing a new Xbox every year but the PS4 that he bought for his son last year..Thats going to confuse and piss the customer off big time..Thats why PC gaming is mostly for enthusiast..Johnny pops aint going to buy his 9 year old a 399-599 new version of the console every Christmas..Dude will buy a PS4 bundle and be done with it..

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.
Basically all games will be spec'd to the lowest common denominator to ensure the least powerful model can run it...

:mjlol: @ spending $1000 for the 2018 LBOX for a 2% fps gain over the 2016...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
No the fukk it doesn't, and no the fukk it isn't.

You made that up. Another one of your dumb ass predictions :heh:
NO, YOU Have been wrong all fukking generation breh. If it's not an Alienware Alpha clone, then what is it? The shyt sounds like an XBOX themed steam machine.

The old XBOX division simply doesn't fit with Microsoft's plans anymore and it's been proven time and time again since that ridiculously stupid launch by them in 2013.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No the fukk it doesn't, and no the fukk it isn't.

You made that up. Another one of your dumb ass predictions :heh:
Why not. No trolling. I'm just interested. I don't think we have enough info right now to make a valid conclusion on this yet. I'd like to know pricing, frequency of upgrades, necessity of whatever upgrades they offer, what exactly will be upgradable, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why not. No trolling. I'm just interested. I don't think we have enough info right now to make a valid conclusion on this yet. I'd like to know pricing, frequency of upgrades, necessity of whatever upgrades they offer, what exactly will be upgradable, etc.
Because as you said we don't have all the info.

He made up all the info to support his previous dumb ass claims.:heh:

Could they pivot into just making PCs? Sure.

Is this conformation of that? Absolutely not

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
"We look at these other ecosystems out there like mobile, tablet and PC and we see that they have a very continuous evolution cycle in hardware, whereas between console generations most of the evolution is making it cheaper and potentially making it smaller.

Both are meaningful but don't make the games play any better. If you look at PC specifically and see the evolution that happens there,there's no reason why console can't ride that same curve.

I look at the ecosystem that a console sits in and I think that it should have the capability of more iteration on hardware capability. Sony is doing this with VR and adding VR capabilities mid-cycle to the PlayStation 4 and they are doing that by adding another box. I don't mean that as a negative. But it's not changing what the core console is about.

For consoles in general it's more important now than it's ever been, because you have so many of these other platforms that are around. It used to be that when you bought your console you were way ahead of the price performance curve by so much, relative to a PC. But now PCs are inexpensive and your phones are getting more and more capable.

I still think a console is the best price to performance deal that is out there but when you look at the evolution ... I'm not going to announce our road map for hardware ... but what I wanted to say on stage for people when they see this vision of ours and question our commitment to console I want to make sure that people see that what we are doing enables us to be more committed to what consoles are about than we've ever been and innovate more consistently than we ever have. That's the key for me."

Phil Spencer signals Xbox One hardware upgrades

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
im so confused what's going on :pachaha:I dont understand all this talk someone please breakdown in lamer terms for me lol

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

This is what it was intended to be all along you know that right, but instead of always online being the segue into it, windows 10 is the segue into xb1. Its a great ideal and clearly was the goal all along, microsofts wants to get into the living rooms and this is a great kinect:troll:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
im so confused what's going on :pachaha:I dont understand all this talk someone please breakdown in lamer terms for me lol
It sounds like MS wants to move away from making dedicated consoles and they want to take an approach similar to PCs where instead of buying a whole new PC you just swap out parts to upgrade. There isn't a ton of info at the moment.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
The industry is adopting to the Ls its taking in the performance department to PCs. Makes sense. Xbox/Windows 10 merges as a platform giving the gamers the option of building their own dedicated gaming PC or buying off the shelf from microsoft and being able to keep and enjoy their current library.

As this evolves the question will be how Sony & Nintendo will adapt?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It sounds like MS wants to move away from making dedicated consoles and they want to take an approach similar to PCs where instead of buying a whole new PC you just swap out parts to upgrade. There isn't a ton of info at the moment.
It says nothing about moving away from consoles or swapping out parts:dwillhuh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The industry is adopting to the Ls its taking in the performance department to PCs. Makes sense. Xbox/Windows 10 merges as a platform giving the gamers the option of building their own dedicated gaming PC or buying off the shelf from microsoft and being able to keep and enjoy their current library.

As this evolves the question will be how Sony & Nintendo will adapt?
Who?