The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.

Exactly, they have to make sure no matter what, the current Xbox we got right now can play all the future games. If its a 3DS > n3DS situation, shyt gonna fail big time. Xbox One might only play Gears 6 in 720p compared to Xbox ONE S that plays it in 1080p, but it still can play it. And no doubt they gonna try to target the parents who don't know shyt about these consoles but getting them for they kids

"Don't get that OLD xbox, get this new shiny and more powerful one". Not telling the parents the old one still works, gonna hustle these mufukkas.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, but at least you will have THE OPTION to buy a better hardware.

PS4 is already not strong enough to run current games. What will happen in a year?

You're thinking PC. PS4 is strong enough to run games made for today's consoles. If you turn the Xbox brand into a glorified steambox, I don't know how the public will react to it.

You know you're getting good enough for at least 5 years with a console. Consoles will NEVER be on par with PC gaming just based on price alone. Consoles are intended to be wallet friendly entries into gaming.

Also does MS want to fight a 2 front war with PC Gaming and Consoles? Not sure.

I'm interested to see their logic behind this if true.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Exactly, they have to make sure no matter what, the current Xbox we got right now can play all the future games. If its a 3DS > n3DS situation, shyt gonna fail big time. Xbox One might only play Gears 6 in 720p compared to Xbox ONE S that plays it in 1080p, but it still can play it. And no doubt they gonna try to target the parents who don't know shyt about these consoles but getting them for they kids

"Don't get that OLD xbox, get this new shiny and more powerful one". Not telling the parents the old one still works, gonna hustle these mufukkas.

I def think this is their plan and way of thinking.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So...PC brehs let me see if this is right...

Master Race PC people are always on some "Do you know your lord and savior Jesus christ" in every conversation saying why you should get a PC...

Console players, not familiar with the PC landscape, are hesitant to delve into the PC world...

PC brehs explain why it's different now because "they have buttons that make easy to PC game now!"

Then Console gamers explain that their core group of players aren't going to be swayed and playing games with higher graphics aren't better than playing games with the fukking friends who aren't going to buy a PC

Then Microsoft greenlights an idea to seamlessly make console gamers an invisible gateway into pc gaming...

But it's bullshyt?

The fukk?

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Interesting
Not sure how to take this. On one hand it feels like MS is bowing out of competing with SONY on the console front. On the other hand, I'm a fan of the idea of being able to play games without having to buy more hardware. I'll wait for this to pan out a little more before going in on it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I thought it was just a dumbass prediction by me?

The writing is on the wall. The XBOX fixed dedicated hardware division is pretty much dead and adopting more of a PC model which is what will work best for Microsoft.
The fukk?

Don't try to spin that dumb ass shyt you said to this.

It clearly says they will developing more Xbox hardware, not less

:camby:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The fukk?

Don't try to spin that dumb ass shyt you said to this.

It clearly says they will developing more Xbox hardware, not less

:camby:
This effectively killls the "xbox" and turning it into an Alienware Alpha clone division with the branding.

That is basically all they are doing and from where I stand I think it's a good move. It will basically be an XBOX themed Windows PC.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The way I understand it right now, instead of buying a whole new console, you would be able to buy upgraded parts. That doesn't sound too bad to me honestly.
It sounds like their version of the Alienware Alpha, but easier to upgrade. Good move by Microsoft if this is the case.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Drivers, updating graphics cards, having issues when a .exe having problems....some folks ain't up for all that shyt. They want the power of a PC with the ease of a console. Steam has started giving people this, now Xbox bout to join the party.

Updating drivers is easy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So...PC brehs let me see it this is right...
Master Race PC people are always on some "Do you know your lord and savior Jesus christ" in every conversation saying why you should get a PC...

Console players, not familiar with the PC landscape, are hesitant to delve into the PC world...

PC brehs explain why it's different now because "they have buttons that make easy to PC game now!"

Then Console gamers explain that their core group of players aren't going to be swayed and playing games with higher graphics aren't better than playing games with the fukking friends who aren't going to buy a PC

Then Microsoft greenlights an idea to seamlessly make console gamers an invisible gateway into pc gaming...

But it's bullshyt?

The fukk?
Stan shyt breh:smh:

In reality this is the best of both worlds. Convenience of a console, with the ability to upgrade for better graphics if you want to.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It sounds like their version of the Alienware Alpha, but easier to upgrade. Good move by Microsoft if this is the case.
It makes sense.
For consumers it would put them in a position to buy the newest "Module X" to play "Game X" in its highest settings every year. I think it's too early to openly hate on it. As a primarily console gamer I can say I'm not excited about the PC gaming style approach....but I can't say any of this is completely bad right now. I'm still getting more info from other sites as we speak.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This effectively killls the "xbox" and turning it into an Alienware Alpha clone division with the branding.

That is basically all they are doing and from where I stand I think it's a good move. It will basically be an XBOX themed Windows PC.
No the fukk it doesn't, and no the fukk it isn't.

You made that up. Another one of your dumb ass predictions :heh: