The Guardian: Microsoft to unify PC/One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So a glorified Steambox :skip:

*Meach buys Xbox 2017*
*Fatboi buys Xbox 2018*

Fatboi: :umad:
Meach: :francis:
Don't see PC gamers having this problem. Technology improves every year. If you buy something in 2018 it SHOULD be more technologically advanced than something i bought in 2017.

Take off your Stan cap buddy:francis:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Xbone just became The Phantom.:ohhh:
phantom_console_lg_2.jpg

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Nah not waving the white flag, about to sega Genesis 32x the mufukka. And I'm all for it, have different level xboxes priced by how powerful it is, and just like a PC, the better the Xbox, the better the game runs.

As a early adapter, I'm down with this. The power of a PC with the ease of a console.
How the fukk could you possibly be down with this as an early adopter?:what:

How is announcing a new Xbox every year when were 3 years into this gen not waiving the white flag on the LBOX one?

Graphically there is no way these boxes will be able to compete pixel per dollar with gaming PCs...Why spend $1000 on an Lbox when you can spend the same amount on a more powerful PC? Never mind the fact PC is an open system and the Lbox is closed...

It also makes no sense from a multiplayer perspective when you have Steam on PC which is free and 1000x better than Live...Why would anyone wanting the PC experience play on Live?

If you want to PC game with a controller...buy a PC and a fukking controller...

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
If you want to PC game with a controller...buy a PC and a fukking controller...
Drivers, updating graphics cards, having issues when a .exe having problems....some folks ain't up for all that shyt. They want the power of a PC with the ease of a console. Steam has started giving people this, now Xbox bout to join the party.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
:mjlol: they gave up..created the middle child gaming console between a dedicated gaming console (PlayStation, Nintendo) and powerful gaming PCs. Only problem some developers would want to create games too powerful for early adaopters and they would have to pay more to get the next version of the xbox the next year and it will never be as powerful as gaming PCs..

For example:

New Assassins creed released for PS4, and Xbox One 1.0

New Assassins creed 2 released for PS4, and Xbox One 2.0 ( not 1.0 because its too weak) :mjlol: Spend money every year like a new phone brehs..

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Drivers, updating graphics cards, having issues when a .exe having problems....some folks ain't up for all that shyt. They want the power of a PC with the ease of a console. Steam has started giving people this, now Xbox bout to join the party.
Its 2016 bruh..

All you have to do is hit update on geforce experience to update drivers...the same exact process as updating your shytbox firmware...

And what are these exe problems you speak of ? You tryna run new games on windows xp? Cuz that's one of the only ways you're getting an exe error in 2016...the other is cracked exe aka tryna pirate a game...

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Its 2016 bruh..

All you have to do is hit update on geforce experience to update drivers...the same exact process as updating your shytbox firmware...

And what are these exe problems you speak of ? You tryna run new games on windows xp? Cuz that's the only way you're getting an exe error in 2016...

Rise of Tomb Raider was just having these crash problems just a month ago. And that's for Nvidia, you don't get this luxary with AMD although they should have had it. Why you so hostile if you don't even fukk with Xbox breh?

It's already gonna have been 3 years this fall, if I can upgrade my Xbox this fall for 400ish dollars, that's just like changing my Iphone every few years. And if you don't want to, just like a Iphone 5, you don't have to. shyt just won't run as well as it would on a 6.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Don't see PC gamers having this problem. Technology improves every year. If you buy something in 2018 it SHOULD be more technologically advanced than something i bought in 2017.

Take off your Stan cap buddy:francis:

Wasn't even stanning man, just making jokes. :skip:

It would def be exactly like the PC now but with a console.

the price of entry and "ease of use" quote/unquote has always been the main advantage of consoles over PCs.

Not exactly sure how I feel about this. If it went this route, I'd get a Steambox instead of Xbox seeing as how you can do the upgrades yourself instead of buying the "newer" edition Xbox from what it sounds like.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:mjlol: they gave up..created the middle child gaming console between a dedicated gaming console (PlayStation, Nintendo) and powerful gaming PCs. Only problem some developers would want to create games too powerful for early adaopters and they would have to pay more to get the next version of the xbox the next year and it will never be as powerful as gaming PCs..

For example:

New Assassins creed released for PS4, and Xbox One 1.0

New Assassins creed 2 released for PS4, and Xbox One 2.0 ( not 1.0 because its too weak) :mjlol: Spend money every year like a new phone brehs..

THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
THIS is the most dangerous part of this game they trying to play. not being strong enough to run newer games. It "forces" you to buy the "newer" Xbox.

From MS standpoint, I see the hustle they trying to pull and it might work on dummies. I ain't even mad.

Yeah, but at least you will have THE OPTION to buy a better hardware.

PS4 is already not strong enough to run current games. What will happen in a year?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Interesting :jbhmm:
I thought it was just a dumbass prediction by me?

The writing is on the wall. The XBOX fixed dedicated hardware division is pretty much dead and adopting more of a PC model which is what will work best for Microsoft.