The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How we go backwards? :snoop:

That's why I was in favor of drafting a corner this year. Have a backup in case X or Byron get hurt AND eventual replacement for one or both of them. X is 29 and Byron is about to be 30:old:

With both of their contracts and ages Miami has no choice but to start planning for their replacements. We were already shopping Byron but that injury derailed it. Maybe he can return this season and be a competent CB. But with that type of injury who knows. Hopefully X can give us at least 3 more years of All Pro play or at least pro bowl level play. He is that good. I think he can do it.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
We gotta outscore teams
I’d hate for our defense to have fallen off that bad to where we have to “rely” on being a gunslinging team. I want our gunslinging to result in lopsided victories, not close games to compensate for our bad defense. It’s like we got the reverse Flores. And I’m not for that. Damn I’m pessimistic now.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
So what are your expectations of this squad this year?

I cant make a W/L prediction. I dont know how i feel about the squad at all. One moment i see us going on a deep playoff run. The next i see us barely winning 4 games. Nothing int the middle.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
So what are your expectations of this squad this year?

I cant make a W/L prediction. I dont know how i feel about the squad at all. One moment i see us going on a deep playoff run. The next i see us barely winning 4 games. Nothing int the middle.
Barely winning 4? That’d be the biggest let down in dolphins history. Who’d we lose that was pertinent to our 9-8 seasons? Who on our schedule has upgraded their rosters to the degree that a majority of these games aren’t winnable?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I’m tired of these missed offensive opportunities. Short yardage and can’t convert. This should be a blowout. New England is the inferior team.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I’m out but watching the score on ESPN gamecast. I’ll watch the game on replay later.

To those that are actually watching the game. Is our offense just bad or does NE defense just good? I’m assuming you’re never gonna score a lot of points against an NE defense but looking at the boxscore so far our running looks like it’s horrible.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Saw the second half. Wasn’t impressed but a win is a win.

:beli: rarely allows young QBs to stunt on him so we’ll need more games to truly evaluate Tua’s progress this offseason

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I’m out but watching the score on ESPN gamecast. I’ll watch the game on replay later.

To those that are actually watching the game. Is our offense just bad or does NE defense just good? I’m assuming you’re never gonna score a lot of points against an NE defense but looking at the boxscore so far our running looks like it’s horrible.
Our offense is good. Tua is ok. He looked GREAT for flashes, then he looked painfully mediocre for flashes. Playcalling was solid overall, we just kept having missed oppurities. OLine break downs at the wrong moment. Overthrown passes. But one thing is clear, is that the duo of Waddle-Hill is gonna wreak havoc on the league. They showed out. Beli defenses always keep teams bottled up, but I felt like we left too many points on the field. Score could’ve easily been 30+, 40+ Miami to NEs 7. Defense looked great. But then again, it’s Mac Jones. I can’t really tell anything. OLine wasn’t horrible. Injuries.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Austin Jackson already hurt. Greg Little already nicked up. Our prized FA signee Armstead sat out the 4th quarter.
We can’t catch a break with our OL :snoop: