The Greatest Show On Surf/Not Snow tho - Miami Dolphins 2023 OFF- Season Thread

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
We just cant have nice things. :manny:

With the alternative being out for season, this is best case scenario and played out better than initial thoughts honestly. Bring him back slowly and have him ready for the end season push..

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
With the alternative being out for season, this is best case scenario and played out better than initial thoughts honestly. Bring him back slowly and have him ready for the end season push..

I hear you but it’s not ideal. And with such injury there no guarantee he’ll be back 100%

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I was so hyped too see Jalen really thought he be the leader on defense this team needs

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

I'll admit i dont know much about Eli Apple. Just finding out he and Tyreek had a beef. :manny:
But I’m still optimistic about the defense despite the injury to Ramsey.

I tend to trust Grier when it comes to drafting DBs despite the Igbinoghene snafu. They must have seen something in Cam Smith they really like for them to pass up on addressing their OL needs with their very first pick (2nd round) of that draft.

+ reports indicate that Xavien Howard has looked good in camp now that he’s over the groin issue .
+ hopefully Kader Kohou has learned from his mistakes from last year and will improve on what was otherwise a good rookie season
+ Holland at S with Brandon Jones (hopefully) coming back healthy should hold it down at that position. Not sure what to think of that other safety we signed but some say he's decent.

If our DL (Wilkins, Chubb, Phillips , Seiler, Raekwon) is as good as it looks on paper it should make the secondary’s job a little easier. I dont know if I should trust our LBs just yet but if the DL holds up as expected they should benefit from it too

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
It is what it is he’s solid at best let’s just hope he stays off twitter

Daps
Just a few PRE-training camp random thoughts based on updates and podcasts ive been listening.

We have a tough schedule coming up especially in our division so there is lot on our plate:
  • McDaniel will have to add more wrinkles to the offense.
  • QBs - Tua will need to improve and be healthy. We bolstered the QB room with a quality backup but we are aiming to not have to use him
  • WRs - Tyreek and Waddle will have to be as good as they were last year. If they do that should open things up for the WR3 and WR4
  • RBs - That unit needs to improve. I dont know where to start. We look decent on paper but in games... I dont have high expectations of the rookie RB for the first year but he could be a great weapon in the future.
  • TEs - This unit might be an issue. Not sure what they are doing.
  • OL - I wanna be optimistic but nothing about our OL excites me aside from Armstead being healthy and the unit performing at least as good or better than last year. Maybe we can get SOMETHING out of Austin Jackson this year.
  • DBs - Xavien Howard will have to stay healthy and prove he's still a top corner. Same for Jalen Ramsay. Kohou was good at times but showed some flaws late in the season so hope he's ready to clean that up and take the next step. Cam Smith could be good. We'll need it against all these top tier QBs in the AFC. If Holland continues to improve while Needham and Jones are fully healthy we should be good.
  • D-Line and LBs - This SHOULD be a strength of this defense ON PAPER. If Phillips continues to improve, Chubb adapts and goes back to his old self before he came, Wilkins maintains last year's performance or better and Ogbah doesnt decline they should beast. I think our LBs should be able to feast behind them.
  • Special Teams..Too many questions on special teams but we'll see.
The belief is that we will be using our tight ends a lot more because now that we have blocking ones there will be more balance in the run game. Per Mina's pod. Her AFC East pod made me feel a lot more comfortable about that position.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

So is Dalvin Cook officially out of the discussion? :jbhmm:

He allegedly said Miami was his preferred destination as he was making FA visits with other teams. I thought he was posturing to get Miami to give him more money. I’m sure signing Eli Apple took some of that cap room away

Last edited: