The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I'm starting to appreciate where they're going with this series :ehh:

Next week they'll be having a panel of AA's, West Indians and Africans.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

The BS in this video

"The changing face of Black America" .....immigrants and their children don't even make up 10% of the Black American population :russ:

"African immigrants are an example of what Black America could be".....no thank you i'll keep my culture over ANY immigrants culture :mjlol:

Then they tried to downplay slavery with White supremacist rhetoric :picard:

Then to deny immigrants aren't self-selected and many don't come from wealth or education....like they're some superhumans :dead:

This is why I salute Yvette Carnell and others for continually pushing AA ethnocentrism:salute:

Kami

Banned
Daps
The choice of moist men on the panel and the clearly feminist moderator had me stop.

Kami

Banned
Daps
The BS in this video

"The changing face of Black America" .....immigrants and their children don't even make up 10% of the Black American population :russ:

"African immigrants are an example of what Black America could be".....no thank you i'll keep my culture over ANY immigrants culture :mjlol:

Then to deny immigrants aren't self-selected and many don't come from wealth or education....like they're some superhumans :dead:

This is why I salute Yvette Carnell and others for continually pushing AA ethnocentrism:salute:
Mothafukkas don't even know who their father is yet know they were African/Jews 7 generations back.

These sjws spend too much time on nothing.

Kami

Banned
Daps
There actually wasn't much shea butter twitter shyt during the discussion.
One shorty on the panel talked about how she went to several West African countries and talked about how she got called a slave twice while there.
One scenario was that some man was bragging about how his family were responsible for selling black people to Europeans. He said my grandfather sold the weak African's into slavery, you're one of the weak African's. The other instance was some African breh was trying to spit game her way and she wasn't feeling him so like dudes in the states do when a girl isn't feeling them they say "fukk you bytch, I didn't want you anyway" but instead the African breh straight up called her a slave due to being rejected. Another shorty on the panel talked about how she was dating an African breh. She pretty much grew up with him, same neighborhood and all. But when they started getting serious he didn't introduce her to his mother because she was AA. One breh talked about how he used to make fun of people for their accents and he attempted to connect that to the contention that Africans have with AA's/Diasporans. A few people talked about some of the opinions that they've heard African's express about them. The same female who talked about being called a slave also talked about how she was at this history class that was discussing the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The attendance was mostly continental African's with some AA's mixed in. When the details of the slavery became graphic specifically when things like castration got brought up a lot of the African students were giggling.
I really didn't see or hear all this shea butter shyt ya'll nikkas was talking about.
:patrice:

Edit: typos​
Some Africans namely west Africans see Caribbean/Americans as weak Africans who were sold into slavery and that they were strong enough to protect their people.

Saw a Ghanaian woman and Jamaican argue over this once.

Karb

Veteran
Daps

The point that she was trying to make was that immigrants don't have to deal with the legacy of slavery and systemic racism on the same level as AA's. She's basically saying that if it weren't for said legacy, AA's would be excelling on level with Nigerians or better. Do you disagree with this? :francis:

There was some borderline c00ning going from some of them. Others highlighted the fact that they were ignorant of the history of AA's in this country when they came.

Nah, they even stated that AA immigrants in Africa tend to extremely successful, pointing out the fact that immigrants are indeed self-selected and move for the purpose of work/making money etc.

Some of them had issues with some AA's thinking that every immigrant from Africa is wealthy or highly educated. That Uchechi chick even stated that this was the fault of Africans (especially Nigerians) for presenting only the "good" side of their community and covering their flaws, which creates false impressions.

It wasn't all that controversial.:stopitslime:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The point that she was trying to make was that immigrants don't have to deal with the legacy of slavery and systemic racism on the same level as AA's. She's basically saying that if it weren't for said legacy, AA's would be excelling on level with Nigerians or better. Do you disagree with this? :francis:

African Americans have a educated and wealthy class that exceeds the African immigrant's in terms of raw numbers, not percentages. Immigrants excelling is a product of low population numbers and self-selection as much as "not having the legacy of systematic racism and slavery."

I don't view the "potential" of Black America as going to Ivy leagues for degrees and going to be doctors and lawyers for White men. Sorry.

Nah, they even stated that AA immigrants in Africa tend to extremely successful, pointing out the fact that immigrants are indeed self-selected and move for the purpose of work/making money etc.

No ONE person said that after the rest of the panel cosigned the earlier nonsense.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Will be interesting to see how the AA's react to this discussion next week :yeshrug:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The BS in this video

lol... I remember when I said that Mexicans had more of an understanding to white supremacy than African immigrants some of these Africans came out the flood gate on some :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I don't give a shyt if anyone says, I am never backtracking from that statement... This is why I said AAs NEED to drop our racialized label for more of an ethnic one before we do anything else.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
The BS in this video

I was waiting on you :dead:, I keep telling nikkas about Africans, my family IRL don't believe me:why: