The Grapevine: Africans, AA's and Caribbeans

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
There actually wasn't much shea butter twitter shyt during the discussion.
One shorty on the panel talked about how she went to several West African countries and talked about how she got called a slave twice while there.
One scenario was that some man was bragging about how his family were responsible for selling black people to Europeans. He said my grandfather sold the weak African's into slavery, you're one of the weak African's. The other instance was some African breh was trying to spit game her way and she wasn't feeling him so like dudes in the states do when a girl isn't feeling them they say "fukk you bytch, I didn't want you anyway" but instead the African breh straight up called her a slave due to being rejected. Another shorty on the panel talked about how she was dating an African breh. She pretty much grew up with him, same neighborhood and all. But when they started getting serious he didn't introduce her to his mother because she was AA. One breh talked about how he used to make fun of people for their accents and he attempted to connect that to the contention that Africans have with AA's/Diasporans. A few people talked about some of the opinions that they've heard African's express about them. The same female who talked about being called a slave also talked about how she was at this history class that was discussing the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The attendance was mostly continental African's with some AA's mixed in. When the details of the slavery became graphic specifically when things like castration got brought up a lot of the African students were giggling.
I really didn't see or hear all this shea butter shyt ya'll nikkas was talking about.
:patrice:

Edit: typos​

Last edited:

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When the details of the slavery became graphic specifically when things like castration got brought up a lot of the African students were giggling

:picard: My boy told me that growing up in Nigeria they never taught him about the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. He didn't learn anything about slavery til he move to the states and started attending Grambling.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I watched the bit about ppl giggling in class, but didn't get to the part where ppl called her a slave :picard:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I absolutely want to titillate them titties, but the fact that she point blank said there is a rift is :scust:.....Africooon shiit....

I'd still smash, but with a :stopitslime: face...

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
There actually wasn't much shea butter twitter shyt during the discussion.
One shorty on the panel talked about how she went to several West African countries and talked about how she got called a slave twice while there.
One scenario was that some man was bragging about how his family were responsible for selling black people to Europeans. He said my grandfather sold the weak African's into slavery, you're one of the weak African's. The other instance was some African breh was trying to spit game her way and she wasn't feeling him so like dudes in the states do when a girl isn't feeling them they say "fukk you bytch, I didn't want you anyway" but instead the African breh straight up called her a slave due to being rejected. Another shorty on the panel talked about how she was dating an African breh. She pretty much grew up with him, same neighborhood and all. But when they started getting serious he didn't introduce her to his mother because she was AA. One breh talked about how he used to make fun of people for their accents and he attempted to connect that to the contention that Africans have with AA's/Diasporans. A few people talked about some of the opinions that they've heard African's express about them. The same female who talked about being called a slave also talked about how she was at this history class that was discussing the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The attendance was mostly continental African's with some AA's mixed in. When the details of the slavery became graphic specifically when things like castration got brought up a lot of the African students were giggling.
I really didn't see or hear all this shea butter shyt ya'll nikkas was talking about.
:patrice:

Edit: typos​

This is cac tier shyt. The world really does shyt on us.

I'd like to see the day we're finally on top. fukk this shyt