The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:beli: so it's one of those movies, huh?

It's the main theme of the entire film bra, the maintenance of perception and image within the different roles of our lives, and the pains we go through to keep them in status quo.

That's what I got from the film at least. And I think that may be the key behind the ridiculous flash back scenes, with their over the top dialogue and how you can barely hear them. It's because most people's memories are are more faulty than they like to admit, but a favorable memory is just one tool in maintaining that image and perception, or tampering with it. (I'm hoping that's the case, and not just shytty audio, which blows my whole reading of the film up :mjcry:)

I'm usally pretty easygoing with plotholes and ridiculous stories but the FBI just leaning back in their chairs and propping their feet on the desk like, "alright that was easy fellas" was the biggest :dwillhuh: part of the story to me.

On a slightly unrelated note, was this the shyttiest set of trailers before a movie you've ever seen. Into the Wood, that fukking super spy movie with Samuel L., that Nicholas Sparks adaptation film which just looked like a bad parody. That's probably the first time I saw a film and didn't see a single film I wanted to see in trailers
xTnqfVU.png

Besides Inherent Vice of course.

But I wanted another Zodiac. Fincher delivered, partially :mjcry:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It got a little over stylized and over the top, with the FBI scene, where she is still covered in dudes blood…I'm thinking that would be cleaned off within a few hours of admitted into a hospital….You can kind of take the whole movie as a dark, urban fairy tale about marriage and relationships, and it kind of transcends reality at times.

And, yes, they would get detailed statements, anytime there is a murder involved, self defense or not…This is a flaw in the book too, in some ways, theres no way her story would hold up very well, long term.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
On a slightly unrelated note, was this the shyttiest set of trailers before a movie you've ever seen. Into the Wood, that fukking super spy movie with Samuel L., that Nicholas Sparks adaptation film which just looked like a bad parody. That's probably the first time I saw a film and didn't see a single film I wanted to see in trailers
xTnqfVU.png

Besides Inherent Vice of course.

My friend and I were just clowinin' on those corny ass trailers. The fact than Tak3n isn't R rated and is using the same plot as the Max Payne movie. The fact that Fury looks:yawn: The fact that a movie about Steven fukking Hawking looks like it was written by Nicholas Sparks. The fact that there weren't any black people in a movie about Egypt. I was on a roll :mj:

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was pretty good. Not as good as the book, but then again most movies aren't. I really liked the actors for the most part, particularly Affleck, dikkens, Perry (he was a pleasant surprise and funny), and c00n. I wasn't really sold on Pike playing Amy, but that particular character is probably hard for any actress to nail. She did OK.

I am kinda disappointed Desi's death wasn't as gruesome as it was in the book, but I suppose it was nasty enough. Book-Amy was a LOT more sinister and batshyt crazy, imo. The movie sorta sanitized things, but I'm really glad Flynn was the one who adapted the script from her novel. There wasn't an abrupt difference in style/storytelling, and these characters felt like hers. The movie dragged in a few places, but overall it remained compelling. I wish they had shown Amy going full term in her pregnancy before ending it, I think it would have been more unnerving. But the open ending still managed to convey the ending tone of the book.

Overall, I think this was a well done movie. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I think the movie'a true strength comes in casting. Ben Affleck nails the aloof, douche by nature look that Nick was supposed to have with little to no effort. Even the what could be considered stunt casting of Tyler Perry works, as he gives an unexpectedly focused and restrained performance as the lawyer.

I wasn't a fan of Amy and Nick's dialogue in the flashbacks, but when taking into account that they were from the diary that was meant to build their relationship up to unrealistic heights to sensationalize the false details of its demise, it makes sense.

Having seen the movie, I definitely want to read the book now. I imagine that the mirroring of the two halves of the story has to be even more insane in text.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It got a little over stylized and over the top, with the FBI scene, where she is still covered in dudes blood…I'm thinking that would be cleaned off within a few hours of admitted into a hospital….You can kind of take the whole movie as a dark, urban fairy tale about marriage and relationships, and it kind of transcends reality at times.

And, yes, they would get detailed statements, anytime there is a murder involved, self defense or not…This is a flaw in the book too, in some ways, theres no way her story would hold up very well, long term.

The general rule if you are raped is never to clean yourself off until AFTER being examined. That explains why she was still looking how she looked. Also, the FBI really did not CARE to look further into it. Nobody, even in real life, typically try to dig deeper into something that is basically appears open and shut. As long they got the video, as well as the semen, and the examination of her vaginal area and anal consistent with rape, there was nothing ELSE for them to really dig further, plus no evidence or anyone ELSE trying to challenge it.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw it yesterday in a theater that was filled with females..so that should have been my clue that this was a story garnered to females...

Didn't read the book so as I was watching it all go down I was shocked as hell to see that bytch set him up.

After the last scene played and she gave him that look that said "Yeah I got you for life nikka :youngsabo:" and when the screen faded I said, "NAH! :merchant:"

While leaving the theater I walked past this couple and the husband looked at me and said "That bytch is fukking crazy right :skip:" and his wife just said, "Guess y'all didn't read the book" while giving us this look that said "It could happen to you :youngsabo:"

That shyt was a horror movie for men...

Good movie tho :obama:

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it yesterday in a theater that was filled with female..so that should have been my clue that this was a story garnered to females...

Didn't read the book so as I was watching it all go down I was shocked as hell to see that bytch sent him up.

After the last scene played and she gave him that look that said "Yeah I got you for life nikka :youngsabo:" and when the screen faded I said, "NAH! :merchant:"

While leaving the theater I walked past this couple and the husband looked at me and said "That bytch is fukking crazy right :skip:" and his wife just said, "Guess y'all didn't read the book" while giving us this look that said "It could happen to you :youngsabo:"

That shyt was a horror movie for men...

Good movie tho :obama:

This is how I felt after I saw it. Any clown can get easily trapped. Definitely one of the scariest movies I've seen in recent memory.
`

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The general rule if you are raped is never to clean yourself off until AFTER being examined. That explains why she was still looking how she looked. Also, the FBI really did not CARE to look further into it. Nobody, even in real life, typically try to dig deeper into something that is basically appears open and shut. As long they got the video, as well as the semen, and the examination of her vaginal area and anal consistent with rape, there was nothing ELSE for them to really dig further, plus no evidence or anyone ELSE trying to challenge it.

Appreciate your enthusiasm here, but you really don't need to defend these little points, I am not trying to pick apart flaws, it's clear that unflinching realism isn't what Fincher was going for in the last act, or even the entire movie…I am not an expert in rape kits and post hospital admittance procedure, but I'm pretty sure the rape kit was done first, then an exam, then even going by you logic, she would WASH THE MANS BLOOD OFF HER NECK. That FBI interview took places hours lately, seemingly. And, she still didn't clean it until the shower scene, what 24-36 hours later? It's symbolism and it looked cool, and Fincher loves that kind of shyt, I'm not mad at it, but lets not act like it's some documentary style filmmaking here.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Movie was dope, it was just too long. Movie felt like it originally had a run time of over 3 hours but management was like we need to have that shyt at 2 1/2 tops.

My biggest take away from this always be alert when it comes to bytches. Especially sophisticated bytches with degrees. bytch used all of his flaws against him.

And as soon as those drifters saw that money fall, she should've left that night :snoop: