The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
As far as the ending I didn't buy that either.
No way would you tell this crazy woman you're leaving her. You just do it. What man is gonna be trapped in that? He didn't have sex with her so why would he think he was the father? If anything I would think it was the gay dude who was the father[/spoiler[
You obviously didn't read the book and that's OK. There's a lot more detail in the book that fleshes out everyone's motivations. The movie just couldn't get to everything and I could see how some of it could seem vague.

As someone who did read the book, I thought they did a great job and the casting was absolutely perfect. They glossed over some details and changed some things from the book that would have helped, but they couldn't make the movie four hours. I do hope there is a director's cut when it releases on blu.

The ending is a bit different from the book and I thought it was much better.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So.....yeah. Anyone else fairly disappointed in this one?

I enjoyed it, and I liked a lot of what Fincher did, and the performances were pretty great....

....but the plot man. :beli:

So the cops buy her story but no one seems to notice the lack of a headwound?

I liked the way it worked as a commentary on the way "crime TV" can distort facts and destroy a case, but the main story just sort of collapsed around itself.

6/10

One of my least favorite Fincher films.

Amy was a master manipulator and thrives in playing on peoples perceptions. The FBI sees a bloodied up wife that was missing for over a month, they would ignore the little shyt, because she already pulled their emotions. The same way she banked on people to hate Nick.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You haven't paid much attention to the film.... but the reasons are
She saved his sperm and lied about not going to the clinic. And the truth of him staying is because he, in a sick kind of way, is still in love with her, just like she's still in love with him, which was her real excuse to murder Desi and go back to Nick.
I dont remember that part. Did that person tell them they did that. When did they do that (too tired to ut spoilers

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont remember that part. Did that person tell them they did that. When did they do that (too tired to ut spoilers

That's why you had to pay attention. Amy's monologue midway in the movie showed that she kept it hidden in the kitchen cabinet.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As far as the ending I didn't buy that either.
No way would you tell this crazy woman you're leaving her. You just do it. What man is gonna be trapped in that? He didn't have sex with her so why would he think he was the father? If anything I would think it was the gay dude who was the father[/spoiler[
It was established early on that Affleck's character was a bit of a man-child doofus who had very little guile about him. That was why he could be manipulated so easily by his wife.
As for the baby she told him she used the semen samples that he thought were destroyed from the fertility clinic to get pregnant. They even had a scene explaining it.

As for the movie itself...I loved it. everyone in the cast was perfect (even Tyler fukking Perry), Rosamund Pike is a lock for a Best Actress nomination and she deserves it because she was a revelation in this role. I think Affleck is going to get ignored though which is a shame because Ben acted his ass off in a very subtle but stellar performance.

I was expecting a much bigger departure from the book's ending but even still that was about my only complaint as minor as it is.