The "Gone Girl" Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
8.5/10

Fincher did it again. (If you're looking for an actual review, hit up RT. )

It's a best picture lock is all I'll say.

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This movie brings "get married breh" to a whole new level. Look I enjoyed Ben Affleck (and I"m not a super fan). But he did a good job. Better then he did in Argo (I loved Argo, I just didn't like him for the role). In this film, he really convinced me to hate him. Same thing with his wife. She did a dope job despite me hating her as well. Tyler Perry held his own (yes, the world must be ending for me to say that.) Though I felt at times, Ben Affleck didn't really respect him.

Without giving the plot away, I could only suspend disbelief for too long. Then to me, it just became an over the top plot. Too many holes I could punch into. Bump it I gotta go into spoiler mode.

She originally planned for a suicide? Did she really think when they found her body that they would think it was murder? The Punch and Judy doll? I don't see how that would have worked against him. It's obvious she did that. Why not reveal that to the police to show he was set up? Wouldn't there have been evidence that he foresics evidnece he never touched her diary? That she was the one who put it there? I could go on but again, it's just too much stuff for me to suspend disbelief that she actually thought she could get away with the original plot.

The movie did a good job to show it's all about perception. And how the media potrays things. As we see with these NFL cases. But again, I found it hard to believe that no further investigation would be done. Particarly because he taped everything.

If people love this movie I would have no problem. But it's way too much stuff that didn't make sense to me. But it's some great performances in here. Wouldn't be surprised if his wife was nominated for Best Actress.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As far as the ending I didn't buy that either.
No way would you tell this crazy woman you're leaving her. You just do it. What man is gonna be trapped in that? He didn't have sex with her so why would he think he was the father? If anything I would think it was the gay dude who was the father[/spoiler[

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So.....yeah. Anyone else fairly disappointed in this one?

I enjoyed it, and I liked a lot of what Fincher did, and the performances were pretty great....

....but the plot man. :beli:

So the cops buy her story but no one seems to notice the lack of a headwound?

I liked the way it worked as a commentary on the way "crime TV" can distort facts and destroy a case, but the main story just sort of collapsed around itself.

6/10

One of my least favorite Fincher films.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm peepin it tomorrow.

I'ma start calling you "Mr. Day 1" breh :jawalrus:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as the ending I didn't buy that either.
No way would you tell this crazy woman you're leaving her. You just do it. What man is gonna be trapped in that? He didn't have sex with her so why would he think he was the father? If anything I would think it was the gay dude who was the father[/spoiler[

You haven't paid much attention to the film.... but the reasons are
She saved his sperm and lied about not going to the clinic. And the truth of him staying is because he, in a sick kind of way, is still in love with her, just like she's still in love with him, which was her real excuse to murder Desi and go back to Nick.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This MOVIE... :blessed:

Fincher is a master when it comes to that dark bleek disturbing filmmaking. In spite of it going to the extreme, it truly examines the twisted aspect of marriage and the confusion of reality versus perception. Everyone whereas a mask and people are guilty trying to mold others who they aren't to the point where you do not know who these people really are!

And Rosumond Pike deserves an Oscar nomination!!