The GOAT Black Comic Book Superhero

Which Black Comic Superhero is the GOAT??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther followed by Storm.

It'd probably be Storm if she wasn't being smutted out by the X-Men.

I'd argue Static is third followed by Cage and John Stewart.

I like Falcon but he shouldn't even be on the list.

Glaring omissions would be Spawn (folks always forget he was black), Spectrum, John Henry Irons aka Steel, and Icon.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Panther, then Storm.

but as far as dropping names go, has no one mentioned Blue Marvel?
Blue_Marvel_vs_King_Hyperion_drawn_by_M.C._Wyman_-_Age_of_Heroes_-3.jpg

bluemarvel20.jpg

One of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. Matter manipulation, Flight, Super Strength, Speed, invulnerability .etc

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Black Panther followed by Storm.

It'd probably be Storm if she wasn't being smutted out by the X-Men.

I'd argue Static is third followed by Cage and John Stewart.

I like Falcon but he shouldn't even be on the list.

Glaring omissions would be Spawn (folks always forget he was black), Spectrum, John Henry Irons aka Steel, and Icon.

The Falcon is the FIRST African American superhero (not first black superhero) so he deserves precedent on the list, also his partnership with Captain America led to some the best stories I personally have ever read.

Didn't include Spawn because as a character I feel like he fell off from the 90's. And would you REALLY include Spectrum, Steel and Icon GOAT candidates?

I admit I should've included Blade though.

What I tried to do was showcase those black superheroes who were trailblazers or innovators in some sort of fashion, who paved the way for other black heroes to shine. Ex. Luke Cage being the first African American to have his own series, BP being the first black superhero, Storm being the first black female superhero, Static being the first black teenaged superhero to headline an animated show, etc.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Falcon is the FIRST African American superhero (not first black superhero) so he deserves precedent on the list, also his partnership with Captain America led to some the best stories I personally have ever read.

Didn't include Spawn because as a character I feel like he fell off from the 90's. And would you REALLY include Spectrum, Steel and Icon GOAT candidates?

I admit I should've included Blade though

The problem with Falcon is that he doesn't have much of an existence outside of Cap. I love the the character but Marvel has made it a point no to develop him as much as they should.

I don't even like Spawn, but he probably should have been mentioned. I personal feel like his comics were always wack.

Yeah, Spectrum and Steel should be GOAT candidates. Spectrum was leading the Avengers for a good while at high point for the franchise, she was also a central character of Nextwave and is now field leader of the Mighty Avengers.

John Henry Irons was the second most successful Reign of Superman character. He had that done story in 52, and his solo series by Simonson and later Priest was dope (though slept on). New 52 version is trash though.

With Blade you got a character who has some dope movies but has few truly great comic book appearances. The recent shyt in Mighty Avengers is the best showing the character has had since Hudlin's Black Panther run.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I tried to do was showcase those black superheroes who were trailblazers or innovators in some sort of fashion, who paved the way for other black heroes to shine. Ex. Luke Cage being the first African American to have his own series, BP being the first black superhero, Storm being the first black female superhero, Static being the first black teenaged superhero to headline an animated show, etc.

Oh ok, i see what you was going for now :salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Storm being the first black female superhero
Just an FYI to be factually accurate and since we are discussing black superheroes...the first black female super-hero was actually in an independent comic called Hell-Rider (about a black marine turned kung-fu master/bike riding crime fighter). The lady in question was a supporting character (her adventures were in the backup to Hell-Rider's stories) to Hell-Rider named The Butterfly.
TZws0Kp.jpg

"The Butterfly is African-American singer/superheroine Marian Michaels, whose costume is equipped with bright lights to blind adversaries, a jet pack for flying, and suction cups for climbing."

So Storm is the most famous but she wasn't the first.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn nobody ever shows love to Isiah Bradley's son Josiah...

What Priest did was incredibly fukking ballsy a the time. He made "Truth" canon and introduced a character who's creation was due to institutional racism, had him be a former member of the Black Panther's, made him Muslim, and drapped him in the America flag, all in a post 9/11 world.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
His Grandson Eli also

YA2-1.jpg
I think one of the reasons I am not feeling that new Young Avengers comic (aside from it reading like it was written by and for hipster douchebags) is because they aren't using Eli or even showing the character any respect.