"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I never really considered that SW power circle to be bougie. They just look out for each other and they play the game to win. As a kid I always envied those SW nikkas. Used to wish I was from Cascade so bad. My end is cool and I love that shyt but the type of dude I am I always considered myself more of a SW type of nikka. I just like how they move down there.

I tell transplants all the time, that's where the older black folks with money stay(ed). Not Alpharetta, not Sandy Springs, not Dunwoody, not anywhere up North. One of my mom's friends from college had a nice ass crib off Cascade. I used to love going over there playing video games in their basement, playing basketball, all that.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I tell transplants all the time, that's where the older black folks with money stay(ed). Not Alpharetta, not Sandy Springs, not Dunwoody, not anywhere up North. One of my mom's friends from college had a nice ass crib off Cascade. I used to love going over there playing video games in their basement, playing basketball, all that.

Cascade Skate Center :lawd:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
preach, thats how me and my gf are

have to live somewhere with some culture, dont think I could ever move OTP too far
if you're gonna move OTP, go Kennessaw, anywhere else you're just playing, though Sandy Springs/Dunwoody or Johns Creek is second tier

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
if you're gonna move OTP, go Kennessaw, anywhere else you're just playing, though Sandy Springs/Dunwoody or Johns Creek is second tier

:obama: I could live in Gwinnett. The females alone would make it worth while to me.
:ohlawd:All those bad Dominican, Brazilian, Korean, Haitian, Punjabi and African broads. My baby mama out there somewhere. She just don't know it yet. I make that drive up 85 on the regular to scoop.

Barnacles :noah:.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Perimeter a tier BELOW Kennesaw? :why:

Kennesaw is a pretty nice area but it ain't fukking with Perimeter. :childplease:

Negged.

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

My grandparents house is right off Cascade and 285 and all those homes going from Cascade Heights past 285 into unincorporated Fulton County just get nicer & nicer. Even the homes off Camp Creek goin towards Fulton Industrial will put some of those mansions in Duluth & Alpharetta to shame and it's all black owned. shyt is inspiring :wow:

C'mon man. Now Kennesaw/Acworth does have some really nice homes, but it's not hitting on Sandy Springs/Dunwoody. Never really been in Johns Creek like that

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My grandparents house is right off Cascade and 285 and all those homes going from Cascade Heights past 285 into unincorporated Fulton County just get nicer & nicer. Even the homes off Camp Creek goin towards Fulton Industrial will put some of those mansions in Duluth & Alpharetta to shame and it's all black owned. shyt is inspiring :wow:

C'mon man. Now Kennesaw/Acworth does have some really nice homes, but it's not hitting on Sandy Springs/Dunwoody. Never really been in Johns Creek like that

Atlanta is truly the GOAT city. :win: Seeing middle class/affluent majority Black neighborhoods in abundance is just :ahh:.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I was on Yelp searching for a place for and my coworkers to hit for lunch. Typed in "Midtown Atlanta" first thing came up was Baton Bob :dead:

Don't forget to click restaurants brehs:mjlol:

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
:obama: I could live in Gwinnett. The females alone would make it worth while to me.
:ohlawd:All those bad Dominican, Brazilian, Korean, Haitian, Punjabi and African broads. My baby mama out there somewhere. She just don't know it yet. I make that drive up 85 on the regular to scoop.

Barnacles :noah:.
I live super close to barnacles and oddly enough never been there. It's always packed. Isn't it supposed to be kinda ratchet in there?

daemonova

Daps
Perimeter a tier BELOW Kennesaw? :why:

Kennesaw is a pretty nice area but it ain't fukking with Perimeter. :childplease:

Negged.

no, if you're looking for convenience the move is perimeter, if you looking for room, the move is Kennesaw, i understand if you looking for nightlife, Perimeter is the pinnacle, but once the party is over, I going home to Kennesaw.

daemonova

Daps
I live super close to barnacles and oddly enough never been there. It's always packed. Isn't it supposed to be kinda ratchet in there?
ratchet is a good thing, but I move beyond gwinnett/tucker in 2005

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Think I may move my ass back to Alpharetta at some point. I'm not about that city life :mjcry:

I love being in the city but I'm just now finding out how common breakins are here from speaking to nearby neighbors after my crib got broken into Tuesday.

I miss the comfort of being OTP