"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:wow:
I forgot all about Peppermint Music. They had one in West End and Greenbriar back in the day. Peppermint was my shyt until I started fukking with the Oomp Camp stores.

Not really surprised about South Dekalb tho. Dekalb nikkas have officially let they nuts drop. It was never sweet out there but it seems like the last 3-5 years they got more crime than Atlanta.
I think Ol Girl getting killed at the gas station by the 3 teens about to have the Dekalb officials and Police on another level.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think Ol Girl getting killed at the gas station by the 3 teens about to have the Dekalb officials and Police on another level.

many folks in Dekalb are folks who got pushed out the city and moved there with section 8 vouchers so Dekalb and Clayco became the new hot spots for the reckless gang type crimes while intown crimes have just become more petty and stuff. Dekalb Co probably has the most Home invasions in the states.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
many folks in Dekalb are folks who got pushed out the city and moved there with section 8 vouchers so Dekalb and Clayco became the new hot spots for the reckless gang type crimes while intown crimes have just become more petty and stuff. Dekalb Co probably has the most Home invasions in the states.
:ehh: Didn't even know about that, I was like why the fuk South Dekalb so crazy these days..I used to be on Glenwood all the time with no real problem, now I don't even stop for gas in that muthafuka.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:ehh: Didn't even know about that, I was like why the fuk South Dekalb so crazy these days..I used to be on Glenwood all the time with no real problem, now I don't even stop for gas in that muthafuka.

Yea you have a mix of People who may have been born in town and moved out there in 95-97 when everyone was getting houses, then when the housing Crisis happened and homes were foreclosing janky investors bought tons of properties CHEAP and began renting them out to section 8. Nothing wrong with people who need assistance but we all know its a lot of folks on that Bull, with wild kids. So you literally have a street in dekalb where half the homes could have Section 8 tenants and one is abandoned, and then a few families who were able to keep their homes. Most of the people who lived in Dekalb when I was coming up in Stone Mountain/Decatur moved to South Gwinnett which is why that area is damn near majority Black now, and you have kids like the Migos, when I was growing up EVERYONE from that county was a square, but things have changed.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

On the westside most of those folks from the projects just moved to the southside or Douglasville. And I'm sure nikkas from Eastlake probably moved to Dekalb but I think most of that shyt in Dekalb is from nikkas who grew up there.

Been saying for years Dekalb was going to be a problem. Transplants didn't move to my side. It seemed like all the out of town nikkas both good and bad back in the day moved out there. Now it's 20 years later and they kids have hopped off the porch and what you got now is a 70% minority population in a county that was already corrupt as fukk. That shyt is a recipe for disaster. Dekalb is basically PG County Maryland with the same type of drama but without the easy access to federal money to keep it somewhat straight

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
On the westside most of those folks from the projects just moved to the southside or Douglasville. And I'm sure nikkas from Eastlake probably moved to Dekalb but I think most of that shyt in Dekalb is from nikkas who grew up there.

Been saying for years Dekalb was going to be a problem. Transplants didn't move to my side. It seemed like all the out of town nikkas both good and bad back in the day moved out there. Now it's 20 years later and they kids have hopped off the porch and what you got now is a 70% minority population in a county that was already corrupt as fukk. That shyt is a recipe for disaster. Dekalb is basically PG County Maryland with the same type of drama but without the easy access to federal money to keep it somewhat straight

I mean growing up we always had our own issues on the East, but it could just be a generational thing. Lotta kids aint about that slanging dope life, which is why kick doors have become the thing to do.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I mean growing up we always had our own issues on the East, but it could just be a generational thing. Lotta kids aint about that slanging dope life, which is why kick doors have become the thing to do.
:mindblown:
Yeah I can't understand that
These young nikkas have 0 interest in selling dope. All they want to do is rob nikkas, knock off stores and break in houses. It definitely is a generational thing. That's not just on the east. Little nikkas on the west on the same shyt

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:mindblown:
Yeah I can't understand that
These young nikkas have 0 interest in selling dope. All they want to do is rob nikkas, knock off stores and break in houses. It definitely is a generational thing. That's not just on the east. Little nikkas on the west on the same shyt

They have no interest because they are on the Dope. These kids are literally Js lol. Look into the face off these kids they look like zombies popping these pills and on this lean. When I was in HS you had cats selling dope and still healthy enough to play Football or B ball (up until they drop out/get kicked outta school), these dudes now to lazy to do anything. In my day fights in school were a norm, and gun play was last resort, now dudes have zero hands and just shoot, the Crazy thing is I`m not even that old lol I was in HS 03-07.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They have no interest because they are on the Dope. These kids are literally Js lol. Look into the face off these kids they look like zombies popping these pills and on this lean. When I was in HS you had cats selling dope and still healthy enough to play Football or B ball (up until they drop out/get kicked outta school), these dudes now to lazy to do anything. In my day fights in school were a norm, and gun play was last resort, now dudes have zero hands and just shoot, the Crazy thing is I`m not even that old lol I was in HS 03-07.

I don't even think we have seen the worst of it. Xanax and Lean is just the beginning. Real shyt I'm kinda worried about 5-10 years down the road. nikkas ain't really talking about it and I don't think folks really have pieced it together yet but Meth is becoming a problem in the hood. Folks still think it's a redneck rural drug but it's starting to pop up in inner cities now. Saw the shyt for the first time a few years ago out in LA. Never saw Black people tweeking before then. Now I'm hearing about nikkas in the A selling it. Seen some Black tweekers myself in Ben Hill and Clayco. And I'm sure it's in other cities now too. We gotta get that shyt in check. If it takes off it'll be 10 times as worse as crack

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't even think we have seen the worst of it. Xanax and Lean is just the beginning. Real shyt I'm kinda worried about 5-10 years down the road. nikkas ain't really talking about it and I don't think folks really have pieced it together yet but Meth is becoming a problem in the hood. Folks still think it's a redneck rural drug but it's starting to pop up in inner cities now. Saw the shyt for the first time a few years ago out in LA. Never saw Black people tweeking before then. Now I'm hearing about nikkas in the A selling it. Seen some Black tweekers myself in Ben Hill and Clayco. And I'm sure it's in other cities now too. We gotta get that shyt in check. If it takes off it'll be 10 times as worse as crack
its mind-blowing, hood folks hanging with these suburban kids because when I was in School if we heard you did any drug other than Weed you would be roasted to oblivion.