"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
In fairness everyone always things it's going to be different. Not saying it won't be but I'm just saying...............

That said, there are several in-town neighborhoods and those purchase buy general residents are already happening. I just sold my house in SW ATL for full price. If someone isn't already looking at those areas that have homes they are already a bit behind. Trying to wade into the areas that need a total face lift is risky like you mentioned.

Just throwing my perspective in as an older native and having just sold out of the area.

You used to stay in the SWATS too? :krs:

Where you was at breh? I was in Adams Park for the longest, my folks still own the home we lived in over there

@CashmereEsquire I'm interested to see how the Beltline truly impacts the Westside...my grandparents stay near the West End in Westview and that area over there, has been dilapidated for the longest. It has potential like many of the areas you named but I'm skeptical of what kind of change to expect.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
what made you leave SWATs if I may ask? Where did you end up going?
Petty crime primarily, annoying shyt that wasn't getting better. I rented a small apartment near Briarcliff, taking a year plus to figure out my next move.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Petty crime primarily, annoying shyt that wasn't getting better. I rented a small apartment near Briarcliff, taking a year plus to figure out my next move.
Oh ok, i bought a spot last yr next to the AUC. Crime is minimized if you are street smart and the way insee it my mortgage is cheap so im saving money so if the new stadium doesnt make the area improve right away i can rent the property to college kids if i decide to get another home down the line.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Oh ok, i bought a spot last yr next to the AUC. Crime is minimized if you are street smart and the way insee it my mortgage is cheap so im saving money so if the new stadium doesnt make the area improve right away i can rent the property to college kids if i decide to get another home down the line.
There is limits on that. I don't knock anyone for it but it was starting to have to much of an impact in multiple areas of my life.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Nah I lived in Adams Park and my car got broken into at least 5-10 times, house got attempted to be broken into. It has nothing to do with street smarts, more about the reality of the environment. We moved from the SWATS to Vinings ASAP b/c my fiancée had lived up this way and we had a small child. As much as I rep the 4, shyt just wasn't worth it

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You used to stay in the SWATS too? :krs:

Where you was at breh? I was in Adams Park for the longest, my folks still own the home we lived in over there

@CashmereEsquire I'm interested to see how the Beltline truly impacts the Westside...my grandparents stay near the West End in Westview and that area over there, has been dilapidated for the longest. It has potential like many of the areas you named but I'm skeptical of what kind of change to expect.
I was in Capitol View for 6 years or so.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah I lived in Adams Park and my car got broken into at least 5-10 times, house got attempted to be broken into. It has nothing to do with street smarts, more about the reality of the environment. We moved from the SWATS to Vinings ASAP b/c my fiancée had lived up this way and we had a small child. As much as I rep the 4, shyt just wasn't worth it
I guess lol im on a good street and havent had issues, hell i stay seeing Curtis snow by the crib too, most folks are chill unless they see a sweet lick.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I guess lol im on a good street and havent had issues, hell i stay seeing Curtis snow by the crib too, most folks are chill unless they see a sweet lick.

I mean Adams Park is Cascade & Delowe area...it's kinda middle class, educated, close enough to the hood, but not hood itself. I mean I had people try to hot wire my car, knock out my ignition, high school kids broke into my car twice in one wk and my car at the time was a fukkin Chrysler Sebring. The SWATS is my hood, but I ain't living there again till I can afford a house in a gated community. fukk the bullshyt :camby:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I mean Adams Park is Cascade & Delowe area...it's kinda middle class, educated, close enough to the hood, but not hood itself. I mean I had people try to hot wire my car, knock out my ignition, high school kids broke into my car twice in one wk and my car at the time was a fukkin Chrysler Sebring. The SWATS is my hood, but I ain't living there again till I can afford a house in a gated community. fukk the bullshyt :camby:
Well of course those areas tend to have more petty crime since they are areas where people actually have stuff compared to da bluff, washington park, etc. if i end up having a big family id move into something gates inthe cascade area

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Lookin for a cheap 1 bedroom for September.

SWATS in East Point is where I'm lookin. I just need a year there to get back on my feet. Hopefully I don't deal with the bullshyt @The ADD had

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Drop some dope sports bars... I need a new spot besides hudson grille/taco mac/Stats