"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
sophomore and i'm a marketing major currently. I'm trying to find a major that will allow me to make a decent living.

Finance is great, you literally run everything.

If i have one word of advice, APPLY to the MLT program. They place you at 100k+ jobs out of undergrad.

Apply to diversity leadership conferences at citi, delloite, morgan stanley, wells fargo, all one week programs that look great on the resume and its not hard to get into.

Prynce

Daps
Finance is great, you literally run everything.

If i have one word of advice, APPLY to the MLT program. They place you at 100k+ jobs out of undergrad.

Apply to diversity leadership conferences at citi, delloite, morgan stanley, wells fargo, all one week programs that look great on the resume and its not hard to get into.
:salute: good looking out breh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:to: I'm just trying to figure out a career path.
:manny: Marketing has gotten me a 3.5 gpa tho

What was your major? :lupe:
Computer information systems. GPA doesnt mean much unless you are trying to get into graduate development programs many companies have. Im just gonna tell you know find something you enjoy doing and the money wjll come. Dont pick a major you hate because it potentially pays will, careers arent gaurenteed so you need to go a route that you wouldnt mind doing even if you dont make much money initially.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Mixed income = they pick a select few people on section 8 who can live in the new places, they did this with Atlantic Station when it first opened for example. Even then Young Black Middle Class should be moving intown and rebuilding the old hoods of the westside that are along the Beltline before white folks do to it like they are currently doing to the Eastside and southeast atlanta. You have Tech Square BOOMING looking for millennial talent, and young blacks are moving to Cobb and douglassville distancing themselves from the real action. The Westside of ATL has TONS of store fronts and decent industrial parks, a Black owned bank,a HS, middle, elementary schools, KIPP learning centers, and 3 privateHBCUs,etc., it literally has the barebones to be a self sufficient Black Community.
Me and few of my boys are actually in the beginning stages of putting together something to start buying up property on the westside. Once that stadium is built and the super bowl comes :eat:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Me and few of my boys are actually in the beginning stages of putting together something to start buying up property on the westside. Once that stadium is built and the super bowl comes :eat:
Proceed with caution. A lot of people said the same thing in the 90's and what changed...............................

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Proceed with caution. A lot of people said the same thing in the 90's and what changed...............................
True but this go round is diff, tech square is booming and downtown is going to be re developped, so there is a need for intown neighborhoods with all the companies and start ups flooding in. Either way black folks cant wait for someone else to develop an area and then cry gentrification is evill. If dudes want to develop ish that dope, if dudes want to buy a bando and just sit on it then lol they can enjoy wasiting their money.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
True but this go round is diff, tech square is booming and downtown is going to be re developped, so there is a need for intown neighborhoods with all the companies and start ups flooding in. Either way black folks cant wait for someone else to develop an area and then cry gentrification is evill. If dudes want to develop ish that dope, if dudes want to buy a bando and just sit on it then lol they can enjoy wasiting their money.
In fairness everyone always things it's going to be different. Not saying it won't be but I'm just saying...............

That said, there are several in-town neighborhoods and those purchase buy general residents are already happening. I just sold my house in SW ATL for full price. If someone isn't already looking at those areas that have homes they are already a bit behind. Trying to wade into the areas that need a total face lift is risky like you mentioned.

Just throwing my perspective in as an older native and having just sold out of the area.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
In fairness everyone always things it's going to be different. Not saying it won't be but I'm just saying...............

That said, there are several in-town neighborhoods and those purchase buy general residents are already happening. I just sold my house in SW ATL for full price. If someone isn't already looking at those areas that have homes they are already a bit behind. Trying to wade into the areas that need a total face lift is risky like you mentioned.

Just throwing my perspective in as an older native and having just sold out of the area.

Zone 3 may have further along to go, but zone 1 for example crime is at historic lows, and they have already gotten alot of people out of there so the only thing left of old are old burnt out people. vine city has Mims Park that they are going to develop along with the new stadium, Washington park west end and ashview heights have the Beltline development, etc. the only area that i dont see picking up soon (the next 15-20 yrs)is bankhead as it is too far from the hot spots.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Zone 3 may have further along to go, but zone 1 for example crime is at historic lows, and they have already gotten alot of people out of there so the only thing left of old are old burnt out people. vine city has Mims Park that they are going to develop along with the new stadium, Washington park west end and ashview heights have the Beltline development, etc. the only area that i dont see picking up soon (the next 15-20 yrs)is bankhead as it is too far from the hot spots.

I hope you are correct sir.