"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
^ who ever said that? :dwillhuh:

Anyway, any of y'all brehs a part of this startup/tech wave that's all over the city right now? :lupe: I feel like some of us who are may know the same people
It's the black mecca so I figured it wouldn't have the shyt that's screwing black people over everywhere else.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's the black mecca so I figured it wouldn't have the shyt that's screwing black people over everywhere else.

Whites are moving into downtown & midtown & other neighborhoods in Atlanta proper, but the a ton of suburbs are still majority black..south Fulton, most of DeKalb minus the northeast part, all of Clayton, south Gwinnett..

Folks say it’s the black Mecca cause you can move in a nice subdivision or a middle class neighborhood that’s majority black & live a nice life

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Whites are moving into downtown & midtown & other neighborhoods in Atlanta proper, but the a ton of suburbs are still majority black..south Fulton, most of DeKalb minus the northeast part, all of Clayton, south Gwinnett..

Folks say it’s the black Mecca cause you can move in a nice subdivision or a middle class neighborhood that’s majority black & live a nice life

I don’t agree with this because you can find that in most places. We are talking about the suburbs here which is outside the city limits.

Atlanta has been the black Mecca for me simply because it’s a fun city for black folks, with positive energy, and good network source for black folks. Also black entertainment is strong out there.

I could find a cheap nice subdivision in south Florida but the black atmosphere there isn’t as fun and all around as Atlanta’s.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
then overnight they found a woman's body in Stone Mountain near S. Hariston..
I know we were talking about South and North Hariston here a few weeks ago about how bad that area is now but got damn

Crazy when I moved there in the mid 90s it was seen as the promise land for black folks now look at it.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
then overnight they found a woman's body in Stone Mountain near S. Hariston..
I know we were talking about South and North Hariston here a few weeks ago about how bad that area is now but got damn

It was always some crazy shyt happening on Hairston. shyt I went to Towers and Redan, but these new kids are heavy on robbing. This is the season that nikkas seem to get real active to. Stay strapped

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Officer & the suspect have just been pronounced dead :francis:

News said it’s 36 cop cars on Candler. We gotta do better Atlanta

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Think I posted this before. I still don’t understand how Atlanta getting gentrified when all these rappers got money. Ion know much about politics.

Englewood Chicago ain’t getting gentrified crackas trying but they ain’t going for that. Folks here put money back into the community, and if somebody gotta get killed for them to realize they ain’t gentrifying shyt then somebody getting killed.