"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
:dead:

Folks love to stunt man..folks here think you gotta keep up with future, 21, Nudy & these other rappers.

Ain’t nobody gonna get ran up on at Lenox & Buckhead.

Go to Bankhead, Simpson rd, Ashby, south Fulton industrial, old nat or bouldercrest at night and you might see something

Yea You can get shot anywhere. It’s plenty of nikkas that come here and get a false sense of security. Even places like Lithonia are starting to have a lot of murders these days

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea You can get shot anywhere. It’s plenty of nikkas that come here and get a false sense of security. Even places like Lithonia are starting to have a lot of murders these days

Them eastside suburbs hot because its alot of young dumb folks with nothing to do. Intown you see folks more money minded or you just see a ton of burnt out j’s and old people.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Lol Atlanta is tiny. Most these folks saying they from or in ATL dont live in ATL.

The actual city of chicago is huge so of you from the burbs people aint gonna let you claim the chi, but ATL is so tiny you kinda have to include the burbs when talking about the city. So because of this folks will act like gentrification aint going on because their suburban town aint impacted.

Probably has more to do with modern cities.

Tiny cities like DC, Boston and SF don’t claim their suburbs but I notice these are old cities.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Them eastside suburbs hot because its alot of young dumb folks with nothing to do. Intown you see folks more money minded or you just see a ton of burnt out j’s and old people.

Midtown gets it a bit because of its proximity to Bankhead and it’s also within miles of the Bluff. I remember they used to terrorize them lil Asian Tech students.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Tiny cities like DC, Boston and SF don’t claim their suburbs but I notice these are old cities.

All those cities are bigger than ATL i think. And most people outside of DC thinks all the DMV stuff = DC. With the SF think folks really just get away with saying they from the Bay Area if they are from a lesser known suburb or city (anything that aint SF or Oakland).

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Midtown gets it a bit because of its proximity to Bankhead and it’s also within miles of the Bluff. I remember they used to terrorize them lil Asian Tech students.

Lol the bluff aint hot. Just J’s being served by young cats. Eastside is big on kick doors and other stuff. Lot of the intown crime is petty crime

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

Yea newer cities are designed to include suburbs. You can’t compare Boston, Philly, nyc to Houston, Atl, etc because those old cities were designed and fully developed centuries before suburbs were even a concept.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
All those cities are bigger than ATL i think. And most people outside of DC thinks all the DMV stuff = DC. With the SF think folks really just get away with saying they from the Bay Area if they are from a lesser known suburb or city (anything that aint SF or Oakland).

I noticed people who actually live in the district don’t like the “DMV” term and I view The Bay Area term similar to things like Chicagoland or Tri State (NY,NJ, CT)

Many cities that are sprawled out I notice don’t really care too much about the city limits.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yea newer cities are designed to include suburbs. You can’t compare Boston, Philly, nyc to Houston, Atl, etc because those old cities were designed and fully developed centuries before suburbs were even a concept.

Yea it’s funny cause NJ is right across Manhattan where people in those areas have easier and shorter commutes to the city than actual nyc residents but will never ever say they are New Yorkers lol haha.

Meanwhile in Atlanta I was driving as much as 40 minutes away from downtown and still heard people saying “I live in Atlanta”....mostly transplants tho.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Lol the bluff aint hot. Just J’s being served by young cats. Eastside is big on kick doors and other stuff. Lot of the intown crime is petty crime

See you do a kick door in Chicago they gonna be like damn u really needed the money that bad? Why ain’t u get a job or sum...they might get shot too. U just don’t know who crazier. Any nikkas ain’t even kicking doors they just scamming throwing money in strips

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
See you do a kick door in Chicago they gonna be like damn u really needed the money that bad? Why ain’t u get a job or sum...they might get shot too. U just don’t know who crazier. Any nikkas ain’t even kicking doors they just scamming throwing money in strips

Dudes aint bout money and its usually goofy teenagers doing that stuff and there are cases where the home owners kill the kids.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Dudes aint bout money and its usually goofy teenagers doing that stuff and there are cases where the home owners kill the kids.

Yep. There was a nikka from Lithonia that everybody said was a real street nikka and used to kick doors. I did the bank scamming shyt with him and of course he ran off with them money. And the goofy nikkas I did it with was like no bra he ain’t run off I’m like bra he blocked all our numbers.

I was trying find blood when I was back. I wasn’t even mad I was like damn nikka u really coulda just paid the money. But blood was hiding and ducking me

From what I heard he coulda went to the NBA too he was just doing dumb shyt. Got shot in the face in california cuz he ain’t realize other cities ain’t like Atlanta. He doing good now I think he learned his lesson he still scared to talk to me for sum reason I’m like bra I won’t even do nun I woulda if I could.

I’m Chicago u do sum like that u just take the loss, everybody gonna find out and you gonna get the money back. Ain’t even finna be no back and forth with guns.

Atlanta nikkas are good people with good hearts just stuck on dumb shut tryna be street.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ashby still somewhat crazy, Simpson still a heavy dope strip, but Bankhead dead breh, a few streets still hot, Cedar Ave and Center Hill, Baker Rd going back towards Simpson too. But it’s mostly just J’s and old people now. With some white folks moving in here or there. To be honest it never was that hard, Bankhead rode off the rep of Bowen Homes at the end of the day. The bricks was hard, lot of them side streets was actually halfway decent tho. Most of the folks I knew from Bankhead was actually middle class brehs, Collier Heights, Kings Grant nikkas. That’s why dudes from Allen Temple and the 9 always go hard at folks from Bankhead, cuz they knew most of the folks claiming it wasn’t from the Bricks. Which is also why dudes really from Bowen Homes wouldn’t even claim Bankhead like that, B Town was its own thing. They didn’t want to be associated with the side street brehs.

And you can’t do a hood roll call without 4 Seasons, that’s the worst hood in the city right now. Hands down. 9th Ward is close, but New Towne Circle is a shyt show.

4 seasons worse than boulevard?

I wonder why they tore down thomasville but left 4 seasons up