"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Shut down some of them apartments like they did over off of Kensington and close some extended stays like over off of Lavista, and even Candler will be gentrified. The reason why atlanta has been so easy to clear out is because the old folks that used to own property are dying off and leaving to their family. Families taking out second mortgages or selling for a quick buck. Candler road bad areas have zero home owners. Even off of Rainbow its a bunch of renters and section 8. The home owners dont start till way down Flat shoals and Panthersville and even that area is heavy with renters. Renters dont own and have no say so they can be moved out quickly. Its happening all across America. I just wished some savvy blk folks would make some money off it as well. If the powers that be decide they want Candler it wont be difficult. Gotta hit rock bottom first. Almost there.

:mjcry:

Sad but true. I wanna go back and buy the house I grew up in, off Boring Rd. My old neighbor almost bought it 5 yrs ago and was going to rent it out (possibly to me and my brother) after my dad moved out, but she had a medical emergency

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjcry:

Sad but true. I wanna go back and buy the house I grew up in, off Boring Rd. My old neighbor almost bought it 5 yrs ago and was going to rent it out (possibly to me and my brother) after my dad moved out, but she had a medical emergency

@keond

I dont think DeKalb and Clayton will be gentrified like that. too much fukkery for cacs and its not in the city. plus there isnt anything for them to do in those areas.

only reason Cleveland ave, metropolitan, kirkwood, edgewood, moreland and glenwood is being gentrified is because its a 3 minuet drive to downtown and cacs have a fascination with living and being close to downtown areas.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
@keond

I dont think DeKalb and Clayton will be gentrified like that. too much fukkery for cacs and its not in the city. plus there isnt anything for them to do in those areas.

only reason Cleveland ave, metropolitan, kirkwood, edgewood, moreland and glenwood is being gentrified is because its a 3 minuet drive to downtown and cacs have a fascination with living and being close to downtown areas.

Not all of dekalb or Clayton. However you realize that parts of Clayton and dekalb are already gentrified? The corridor between 1-285 and candler road borders on downtown Decatur, Agnes Scott and Avondale. Might not be much to do but it’s close to all of those places and is literally 5-7 miles away from Atlanta. Parts of Clayton have 200k and up brand new homes the are throwing up. Clayton and dekalb are not far at all from downtown

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not all of dekalb or Clayton. However you realize that parts of Clayton and dekalb are already gentrified? The corridor between 1-285 and candler road borders on downtown Decatur, Agnes Scott and Avondale. Might not be much to do but it’s close to all of those places and is literally 5-7 miles away from Atlanta. Parts of Clayton have 200k and up brand new homes the are throwing up. Clayton and dekalb are not far at all from downtown

I meant the deeper parts of Dekalb, not the Emory,Druid Hills, historic Decatur parts.

what parts of clayton are these homes being built in? there could be black people moving in those homes. I have been living and riding all around clayton county for over 20 years and have yet to see more than 3 white people in one area. the whites I do see are old ones who did not want to move when we took over and ones who look like they are out of a trailer park. you wont see young white yuppies in clayton

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Lol nah unfortunately i might be assisting gentrifing the neighborhood but it really might be the best spot in the city. Its a mix of lowkey and city. Close af to literally everything eav,l5p, edgewood, peter street area, downtown and midtown. Ive heard the area was rougher a few years ago but its cleaned up really well. :obama: its ded true it gets much more hood on glenwood toward decatur but as someone who grew up in Brooklyn shyts regular. Im planning on buying in a year or 2 hopefully prices arent as hot then

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lol nah unfortunately i might be assisting gentrifing the neighborhood but it really might be the best spot in the city. Its a mix of lowkey and city. Close af to literally everything eav,l5p, edgewood, peter street area, downtown and midtown. Ive heard the area was rougher a few years ago but its cleaned up really well. :obama: its ded true it gets much more hood on glenwood toward decatur but as someone who grew up in Brooklyn shyts regular. Im planning on buying in a year or 2 hopefully prices arent as hot then

man that area use to be wild..
Glenwood, Moreland, Kirkwood, Bouldercrest and East Lake are all near there and those were some of the worst parts of Atlanta. Not to mention 4 Seasons and Thomasville were down the street

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
so this white bytch is apart of gentrification...but is fighting to keep a condo out the neighborhood that she herself is playing in driving black people out..

white people fighting white people is what makes this country great

hipsters been living at L5P and Grant Park forever, but they never expected Glenwood Kroger and Edgewood Retail to come thru

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Ya'll know any good apartments/areas on the south side? I'm looking for something around $900 a month somewhat near the city if possible. The Jonesboro area is looking like an option. Any suggestions?

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Ya'll know any good apartments/areas on the south side? I'm looking for something around $900 a month somewhat near the city if possible. The Jonesboro area is looking like an option. Any suggestions?
You might as well rent a house in Clayco :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
karen Minton 63 with her fine ass, you know she threw it at fred
Dg2ZDr4XkAE8Dcv.jpg
DgFForwWkAAJjt-.jpg

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

look for apartments in college park near woodward academy and the college park train station. that part of CP doesnt have the fukkery that the rest of the southside has.

Hapeville is a option, but the new complexes there start off at 1k cause its across the street from the airport and all the balconies are facing the runways. IDK if you care how the apartment look on the outside, but you can find a lot of old apartments in hapeville way cheaper than $900 but your neighbors will be migos :pachaha:..just gotta fix it up on the inside to your liking.

jonesboro is ok..they have a lot of good looking apartments. forest park would be a better option tho cause its like 10 minuets from downtown, part of the airport is in FP and you can get on 285 and 75 easily from FP but again there are mostly old looking apartments there. It may only be 1 or 2 modern style looking complexes in forest park, but everything is cheap there, its the closet city in clayton county to atlanta and crime isnt as bad there as it is the rest of clay co