"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm was actually born in atl but ofcourse I was raised in Duval. I'm not a homophobe at all (sorry for saying horror show), it just really jumps out at you. Like at the malls and shyt. There's cliques of gay dudes. A lot of them. They also work at almost every store. I just think it has increased over the years.

Outside Lenox I really don’t see too many gay dudes

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Yo I'm currently in Atlanta. Is it me, or has the city become increasingly gay over the last 3 years? Every restaurant, or place of business I go to is filled with gay black men.

I used to come to Atlanta and see the most beautiful women but now it's a horror show

The city had gotten bigger and that segment of the population has grown as well. When I'm out with my wife we don't care, when I'm out here solo I'm like :yeshrug:

I don't see why y'all let that population still bother you in 2018.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
I think people go to the mall the most when they come to the A.

Dont go to the mall (where theres a huge amount of people in one spot) and you wont see the gays.

Living here, I rarely go to the malls so I'm always :mindblown: when visitors talk the gay presence
The city had gotten bigger and that segment of the population has grown as well. When I'm out with my wife we don't care, when I'm out here solo I'm like :yeshrug:

I don't see why y'all let that population still bother you in 2018.
There are gay people around and you will encounter them everyday, and I can see now from an out of towner perspective, that they blend in just like everyone one else. Its really not that big of a deal, they are not being flagrant, they are living there life minding their own business, like we all should. And if you are around flagrant gays, then its because you want to be

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA

It always funny to me that nikkas from places like NYC, DC and Chicago that love to clown about "GayTL" as if them cities dont have a huge gay population. Most major cities have big gay populations. I honestly dont come across many in my daily travels. If you hanging at Lenox or in Midtown they will be around. And even when i go to midtown for Jazz Fest or some shyt, they stay in their lane.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Aww shyt. fukk! White people coming to Bankhead, cacs in the trap shawty :damn:

Atlanta homebuilder aims to ‘pioneer’ development push into Bankhead
Plans unveiled for The Finley, promised as a cheaper townhome alternative west of Midtown
By Josh Green@JoshGreen1234 Jan 30, 2018, 2:35pm ESTSHARE
WS_Front_Porch.0.jpg

Developers say these Westside Station townhomes will serve as a template for a forthcoming Brock Built project in Bankhead.
Brock Built
An Atlanta-based builder with a portfolio of some 1,400 homes is setting sights on Bankhead’s Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway, where almost no major investment has occurred in recent decades.

Brock Built Homes, builders of planned communities from Woodstock to East Atlanta, sees potential (and lower land costs) in the corridor due west of Georgia Tech.

The Saporta Report delves this week into the prospects of—and logic behind—a planned townhome community with 400 feet of Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway (formerly Bankhead Highway) frontage called The Finley.

Though it’s within sight of Midtown’s spires, the thoroughfare in question is defined by parking lots, shuttered buildings, and an auto salvage business. But it’s probably no coincidence the site is around the corner, via Marietta Boulevard, from the under-construction Westside Park at Bellwood Quarry.

The Maddox Park green space and MARTA’s Bankhead Station are just down the street, too.

Company founder and President Steve Brock told the website his intent with the townhome venture is “to be the leading indicator, the pioneer in the area.”

Not far way, Brock Built in recent decades has transformed industrial tracts south of Buckhead into hundreds of housing units, altering the feel of the area in significant ways.

For a preview of what’s to come in Bankhead, look no further than a rising Brock Built community called Westside Station, the developer says.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Aww shyt. fukk! White people coming to Bankhead, cacs in the trap shawty :damn:

Tried to tell you, breh. Expect to see little $400k townhouse communities popping up around the Westside in 2019.

Cacs see the Westside as the main direction for expansion in Atlanta over the next decade. That includes all areas of the Westside, including the southwest! Georgia Tech has run out of room to grow into Midtown, so they're heading West. Companies that want to setup shop near Georgia Tech will also have to head West or pay out the ass to be in Midtown. They'll go West, too. As will their employees.

Tried to tell you that unofficial sources spotted Amazon officials in Black vans touring the West End. You didn't believe me.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It always funny to me that nikkas from places like NYC, DC and Chicago that love to clown about "GayTL" as if them cities dont have a huge gay population. Most major cities have big gay populations. I honestly dont come across many in my daily travels. If you hanging at Lenox or in Midtown they will be around. And even when i go to midtown for Jazz Fest or some shyt, they stay in their lane.

Anywhere you have a bunch of upwardly mobile young people, you're going to have a bunch of gays. That's basically any major city.

nikkas should live in Small Town, USA if they are terrified of being in cities where gays are.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
That shyt was inevitable once this “West Midtown” shyt started :yeshrug:

I'm clearly exaggerating fears from many Atlantans that any development by white people means that black people are gonna lose everything. But that part of Bankhead is a desirable area and as you mentioned close to West Midtown.

With that said they are doing something over here by the old Bankhead Courts near Bankhead and Fulton Industrial and it's gonna be big. Not sure what's that gonna be but I'm keeping my eyes open :lupe:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Tried to tell you, breh. Expect to see little $400k townhouse communities popping up around the Westside in 2019.

Cacs see the Westside as the main direction for expansion in Atlanta over the next decade. That includes all areas of the Westside, including the southwest! Georgia Tech has run out of room to grow into Midtown, so they're heading West. Companies that want to setup shop near Georgia Tech will also have to head West or pay out the ass to be in Midtown. They'll go West, too. As will their employees.

Tried to tell you that unofficial sources spotted Amazon officials in Black vans touring the West End. You didn't believe me.

No you posted unverified claims about Amazon and have been running with a narrative that any and all development in the SWATS is inevitable and is going to run all black people out. You continue to sensationalize shyt because it fits your agenda, which is convenient for you out of towners who move here to act like you know everything.

All areas of the Westside aren't going to be redeveloped and many of the areas that are are still extremely close to downtown/midtown.

Like I've said before most areas in Atlanta especially the SWATS have gone decades without any type of significant investment into those communities. In order for them to turn around a certain amount of gentrification is necessary. If it means a neighborhood goes from 95% black to 80% black, but housing values go up, more jobs are created and it's a safer and more liveable community then I'm all for it.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm clearly exaggerating fears from many Atlantans that any development by white people means that black people are gonna lose everything. But that part of Bankhead is a desirable area and as you mentioned close to West Midtown.

With that said they are doing something over here by the old Bankhead Courts near Bankhead and Fulton Industrial and it's gonna be big. Not sure what's that gonna be but I'm keeping my eyes open :lupe:

They're going to pump in $400 million near Bankhead MARTA station.

Cacs are starting to describe it as "Upper Westside" :mjlol: :mjpls:

It's a wrap for anything within a 15 miles radius of the Westside Reservoir Park.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
They're going to pump in $400 million near Bankhead MARTA station

It's a wrap for anything within a 15 miles radius of the Westside Reservoir Park.
They really got room for all this shyt ? :picard:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
They're going to pump in $400 million near Bankhead MARTA station.

Cacs are starting to describe it as "Upper Westside" :mjlol: :mjpls:

Yes I'm aware of this development as well. But I'm unsure of what you're advocating...would you rather the SW/NW parts of Atlanta that are predominantly black not have any significant resources put in those communities? Would you rather these communities just rot and die along with the people in it? Or are a few extra white people the worst possible outcome if it means more opportunities for black people in our communities? What do you want? What are you really saying? :jbhmm:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Whatup neighbor? :salute: My wife and I purchased a home in Mableton last yr, low key Mableton has some GREAT homes/town homes for the low and alotta people don't know about it

I lived in Mableton for years. We had to leave because the schools are trash. We were over near the Publix off Veterans Memorial. I really miss the neighborhood to be honest but i dont miss fukking with 285. You never knew if taking what was supposed to be a quick trip to Cumberland would in fact take an hour.

Legacy, seems like a cool little community that's been there for a while

Damn man you were right next to me, i was in Providence.