"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Yes I'm aware of this development as well. But I'm unsure of what you're advocating...would you rather the SW/NW parts of Atlanta that are predominantly black not have any significant resources put in those communities? Would you rather these communities just rot and die along with the people in it? Or are a few extra white people the worst possible outcome if it means more opportunities for black people in our communities? What do you want? What are you really saying? :jbhmm:

I’m all for it. Progress stops for no one.

But, I’m also a realist. Reed and Bottoms barely beat Norwood.

Cacs flooding back into the city will drive property taxes and rents up.

Low-income Black people who rent will be pushed out. Even some Black people who own, mainly the elderly, will be pushed out due to an inability to pay rising property taxes.

Over time, the cac voter base will rise and they’ll gain control of the Mayor’s office and other posts in city government.

Things will certainly improve. Better streets, less trash, less noise pollution, less crime, etc.

But, by then, a good bit of Atlanta’s poor Black people will have been pushed out to Clayton County and other remote spots. They will not have a say in the future of the city.

The poverty isn’t getting addressed. It’s just getting moved. It’s pre-1996 all over, again.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
The poverty isn’t getting addressed. It’s just getting moved. It’s pre-1996 all over, again.
Only this time it ain’t gonna be just Clayton and Dekalb..it’s gonna spread out even more to Douglas, Henry, Rockdale (its already happening but I predict it’s gonna be even more)

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I’m all for it. Progress stops for no one.

But, I’m also a realist. Reed and Bottoms barely beat Norwood.

Cacs flooding back into the city will drive property taxes and rents up.

Low-income Black people who rent will be pushed out. Even some Black people who own, mainly the elderly, will be pushed out due to an inability to pay rising property taxes.

Over time, the cac voter base will rise and they’ll gain control of the Mayor’s office and other posts in city government.

Things will certainly improve. Better streets, less trash, less noise pollution, less crime, etc.

But, by then, a good bit of Atlanta’s poor Black people will have been pushed out to Clayton County and other remote spots. They will not have a say in the future of the city.

You've been pushing this doomsday scenario for black folks in Atlanta for months. Redevelopment and gentrification in Atlanta does not mean that we (black people) are losing the city.

And i disagree, economic development through job creation via new companies moving to and investing in urban Atlanta neighborhoods and rising home value spurred by gentrification/Beltline are just some of the ways that poverty is getting addressed.

This isn't the same situation as what the effects of Atlanta tearing down all the public housing had on poor black people who had no ownership in the communities they lived. In the areas where this development is happening there's a chance for us to benefit from the development happening in Atlanta

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps

This dude been here his whole life and don’t know wtf he talking bout :stopitslime:

“The zones is just the inner city it ain’t Midtown or Buckhead” :dwillhuh:
“I never heard of Zone 5” :comeon: Downtown...Grady Homes.. the heart of the city :mindblown:

Doesn’t realize Zone 6 is in Dekalb WTF

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

This dude been here his whole life and don’t know wtf he talking bout :stopitslime:

“The zones is just the inner city it ain’t Midtown or Buckhead” :dwillhuh:
“I never heard of Zone 5” :comeon: Downtown...Grady Homes.. the heart of the city :mindblown:

Doesn’t realize Zone 6 is in Dekalb WTF

nikka sound like he never left pittsburgh in his life

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I remember the old days when Lenox was an upscale mall.

Now, a bunch of fags and dumb nikkas are in Lenox.

I prefer Phipps. :mjpls:

:dwillhuh:

Lenox has always attracted the hood nikkas and gay people and it's still the nicest mall in he South (outside of Aventura in Miami)

:mjlol: at preferring Phipps, there's barely anything in there

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pretty upset that Lil Duke new mixtape is shytting on Peewee new tape :francis:

Peewee might need to stick to selling lean he got no momentum at all in music

That new Thug tape tho :banderas: