"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Any suggestions on places to go on second dates? We broke the ice and got a decent vibe off each other.... Shout out to @staticshock for the first date tip :salute:

It's gonna be Saturday and I see the weather is gonna be good. :lupe:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Finally making my 1st visit tomorrow. Gonna be staying at the W downtown. Will I be within walking distance of the nightlife?

You're in a great area, the bar at the W Downtown is always lit so you may not have to go to far, it gets poppin next door at The Twelve hotel too. You're a short Uber ride from midtown night life near Opera, Tin Lizzys, Lure (id personally recommend that you go if you got a lil lady friend down here) and all the other bars/restaurants off Crescent Ave.

Last edited:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Any suggestions on places to go on second dates? We broke the ice and got a decent vibe off each other.... Shout out to @staticshock for the first date tip :salute:

It's gonna be Saturday and I see the weather is gonna be good. :lupe:

You like her or you in smash only mode? :steviej:

How much you trying to spend breh? What part of town you tryna kick it at?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So nobody got an opinion on east atlanta village being a good place to live?

If you won’t mind the constant noise, traffic and folks parking in front of your house on the weekends the yea it’s fine.

I’d move there myself if I was making the salary I wanted because that’s where I hang at most of the time and it’s a lot of night options and restaurants there. Plus it’s a short drive to Ponce and downtown.

If you have the funds then go for it. Real diverse area, and people who hang out there are young professionals of all walks of life. Definitely my favorite place in the city.

Make sure you stay on that end of Glenwood and don’t go on the other side of it tho

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
If you won’t mind the constant noise, traffic and folks parking in front of your house on the weekends the yea it’s fine.

I’d move there myself if I was making the salary I wanted because that’s where I hang at most of the time and it’s a lot of night options and restaurants there. Plus it’s a short drive to Ponce and downtown.

If you have the funds then go for it. Real diverse area, and people who hang out there are young professionals of all walks of life. Definitely my favorite place in the city.

Make sure you stay on that end of Glenwood and don’t go on the other side of it tho

I was looking at the alexan eav apartment building. I saw a nice 2 bedroom in my price range. They offering a month off for first month and a free 55inch tv just might pull the trigger.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
So nobody got an opinion on east atlanta village being a good place to live?

EAV is cool...it's a gentrified part of ATL so it's ALOT of hippies, but it's got rising home values with a lot of older homes, a dope arts scene and it's generally a nice neighborhood. Would I live there? No, but if you're into the EAV/L5P (Little 5 Points) lifestyle, living next to Grant Park and only a few minutes from downtown it's not bad. One of my favorite hookah bars in ATL was/is in EAV so it's a good place to hang I just wouldn't personally want to live over there

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
EAV is cool...it's a gentrified part of ATL so it's ALOT of hippies, but it's got rising home values with a lot of older homes, a dope arts scene and it's generally a nice neighborhood. Would I live there? No, but if you're into the EAV/L5P (Little 5 Points) lifestyle, living next to Grant Park and only a few minutes from downtown it's not bad. One of my favorite hookah bars in ATL was/is in EAV so it's a good place to hang I just wouldn't personally want to live over there

iLounge?

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
You like her or you in smash only mode? :steviej:

How much you trying to spend breh? What part of town you tryna kick it at?

I like her so the smashing can come later:shaq:

I ain’t tryna spend more than $40. As far as locations, we would probably wanna be near the city.
Y’all went to the escape room bruh?

I thought about it, but when I did it my coworkers I was pretty lost :francis:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
What are you looking for? Clubs? Bars? Lounges? Restaurants, etc
Bars and lounges. Too old for clubbing for the most part.
You're in a great area, the bar at the W Downtown is always lit so you may not have to go to far, it gets poppin next door at The Twelve hotel too. You're a short Uber ride from midtown night life near Opera, Tin Lizzys, Lure (id personally recommend that you go if you got a lil lady friend down here) and all the other bars/restaurants off Crescent Ave.
Thanks breh

And where can I find some good bbq? I live in Savannah now and the bbq has not been very impressive so far