"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Say brehs I just got two job offers down there in the A, so it looks like I'll finally be taking my talents down south.

One gig is in buckhead and the other is downtown. I'm leaning towards the buckhead gig.

What areas should I consider living in if I'm working in Buckhead but don't wanna be sitting in 123412341234 hours of traffic every day?

I'm willing to spend around 1200 buckeroos a month, preferably less. It's just me so all I really need is a fly ass 1 bedroom to feast.

Live in buckhead or Brookhaven.

I was literally in the same situation you are when I moved,

Buckhead is slightly walkable and Brookhaven has apartments for 200-300 cheaper for the same amenities/size.

If ur job is next to the bucked Marta station. You can live anywhere as long as its close to a Marta rail station

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Live in buckhead or Brookhaven.

I was literally in the same situation you are when I moved,

Buckhead is slightly walkable and Brookhaven has apartments for 200-300 cheaper for the same amenities/size.

If ur job is next to the bucked Marta station. You can live anywhere as long as its close to a Marta rail station

Thanks breh. What's it like living in buckhead or brookhaven (whichever one you lived in)? I'm black and single if that gives a frame of reference.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh. What's it like living in buckhead or brookhaven (whichever one you lived in)? I'm black and single if that gives a frame of reference.

Brookhaven and buckhead are black lounge areas.

But u can get to clubs with 10-15 on the weekends, anywhere in the city of u live in either

Mostly white ppl but there are "black apartment buildings" in buckhead, they are usually closer to the strip clubs in buckhead and the tower spirits shop.

Brookhaven is straight white and honestly turning into a family district, outside of the Hispanics on Buford highway. But it's cheaper and u don't have buckhead cops/bouncers s bn a$$holes

The professional black bar area in atlanta is in buckhead "rose bar, whisky mistress, etc"

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Say brehs I just got two job offers down there in the A, so it looks like I'll finally be taking my talents down south.

One gig is in buckhead and the other is downtown. I'm leaning towards the buckhead gig.

What areas should I consider living in if I'm working in Buckhead but don't wanna be sitting in 123412341234 hours of traffic every day?

I'm willing to spend around 1200 buckeroos a month, preferably less. It's just me so all I really need is a fly ass 1 bedroom to feast.

Sandy Springs, Roswell,

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Cops: Ex-Kennesaw State basketball player part of $3M ID fraud ring
A former Kennesaw State University basketball player is wanted by police in connection with an alleged identity theft ring that has fraudulently amassed more than $3 million.

Romain Henry, who played two seasons at KSU between 2010 and 2012, is one of three people in the alleged ring facing charges in Duluth, the police department said. Stanly Stany, 26, has already been arrested, but Henry and accused ringleader Rafael Rosemond are still wanted on financial identity fraud charges, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Police believe Henry, Stany and Rosemond set up bogus credit cards with “synthetic” identities — fake names and birthdays, but real people’s social security numbers — and used them to purchase prepaid debit cards worth up to $500. The trio would either use those cards for spending money or sell them for much less than what they were worth, Channel 2 reported.

They are believed to have conducted the scheme at 124 of the 205 Walmart stores in Georgia — nearly two thirds of stores statewide, according to Channel 2.

Henry was stopped and released by police in 2016, after a Walmart location in Duluth complained he had attempted to use several credit cards at the store. Henry told police he did not swipe any cards or purchase anything. He was not arrested, but police realized the scope of the alleged fraud soon after and have been searching for Henry and Rosemond since.

Cops: Ex-Kennesaw State basketball player part of $3M ID fraud ring

Damn, I remember buddy. He went to Stephenson

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright brehs, I got a better offer from another company but this company is located in ALPHARETTA.

What can yall tell me about Alpharetta? I'm hearing it's far af from the city and not as black.

I kind of had my hopes up about this job offer I got in Buckhead, had a dope crib scoped out and everything, but the gig in Alpharetta offered me a lot more money. But I'm kinda worried it won't be as fun.

A lot of women (black) in alpharetta?

Any nearby areas I should look into moving to instead that wouldn't include a suicidal commute? Thanks for any help.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alright brehs, I got a better offer from another company but this company is located in ALPHARETTA.

What can yall tell me about Alpharetta? I'm hearing it's far af from the city and not as black.

I kind of had my hopes up about this job offer I got in Buckhead, had a dope crib scoped out and everything, but the gig in Alpharetta offered me a lot more money. But I'm kinda worried it won't be as fun.

Any nearby areas I should look into moving to instead that wouldn't include a suicidal commute? Thanks for any help.

I think I've been to Alpharetta maybe twice so idk. Is the office walking distance from Marta?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Did they change it due to the ray lewis murder?

I wanna say it was around 2004 after the Diddy shooting that they started getting serious about shutting it down. Bars used to stay open till 4am and you could walk the streets with drinks like you can on Beale and Bourbon Street. Folks really didn't know how to act as all kinds of wild shyt was going on in those back streets.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang

Its not close to downtown at all. That commute is gonna be a beast depending on where you decide to get a spot at.

Im not out that way too often so i can't speak on the women, but it is some money up that way so you will be avoiding that ratchets. Most likely you will have to come into the city to find the sistas

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

If you got the bag in Alpharetta I'd say go get your money. It's 6 million people in the Metro Atlanta area and 5 million live in the surrounding suburbs and cities in Atlanta. There are some black people in Alpharetta but I find most young black people who live up there aren't from Atlanta so you won't get a feel for the culture of Atlanta.

If your job is in Alpharetta and you get a spot up there then that's a win IMO, if you work anywhere else in Atlanta and live in Alpharetta then the traffic on 400 N is a legit nightmare, no exaggeration. As far as fun you're gonna have to drive south to the city but shyt if you got more money then an extra 30-35 minutes to get somewhere ain't that bad

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
What are the black apartment buildings in buckhead? Im actually taking a flight into atl tonight gonna spend the weekend to get a vibe of the areas.

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Brookhaven and buckhead are black lounge areas.

But u can get to clubs with 10-15 on the weekends, anywhere in the city of u live in either

Mostly white ppl but there are "black apartment buildings" in buckhead, they are usually closer to the strip clubs in buckhead and the tower spirits shop.

Brookhaven is straight white and honestly turning into a family district, outside of the Hispanics on Buford highway. But it's cheaper and u don't have buckhead cops/bouncers s bn a$$holes

The professional black bar area in atlanta is in buckhead "rose bar, whisky mistress, etc"