"The GOAT Black City" The Official: ATL Discussion Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
South Cobb isn't the Northside, the fukk? :dwillhuh: The stadium is right off of Cobb Pkwy and down the street from Cumberland Mall, how the hell is that the Northside?

How did it fukk up the economy? And it didn't bring more traffic my daughter went to school off Spring Rd (which begins right where that Lexus dealership is across the st from the Battery) and the traffic isn't any worse on game days

I agree but the real reason they left is because they got huge economic incentives from Cobb Co (COA and Kasim were not willing to give the Braves what they wanted), the Braves own SunTrust and the Battery and they keep all that revenue. It's important to remember that the Braves never owned Turner Field. Those reasons plus disinterest in being in a part of town that never was going to get reinvestment around the stadium made it an easy decision for them

Breh Cobb County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country specifically the Vinings/Cumberland Mall area/Smyrna area. There's no evidence that the Braves moving there has been bad for business at all if anything it's raised rent and property values for anyone within 5-10 miles of the stadium

Traffic is fine down there. They added additional lanes getting on to Cobb Pkwy, added a pedestrian bridge from Cobb Galleria to the Battery over 285 and the Northwest Corridor should be done by late summer early Fall. Traffic over there isn't any worse than it was a year ago even on game days

When i say fukked up the economy I’m talking the regular person, having 600 plus rent to 700 then sky rocket to 1200 is an increase and will hurt the avg person, i never said for business it’s bad, yes businesses and what not got a big bump, and the improvements in the area, only increased some property value and income

I figured Cobb gave them a hell of an incentive, they needed to do more to the south side, but with them revamping buck head, the old 4th ward and what not I’m sure improving where the “nikkas” reside was the least of anyone’s plans so you knew it was a matter of time, but i will say this if you got the money I’d buy property on the south side, the come up will come soon enough

It was only speculation on the traffic, i know for the years i was there, it was hell

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
So Cumberland isn’t the northside now? :mjlol:

What the hell is cumberland/Vinings and that area up there then :skip:

Anything past midtown is the northside. Buckhead and sandy springs are the northside and Cumberland is past that

:dwillhuh:

Cumberland isn't close to as far north as Sandy Springs

:mjlol: @ anything north of midtown being the Northside, GTFOH :camby:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yall remember this classic :wow:

back when Thug was a Wayne clone..before the goofy shyt

still my favorite thug song

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say brehs I just got two job offers down there in the A, so it looks like I'll finally be taking my talents down south.

One gig is in buckhead and the other is downtown. I'm leaning towards the buckhead gig.

What areas should I consider living in if I'm working in Buckhead but don't wanna be sitting in 123412341234 hours of traffic every day?

I'm willing to spend around 1200 buckeroos a month, preferably less. It's just me so all I really need is a fly ass 1 bedroom to feast.